Well... The Revster Officially Fugging Quits...

Way to go Rev!

An old girlfriend smoked for 30 years and quit cold turkey with hypnosis. Had no cravings and worked instantly. I guess you have to be the right type of person.

Good luck Bro!

good luck rev.... just stick with it and the outcome will be worth all the pain and hassle.
smile.gif

Well Thanks everyone... So long as both the wife and I stay committed we'll get through just fine. If one of us falls off the wagon though... thats when things get tough... I am pretty motivated though, I am thinking MOD MONEY... I am going to take the $200 a month or whatever it was and stash it for bike mods... Should help things along...

ZYBAN huh? I might give that try, see if that handles my moods a little better. That was the biggest problem I had last time and it was a contributing factor to starting again... Simply put I never got past being a complete ass... I mean I expect to be a bit of a Bitch for a month or two, but I mean for three years or so I was a complete bastard, to the point where I started using the patches in an attempt to not smoke but still stay married... very frustrating... We'll see how it goes...

My biggest problem, and a problem I have this time especially is that I really enjoy smoking... I mean the act of lighting a cigarette, the clink clank of the Zippo, the smoke rolling across my vision... Hell, when all leathered up and hanging out it just seemed like the thing to do ... WHY OH WHY can't they come up with a healthy cigarette? Get rid of all the nicotine and add some vitamin C or something you know. Trim it down to a harmless little puff of smoke that contains no chemicals and doesn't harm your lungs... Just for fun...

The most important thing this first couple of months for me anyway is to make DAMN sure I am not ever waiting anywhere for someone to pick me up, or a store to open, or something like that. Those are the times that are just designed for the smoker, it's the perfect tool for waiting... you never feel like your just standing there. Heck your occupied... your smoking a smoke... Ah well, I'll get over it, I will venture to say though that I am glad I have a Web enabled phone... At least I will be able to stand there and surf the news and such... I'll be OK, maybe I'll get a GameBoy advanced and start playing Tetris or Poker when I find myself waiting...

Thanks again all, I am going to go read up on Zyban, thanks Coach.

There are only two scientific proven methods of giving this habit the heave ho.....
"Either you quit it! Or it quit's you!" Hang in there bro I know it won't be easy.

That's great! Think of all the mod or gun money you'll have that you would have spent on cigs. Them thangs ain't cheap!
eek2.gif

I wish you the best with it. Oh, and if the wife needs to split for a while, she can come stay with me until you get yer head smoke free and straight. Tell her to bring her lid.
wink.gif

That's great! Think of all the mod or gun money you'll have that you would have spent on cigs. Them thangs ain't cheap!
eek2.gif

I wish you the best with it. Oh, and if the wife needs to split for a while, she can come stay with me until you get yer head smoke free and straight. Tell her to bring her lid.  
wink.gif
Heh, I am not that cruel bro, you think I may be evil while quitting... you should see my House Mouse... downright viscious... Hell last night I did the dishes and ordered dinner, AND cleaned up... Oh yeah... She may be tiny but she is Irish... and OH lordy... Talk about 110lbs of evil... She's priceless, I wouldn't trade for anything, but Dayum... I sorta start worrying about her being so proficiant with my firearms... I might have to start slinging the PG-Tips under the door for her to to prevent loosing an arm...
smile.gif

Oh but speaking of sidearms, I am going to be looking for a new carry weapon here in a couple of months, I am thinking a Walther P7 or a Glock 27 in .40... I figure a Glock might be the way to go, 10rnds 40cal, small, light, tough as nails...

Oh but speaking of sidearms,  I am going to be looking for a new carry weapon here in a couple of months, I am thinking a Walther P7 or a Glock 27 in .40...  I figure a Glock might be the way to go, 10rnds 40cal, small, light, tough as nails...
I'm a Glock man all the way. Never owned a Walther. Knew a few officers who thought the PPK/S was the cat's ass as a back up. They carried them until the baby Glocks came out.
wink.gif

While we're on the subject of firearms I had my annual qualification this morning. One Deputy had a case rupture on him during qualification. No damage to the Glock at all, just blew the mag out the bottom (I think it blew all the way out from the pressure) and his hands were lightly burned from the gasses escaping from between the frame and slide.

Luckily I had the S500 with me (Of course!
biggrin.gif
)...

Pic from the ejection port. You can kinda see the split in the case.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084907924 -->

caseblowout_01.jpg

Here's the pic that really shows what happened... Don't know why it happened yet (dented case= overpressure, weak brass, etc...). Not even a scar on the plastic frame on the inside. I'm tellin' ya, Glocks are tough.
wink.gif

caseblowout_02.jpg

Good luck Rev! If you find it gets tough, hypnosis works wonders...

Zyban is actually the antidepressant Wellbutrin. When they were running the initial clinical trials on Wellbutrin, they found that most people became less depressed, AND those who were smokers did not feel the need to smoke anymore. So, they repackaged it into an anti-smoking medication! It works for a lot of people...

Way to go Rev, my pops smokes and I'm trying to get him to quit. I used to work in a long term acute care hospital and it's no fun seeing people permenantly dependent upon a machine to breath. They all had one common thing to say "IF I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW I WOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED SMOKING". Good for ya bro and stick by ya guns. Find a hobby/snack that you can do/eat whenever you think you want a cig. The nicotine patch works pretty good too from what I've been told, rather than quitting cold turkey. So again good luck and God bless,

BD

Good luck Rev.....I started and stopped 5 different times while I was in the service. Guess I really didn't get addicted so to speak, but I understand what you are going through.

You will beat it......

Jay

Now, if I could just get my dad to quit......or at least want to quit. That's my battle.

Rev ... we're all pulling for you. If you say you're quitting, then it is true, you are quitting. Don't let yourself down and don't let all of us down. Stick to your word and just do it. One day at a time man.

Just think...If you quit smoking, you can burn that extra money on the bike. Or it can go towards these high fricken gas prices! Good luck.

I think I'll spend all the money I save from quitting cigarettes on Hooker's and Beer...  Yeah...  have me a good ole' time!!!!  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for the support folks, I'll keep you all posted.  Today was really prety easy actually...  Didn't have a whole lot of real bad cravings, and I managed to eat just a normal dinner without making a pig outta myself.  Really i am doing pretty good...  Well for day one anyway...  

We'll see how tomorrow goes...
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084931207 -->

laugh.gif

Damn impressive pics Bullet... Good shots as allways... Yeah I am kinda leaning towards a compact Glock in .40 or .45... Small powerful and durable...

You can do it Revlis...I have faith in ya. Just one rule, no carrying on rides!!
tounge.gif

Heck we may not be too far behind..
wink.gif

I gave up smoking Camel regulars a long time ago when they didn't have patches or pills. Just quit. Felt crummy for a few weeks. I still feel like this was one of the best moves I ever made for my health. I don't know about quiting smoking while in the presence of a firearm. I am glad that I didn't own a gun while I was quitting. Good luck.

Back