Trying to quit smoking!

I buy the Target brand nicotine gum. Even if I never get off of the gum it is much healthier than smoking, and is also cheaper. 220 pieces 4mg strength for about $45. Significantly cheaper than Nicorette. "All the goodness without the carcinogens.":whistle:
Gum lasts me about three weeks. A carton of cigs in FL is over $50.
At a pack a day that would last about 1 1/2 weeks.

hang in there man!!!! 24 hours is an excellent mile stone. I think it take 48 for all the nicotine to get out of your system then anotther 48 before the shakes and urges start to wane. I smoke buy the way have been for 25 years 2 packs of pall mall reds a day. I to am getting set to uit and i hope to be smoke free in the new year!!!

i did the math i could save like 3000.00 a year or more!!!

I quit 2 years ago in Feb. I chewed for a week after throwing the cig away. Been nicotine clean since. I love it! The first 3 months are the hardest.

Well i know this isn't going to be easy, but im sitting here at work, and the night is all most over. I do have the urge to smoke, but im not going to die if i dont! Im sure the ride home while im doing my deliveries, is going to suk tonite for sure! But im going to remain optimistic, and try not to let the urges take over!

Good luck, I"ve never smoked, can't stand the smell. I can't imagine how hard it is for someone who's trying to.

I have no doubts you can do it, John! You just needed a little more motivation. One day turns into 2, 2 days becomes 3 and soon you're at a week and can't be stopped! Good luck to you!:thumbsup:

I don't care what anyone says, you have to want to quit.
I totally agree. Smokers smoke because they like smoking. The reason they fail to quit is that they don't really want to give it up.
Smoking is enormously enjoyable. If it didn't cause cancer, I would smoke for the rest of my life.

dude, how did the video guy know that the tar was bitter, if it's a horrible poison?:poke:

I am sorry, but this is is just idiotic. IT KILLS YOU SLOWLY...
Some people don't understand why others enjoy motorcycling or skydiving. Hell, eating fatty foods kills you, too, but I'm not going to give up Burger King.
If you have never smoked, you cannot understand why people do it. - The truth is, though, they do it because they like it.
Anyway, damn near all of the greatest writers, hardiest adventurers, toughest soldiers and fightin'est marines were smokers.:poke:

I've smoked for 7 years and and I told my gf I would try and quit by christmas. Im 25 I have trouble sleeping because of it.
The problem is the as soon as I say it done no more I smoke even more. I've quit twice before and the first week im the most angry person in the world. I want to for me and no one else. Plus at five dollars a pack eight packs a week tags 160 a month and that's money I could put in the bike or br getting a new truck with. So im right there with in the fight to quit. Only a smoker knows how hard it is to quit. I quit drinking and it was ten times easier than smoking. Nuff ranting and good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey John, put all the money you dont spend on cigs in a jar go buy something for yourself or your bike and it might be an eye opener.

My dad was a heavy smoker and he croaked at 50 years old from lung cancer. I knew I never wanted to even try them. Good luck buddy.

I don't care what anyone says, you have to want to quit.

+1

I smoked for 8 years and have been a non smoker for 16 years now.

When I smoked, I attempted to quit a few times in the later years but did not work. Finally, I realized that even though I told myself I wanted to quit, I didn't really want to. My hands always wanted something to do, and it felt right.

Not that I would ever suggest this, but...I got to where I would go until about 5:00 pm (working second shift) before lighting up the first cig (thinking I was doing pretty good throughout the day).

However, after it started I would smoke about two packs during work hours and before going to bed that night. Cramming this chain smoking into a short time made me literally "sick" of cigarettes and one day I laid the pack on top of my dash and never lit another one up. They stayed there for about two months because I didn't really think I was going to quick, until my buddy threw them away and that was that.

I figure I had enough nicotine built up I didn't need it for a while and somehow my body adjusted then without it.

Anyway, not a method I would ever trust or suggest, but that's how I quit.

PS:::soon after I quit I could tell a large difference in my body. At a checkup a few years ago I asked the doc and he said after this many years it's like I never lit up at all. Maybe some incentive to think about for the future.

Last edited:
I just threw my jackets in the wash, just to rid my self of the temptation, from the smell

Good luck, we're rooting for you~!~

I saw a commercial just yesterday about water vapor cigarettes. I didn't see all of it, but apparently they are so you still have something to do with your hands, and legal to smoke anywhere...they just emit a water vapor instead of actually smoking.

Might be something to look into, one of my biggest issues was what are my hands going to do now...

Try this link: http://discountsmokelesscigarettes.com/water-vapor-cigarette.html
Google pulls up a few results...

Last edited:
i quit for like 5 weeks before- shoulda stayed quit...
it is a lot o' money...
maybe its time to quit for good...
probably the best thing any of us (smokers) could do.:thumbsup:

My dad tried several times when i was younger. First nothing, then a pipe, then back to cigs...did this several times..until he coughed blood. Then he went cold turkey. That was 35 years ago and he's still alive and kicking...he would be dead if he'd continued. You can do it too but there are no substitutes for cold turkey and willpower. Watch your weight - after you quit poisoning yourself it will be easy to pick up which carries it's own set of health risks...

I believe I will try at one o'clock after my lunch break. I did order the smoke assist should be here this week. But it'd be nice to quit before it gets here. Gixr pm me if you need support.
Shew fifteen min. Let's try cold.turkey.

Let's how many people.can quit by christmas!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back