I quit smoking and drinking

Everyone should quit smoking !! But thats just my opinion as I just got back from my Moms funeral last week . She died from lung cancer at the age of 65.

Congrates on what you are doing I know its hard done them both myself but you will find things to do .

One thing i notice about not drinking is i have more energy and i wake up earlier feeling more rested.
It is 6:30AM on a Sat and i am not sure what to do with myself, lol
:rofl: I quit smoking yesterday after i finished my pack off. I got a ulcer on my tongue and it scared me enough to quit. I dont know if i have the power to quit drinking till i get s%!t faced drunk every night. I envy you and i hope to wake up early and full of energy every morning also.:please:

I quit smoking when cigarettes went to $0.75 a pack at the 7-11, and I still miss the things.

You're doing the right things, brother. It sounds like you're discovering there was a whole life out there you were missing because of your bad habits. So get out there and live!

Congrats! Those are really tough things to do and my hat's off to you.

I quit smoking about a year before I got pregnant with our youngest who is almost 16. I did really well until about 8 years ago, now I get the craving when I'm stressed. I don't drink very often, but must stand up and admit that I'm a coffee addict. I'm so tolerant of caffeine that I can drink coffee in bed and not stay up.

My wife and I quit smoking about 6 years ago. It was easy for me since I was in the hospital and used the patch for a week. Unfortunately, I have some residual problems with being a long time smoker and I wish I had quit earlier. Congrats and good luck! Spend that extra $$$ wisely! :cheerleader:

Just remember how tough those first couple days were and how bad you wanted to quit anytime you get the urge.

I'm one of those people who has quit then started again then quit. I've gone years without then it just takes that one moment of weakness and it's all over.

I've done this with cigarettes as well as smokeless. I found it was harder to quit smokeless.

Congrats. Keep up the good work, it's tough but it's worth it. :beerchug:

Quiting while using is inconceivable and then it happens and you realize what you've been missing,life is so much better. Congratulations :thumbsup:

I'm a very addictive person, I choose never to smoke or drink, in my whole life never had a cigarette and only drink on my b-day and new years...I know if I started id never quit...because im no quitter...lol
well now you will get to live longer, better save some retirement $

In the last 3 days i only had one smoke. Its a lot better than smoking right under a pack a day. I dont even have the cravings like i used to. Yes only after 3 days. The tongue cancer thing has a lot to do with it also.:whistle:

Back