Quit smoking: the extreme way

steelhead

Registered
I have a brutal method when it comes to quitting smoking. I make my body hate it.

STEP 1:
I buy a carton of Marlboro Reds (not lights...FULL REGULAR). I chain smoke the stuff till I want to vomit, and then some more. I do this for a week at the most unpleasant times of the day, including early early morning on an empty stomach. I find ways to make my body hate the stuff. Physiologically.

Then I stop smoking for five days. I experiment how long I can go before I want to smoke again. I tell my friends I'm testing my will power (a crazy Science experiment): "How long I can go without smoking". I tell them it is an experiment, not a way of quitting, so that I don't lose face when I smoke again...but they respect it...and understand it is not "full quitting". By the sixth day, I psychologically still want to smoke again...naturally. This is a product of environment and habit. So, I smoke, again, BUT to the extreme like before.  See Step 2.

Step 2:
(a) I smoke another carton of Marlboro Reds chain smoking until I feel sick...and I CONTINUE smoking. I do it in every possible way that makes my body hate it.

(b)I also disassociate myself from using complimentary products that I usually enjoy smoking with...such as substituting Dr.Pepper for Coffee.

By the time I'm finished physiologically conditioning myself to hate smoking, I notice a few changes. When I sit beside people smoking...the strong urges to smoke are significantly cut down! But, of course. It's like drinking too much Tequila and your body gags at it whenever you even smell it later on.

I haven't heard of people using this method of Marlboro Red overload, so I thought I would share.  
smile.gif

The rest is then will power, since your body is already hateful of smoking.

There's one more secret below (two posting down from the question if you already smoke like a maniac).

What's your method?

Oh, here's the Scientific Evidence:
*http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5128216.stm*

<!--EDIT|steelhead
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152213666 -->

rock.gif
That's pretty extreme...reminds me of the movie "Brewsters Millions". I never started.

I also have one more secret I'd like to share. I also locate very bad tasting SUPER STRONG cigarettes. You want to induce the vomit reflex. My friend has a carton of really raunchy Russian Cigarettes. I find by over smoking Marlboro Reds and those bad tasting imports, I feel dizzy and nauseated. Whenever I think about smoking, I focus on those bad memories, and I'm set to go.

<!--EDIT|steelhead
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152213617 -->

Bah, Just get the patches and quit smoking for good. The improvement in how you feel and function are tremendous.

I've never used the patch because they cost alot of money and smoking remains as a pleasurable alternative.

I make sure that my body hates the stuff. Then the temptation is basically removed.

However, I think the patch is the healthier, and more balanced, alternative.

But after the Marlboro Red method, you will hate cigarettes. Which is more than half the battle.

Wanna quit smoking? Find a girl who you really likes but who hates smokes...end of story!

Unless you bastids convert her into a chain smoker as well...:angry:
laugh.gif

I quit about 5 weeks ago, just said to myself, "Self, you aint gonna smoke no more cause you quit". Thats it, no big deal, havent had one since, I've wanted one a couple times but I just remember I quit so I dont get one. I purdy much dont get craving anymore and when I am around other smokers it actually smells bad now so I must be full on quitted I guess. I smoked about a pack and 1/2 a day before, it costs too much and the wife is all preggo so needed to quit anyway.

How many times has it worked for you?
rock.gif

If you've done it more than once, it hasn't worked.

Former smoker here. It's been 21 years (damn I'm gettin old!). The only thing I found to work was sheer will power.

Quit. Don't start back up. That sh1t's killin you dude!

Wanna quit smoking? Find a girl who you really likes but who hates smokes...end of story!
[/Quote]
He's absolutely right!
There is only one thing in this world that is even more powerful than money!
Sorry to say,but it's true.Too bad it wasn't the other way around!!!
rock.gif

Today is my 368th consecutive tobacco free day. I decided to just quit. I smoked the last one out of a pack @ 1530 on Friday afternoon and haven't smoked since.

I had smoked for ~ 24 years.

Don

Join the Army. During BCT you can't smoke... so you are forced to quit. And during that time having a smoke won't even enter your mind anyway. But after BCT is done.... then it's up to you. I chose to smoke again! LOL!

(steelhead @ Jul. 06 2006,07:06) What's your method?
If you really want to quit, you will. I have quit many times....gum, patch, pills etc...I was up to a 5 pack a day habit driving a truck. I was headed home from delivering in Pittsburgh earlier one morning when I came up on an accident in WV on the turnpike. It was May 2, 2005 around lunch time when I came up on a 1 car accident where the car lost it in a curve and rolled over in the median.

The rescue squad had not arrived yet, but had already seen a blanket over someone laying in the north bound lane. The car was laying on another person.....I just remember the 2 little kids that were buckled up in the back seat crying.

I also remember trying to maneuver a 65' truck around toy sand buckets, luggage and clothes that were all in the road. Evidently the family were heading to the coast from Michigan. All of that caused me to think about the times that my 11 & 12 year old have asked me to quit smoking.....Granted Marlboro Lights were a good friend during all those hours on the road at the time.

Long story short.... got home...was smoking a cig, kicked back messing on the laptop.....while surfing the web, I ran across http://www.whyquit.org/.... and read this Particular story and decided to quit cold turkey that day at 4:03 pm.....I still miss the smokes...just not enough to throw it all away.

I can tell you that at the age of 15, every different kind of cigarette I could get my hands on and an 8 pack of Miller ponies did it for me
all_coholic.gif

My cousin and I smoked 'til we were both sick...both NON-SMOKERS to this day! LOL

I highly recommend handing the cigs over to your children when they get curious and let 'em puke 'til it hurts... LOL

Back