Went down tonight at 8:00pm Az time

Sounds like you did the same thing as I did except I hit the post with my head and shoulder. You should have your shoulder checked out as you may have broken your coller bone like me. I know a few have sent you a PM about parts they have. Please put up a new list of what is being sent to you as I have some parts for you that I will send too. Glad you did not get hurt bad. Your busa will look good as new before long.

Sorry to hear man. When you get feeling better, take some pics. and post up what you need I'm sure a few of us have some parts laying around. Check the pay it forward post too.

glad to hear you aren't seriously hurt...good job on going back to get your leather jacket...hope you heal fast and can get your bike back up and running soon
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear you are ok. I've been debating getting leather pants and I think you just helped me with the debate.

Bike can be repaired, you'll heal.

Thanks for all the wonderful wishes. I really appreciate the close knit group here. As soon as I talk with Insurance I will update here so you all know what is going on. And yes now I am a firm believer in the gear. I will be purchasing new stuff now as my jacket is rashed as well as the gloves and helmet. I guess it will give me an excuse to buy that new Joe Rocket rkt101 carbon helmet I looked at and leather pants will be on the order too.

Sounds like you came through in fairly good shape. When you're ready to think about fixing the bike, I have a right lower and the tail piece if you need. Take care and heal up
beerchug.gif

dj what size pants do you wear? I have a brand new set of leather AGV pants that are too short for me.. I have a couple leather jackets too, both too short/small.

I am going to get some pics today and put them on.

Leather may be too hot where you are, if so ballistic nylon with armored knees and hips will do the same job unless you are riding on a track at racing speeds. I'm a gear nazi, but hardly ever wear leather pants because of the heat. I have all three types of pants, leather, textile, and mesh. I wear the textiles mostly, and wear the mesh when it hits 90+ outside.
Mesh gear with full armor is as cool as a t-shirt and shorts when you're moving, and DEFINITELY cooler than any jeans. There will be some rebuttal on here about mesh holding up in a crash, but I've seen actual pictures of mesh gear after a slide and it did it's job. Nothing protects as well as leather, but if you don't wear it, it does no good. Leather head to toe in Arizona summer is a good recipe for heatstroke. My boots are perforated Alpinestars, and with Sidi riding socks even my feet stay cool.
smile.gif

i usually have reinforced jeans, or mesh pants, but even in out summers ill rock the leather jacket. i did the mesh jacket and crashed on a mesh jacket, and it just shredded on me and i still got some rash (it was a joe rocket phoenix i believe). so even though the leather is hotter, id rather be hot, then lay on hot asphalt cause the mesh shredded.

glad your OK. Your insurance will probably fix your bike and get you the new gear. I had a friend crash last year and he got new gear, but his bike was totaled.

Back