Well... The Revster Officially Fugging Quits...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Well it's been fun, it's been real... But it hasn't been real fun.

You figure it's just too Damn dangerous to do it anymore, some just do it on the weekends some do it everyday but I quit. I already got rid of most of my accessories, then I threw away a bunch of other stuff. I am done... I am tired of all the hassle, all the fuggin dirty looks, the expense of it, and the inherent danger involved. Besides it is just getting too damn expensive...

I am hereby giving my official notice that as of Today, 18 May 2004 @ 0600 I <span style='color:darkblue'>quit Smoking</span> for good... I mean life is short enough, and damnit I want to taste Vanilla Ice cream again, I want to be able to enjoy a movie at the theater without getting twitchy, I am tired of smelling like an ashtray and making Raider and the rest wait after fueling up just so I can have another Nail...

Wish me luck you all, cause Rev is going to be a bit of a bitch for the next couple of weeks. The wife is quitting at the same time so I recommend that no one comes to the house for the next two weeks or so... it's going to be rough...

Wish me luck, I'm going In...

Rev
smile.gif

What? What did you think I was quitting?
rock.gif
Riding? Hell, you all know me better than that...

Good Luck Rev !

I'm still trying.......Good days and bad. Seems like every time I get a good stretch going, then some BS happens and I fall back into the routine.

Both of you quiting at the same time could be rough. May want to think about separate vacations for the first week.
laugh.gif

Well, we both have our cheater Modifications on... The "Patch" it makes a world of difference... But yeah, separate vacations may be in order...
All I gotta worry about is weight gain... Gotta keep them pounds off... Good luck to you too... It's pretty freakin difficult..

God Rev, the first paragraph freaked me out. Good luck, it's not going to be a easy path.

wow.gif
If you REALLY want it.. it will happen! It's tough to do, but it really comes down to mind over matter~ I actually quit for two years..cold turkey! Just put 'em down one day and said enoughs enough~ Didn't bother me to be around other smokers either~ The urge to light one up never went away for me~ I just new that if I cheated and lit one up I would fall right back into the habit~
As you know, I'm back into it~ Started again last year when I changed jobs~ Too nervous about a new place with new people~ I know it's no excuse...I'm just weak when it comes to nicotine~ I find it relaxing~ I've been talking to the Mrs. about tossing 'em out again..but haven't yet got to the point that I want to bad enough~ I think if I was to go lick an ash tray... yeah, that would do it!  
laugh.gif

Good on ya, Bro... don't give up! Just keep a pack of gum with ya and you'll be able to keep the weight down.... some~
wink.gif

So you're what? Three hours in to this...are the guys/gals around your office hiding yet?!

Seriously, I hope you and your lovely wife can pull it off...I was one of those lucky ones that never took up smoking full time, only lit one when I was partying, then at the ripe old age of, oh, let's say 15, my cousin and I locked ourselves in my bedroom with about 20 packs of cigarettes of all makes and models, an 8 pack of Miller ponies (remember those?) and we proceeded to make ourselves completely sick...

That method was so effective for me, I'm going to insist that my boys do the same as soon as they master breathing it in the right way, then maybe they won't smoke either!

My father's been battling this habit every since I can remember...it's hard, but I've seen so many people come through with only a few extra pounds and a sugar craving that would make that Keebler elf happy, so I think you'll do fine...

If you need a punching bag, we can always see if RSD will sign back on and we'll send him down your way!
tounge.gif

On second thought, RSD would probably show up with some hat he made, cigarettes attached all over the top like the beer thing guys seem to enjoy at NASCAR races, and only taunt you...

jump9.gif

smile.gif
I know RSD would be there to torture me... Though he might be a good coach... Someone to hang around and slap Da' shid outta me should I put a foot wrong...

The Patches really do help though, it reduces the load so all I have to worry about is battling the day to day habits and how they relate to smoking... I keep wanting to go out back... and I gotta find something to do with my hands... Hmmm
laugh.gif
any Ideas anyone... Man I wish I worked at a strip club....
smile.gif
It's all good though, I've done it before and last time I remember how difficult it was, I strated smoking again Greg for the same reasons you did, new job, new stresses... But I just have to quit... It's the being able to smell and taste my food that I miss... we'll see... Quiting smoking has been likened to try trying to stop doing coke... nicotine is extremely addictive that is where the Patches come in... Slowly ween you off of nicotine. We'll see how it goes, last time I was quit for about 4 years.... Problem I faced was I was such a prick that the wife threatened to split... I mean not just initially but I never came outta the dickweed mode... We'll see how I do this time, if I turn into "SuperPrick" again I may seek some medical solutions... I dunno...

smile.gif

What?  What did you think I was quitting?
rock.gif
 Riding?  Hell, you all know me better than that...
Clever lead-in, but didn't fool me for a minute!!!!!!
smile.gif

It's a tough road, but don't ever give up..................it will be worth it!!!! Just think of all the mod money you'll free up in a years time!!!

My dad smoked all of my growing up life..........but after my wife and I had our daughter I told him I would really like it if he was around to know his granddaughter. He quit the next day and hasn't had one since. (14 years ago!!!)

Do it Rev!!!!!!

ps.........."a bit of a bitch"?...................aint that the part people like about the Rev?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
ha!!!

wow.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

My uncle chain smoked like no person I've ever seen...I mean, he bought not just a carton of cigarettes at one time, but 4 or 5 cartons! He never was without a cigarette in hand, for most of his life...

His mother died of emphysema when he was young, so we all wondered why he even picked up smoking...he was the one person I figured would smoke until it took him, but about 6 or 7 years ago, he quit cold turkey and never went back...

If he can do it, anyone can...

Ideas for your hands?! Hrmmm....
tounge.gif

How about those magnet thingies you and the wife have? Yeah, start building stuff with those, buy more kits, build more...you'll have the Empire State Building on your desk before you know it!
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Congrats on that step to quit your habit. I smoked damn near two packs a day at one point in my life. I tried quitting every other day. It never worked because either I didn't really want to quit or the addiction was so strong. After I watched my father die from the effects of smoking I decided it was really time. To watch a 225 lb man drop his weight down to 110 and then die with congestive heart failure while you hold his hand. That's an eye opener. I knew I couldn't quit on my own so I called my doc. He prescribed Zyban (little purple pill). The miracle pill in my book. Its an antidepressant that is proven to suppress the urge to smoke. I am not one for taking any kind of drugs. I get sick, I ride it out. But in this case I was willing to try anything. Sure as sh*t it worked. For the first two weeks your on it, smoke all you want. Then just pick a day after that and quit. Its just that easy. I little to no craving after that week period. Granted you stay on the pill for a min of a month, the craving never came back. I did stay away from places that I refer to as triggers to smoke, like bars and clubs. My attitude was top notch also, don't forget that zyban is also a anti depressant, so I was always in a good mood while quitting. The hardest thing I found was "what do I do with my hands while driving?" Lollipops and toothpicks and sometimes sunflower seeds helped. You might want to look into zyban, if your one of those that are not the best at cold turkey and you need a little help. Zyban has a web site also. www.zyban.com. Good luck to you Revlis, if you ever need words of encouragement or a kick in the ass just post away and I'm sure we will all help you out. Congrats again.

Great decision, Rev! It will take some getting used to, but you won't regret it!

Rev, you are the man! I quit about 3 years ago, nopatches, gum, anything. My stepdad quit using hypnosis and peppermints. Congratulations on a very wise decision!

rev, you had ME going too ya friggin bastage!!! hahahahaha good choice with the smoking thing. I KNOW you can do it.... you rude a Busa and busa people can do anything!
smile.gif

hey rev.. congrats.. I quit almost 2 years ago to the day..

no doubt.. it is a son of a bitch.. i mean a big old mean ass ugly bitch to quit...

but well worth it.. stay tough.

http://www.quitnet.com
go there and sign up... stay with the board there.. it helped me alot man.

it gives you somewhere to talk to other loser ass smokers who are trying to get their crap straightened out.

Back