I need to quit smoking

My husband quit last year for 3 months. Tward the begining of the fourth month we wanted to rip each others heads off.We where testy and moody.So needless to say we went back to smoking.

Mrs 05

300 i know here in NY if you call 311 they have a hotline where they give you the nicotine patches or gum for no cost.You should check if you have something like that where you live.

Mrs 05

300 i know here in NY if you call 311 they have a hotline where they give you the nicotine patches or gum for no cost.You should check if you have something like that where you live.

Mrs 05
We have 911 here...it might get me a ride to the doctor
ThumbsUp.gif

I don't want to take any patches, etc. I am just quiting cold turkey and I can honestly say that after 34+ hours of suffering, it is getting a lot easier. I never thought that I would make it this far.
kickass.gif

Mrs 05
We have 911 here...it might get me a ride to the doctor  
ThumbsUp.gif

I don't want to take any patches, etc.  I am just quiting cold turkey and I can honestly say that after 34+ hours of suffering, it is getting a lot easier.  I never thought that I would make it this far.  
kickass.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
Good for you.You have more will power then i do.After I finish this pack i'm going to try and quit again.

Mrs 05

ThumbsUp.gif

Stick with it 300, You can get by, Day by Day it will get alot easier, I am pulling for you BRO!
beerchug.gif

Keep it up 300Busa! You made it this far. The nicotine cravings are on the downhill side now. Just try to keep those pretzels handy if you get the urge to put a cig in your mouth. And if you try to light it, it won't.

Keep it up 300Busa!  You made it this far.  The nicotine cravings are on the downhill side now.  Just try to keep those pretzels handy if you get the urge to put a cig in your mouth.  And if you try to light it, it won't.
I am doing that right now. The pretzels are stale, so I cant eat them...but holding them does seem to help. Thanks for the tip!
shake.gif

WOO HOO TWO DAYS COMPLETED SMOKE FREE! The cravings are still there every now and then....but overall, it isn't so bad anymore.

Good man! Now keep it up, it is not easy.
I think the key to really helping you get thru it is if you keep in touch with this thread. Why?
Cause we all know that you do not wanna let us down by telling us you smoked!!! right?

Good man! Now keep it up, it is not easy.
I think the key to really helping you get thru it is if you keep in touch with this thread.  Why?
Cause we all know that you do not wanna let us down by telling us you smoked!!! right?
I will put my busa's life on it...I have not smoked since about an hour before I started this entire thread!

Remember to clean you house and wash your cloths. That will help get rid of the subconscious temptation because of the smell.

Great job. Keep it up!
beerchug.gif

+1 on the house cleanup... it wont be long before you can smell a smoker when they walk in a room...(and it is not all that pleasant after a bit)

if you smoked in the house, you will have a lot of sticky gooey gunk to get off mirrors, walls etc...

Hmm....that might be a good idea. Maybe I should wait until we move to quit smoking. That way I could go into a house thats never been smoked in and i could wash all my clothes to get rid of the smell. Great idea! And we're getting all new furniture, so it wont smell either..

Back