Bike got thrashed tonight....

This is looking westbound on Lincoln avenue. I was heading east in the inside lane. You can see the hole in the patch, about two feet in from where the patch starts.

I think the cager made her turn (illegally I might add) from where the Ford Explorer is in this pic. That would've put her right next to me and explain why I didn't see her approach from behind.

Biker's eye view of the hole. Note the rubber on each side of the hole, left by the car tires that don't quite fit inside of it and rub the outside edges. Bike tires, unfortunately, fit in there just right. It's hard to tell from the pic but the hole is around 4-6" deep in the middle.

Sorry for the funky pic, I was jumping in and out of traffic to shoot them.

I would send all your pictures and the bill to the state highway maintenence dept. Don't know if it will work but it's definately worth a try.....You pay state taxes don't you?

Dan

That is a bad hole surprised you didnt get thrown,stupid question, did you ride it home like that
rock.gif

The botom line ....you're ok... the bike can be repaired--post a list of parts you need.

Amen to that.  I love my busa and I'm dying to ride and it's only been a couple days.  BUT....bottom line - I walked away with no scratches.  The bike can be fixed, just glad it isn't me in the shop right now.

That is a bad hole surprised you didnt get thrown,stupid question, did you ride it home  like that
rock.gif

No way dude....coasted her to a stop on the side of the road.  If you look in the second pic you can see a speed limit sign shining on the right by the guard rail....ended up coming to a stop about 30 feet past that.  Quick phone call to the wifey to grab the ramp, tie downs and truck....a nifty bit of solo loading (truck in the ditch far enough to get the tail gate on the ground) and home I went.

As for getting thrown....you aren't the only one surprised...musta reached deep down inside for some mad dirt bikin skills or something...standing out of the saddle, busa doing the high speed shake thing....good times.

I would send all your pictures and the bill to the state highway maintenence dept. Don't know if it will work but it's definately worth a try.....You pay state taxes don't you?

Dan

Oh count on that, I'll be having a nice cozy chat with the city manager as soon as I get the estimate.....actually I'll be meeting with him on duty first, to get the hole fixed before someone is killed, then we'll have a money chat when I'm off duty.

That hole has been there a long time.  While I was shooting pics (in uniform) I waived down a Gold wing just before he planted in the same hole....we're gonna get a wicked wreck out of that thing yet....

Back