I need to quit smoking

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
Everytime I try to quit, I catch myself doing it again without even knowing that I am doing it. Any real tips on how to quit? I am on vacation one more week from work and it seems like a good time to do it. I honestly don't think I can just quit...kind of sad.

If you are really a quitter, go to the doctor. They have a new pill out to help you quit.

I'm with you there, brother. I'm a 2 pack a day smoker myself, and I'd really like to kick the habit. maybe if we get some more folks interested we could have a "smoking cessation support forum" or something.

I'm with you there, brother.  I'm a 2 pack a day smoker myself, and I'd really like to kick the habit.  maybe if we get some more folks interested we could have a "smoking cessation support forum" or something.
I smoke a pack a day at work, but half a pack on the weekends at home. Think of all the mods we could have if we didn't smoke.

If you are really a quitter, go to the doctor.  They have a new pill out to help you quit.
And a pill you need by the way.

tounge.gif

r8

True enough, I just got my prescription for Chantix. Its the newest rave for quit smoking. It targets the nicotine neuro-receptors, first week is smoke and 1 pill, then after than 2 pills no smoking. Not sure the cost of in civilian market, but I hear it is expensive.... Uncle Sam covered it for me. Subsidies with Wellbutrin )or another mild anit-depressant for those that start-up after months of non-smoking is also supposed to help. This is definitely on my agenda to accomplish this new year, but its not a resolution (most resolutions fail).

i hate to quit anything! lol

same boat, want to quit but with work and everything I would end up going nuts on someone. keeps me balanced between my caffiene addiction.

We are writting a good number of scripts for Chantix now...

There are a couple things to keep in mind however:

There is no magic bullet that will make you quit.... you MUST QUIT because you want to. If you do not decide that quitting is more important than failing, you will continue to smoke regardless of what is given to you.

Chatrix requires that you set a stop date (around 2 weeks after starting the drug) and then you must stick with the program. There is room for a few slip ups but if you expect the drug to do all the work, you are not going to make it...

Our success rate is running about 45% (less that 20% with other meds) currently with almost every success story actually finishing the program early. They decided they wanted to quit worse than they want to fail..

Will be more than happy to send discount coupons to you if you want to quit but your primary physician should have them already. (you need his script anyway)

Daily cost of medication is about the same as smoking itself..

For some getting on an exercise program which includes some type of aerobics, along with taking essential vitamins and nutrients works very well. Research and read a lot about maintaining good health and supporting and building up the immune system. " As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."
thumb_up.gif

DSCN0494__Small___2_.JPG

You have to REALLY want to quit is the first step.. The rest comes
easybutton.png

Smoked for 25 years now I live smoke free.. Do I still jones for a cigarette once in awhile yes, do I smoke no! Just look at the people that are standing outside in the cold for there habit.. look a little ridiculous, yes they do. After you give it up you will realize how bad you and others that still smoke smell nasty.. and I don't want that smell on me ever again.. ashtrays outside the business's that you frequent oh so smelly.. I could go on and on but I'll stop because, X smokers like me are the worst people there are on people that still smoke.. If I can quit anybody can.. You just have to want to..
To those that I offended, I'm sorry..

YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT.. if you don't you will fail everytime..

Smoke free for 15 months tomorrow..
beerchug.gif

Hey Doyle, reformed smokers are the worst critics... at least 25 years myself and quit 6 years ago...(cold turkey)

easybutton.png

Smoked for 25 years now I live smoke free.. Do I still jones for a cigarette once in awhile yes, do I smoke no! Just look at the people that are standing outside in the cold for there habit.. look a little ridiculous, yes they do. After you give it up you will realize how bad you and others that still smoke smell nasty.. and I don't want that smell on me ever again.. ashtrays outside the business's that you frequent oh so smelly.. I could go on and on but I'll stop because, X smokers like me are the worst people there are on people that still smoke.. If I can quit anybody can.. You just have to want to..

beerchug.gif
I am going to see how right you are. I just told the wife not to let me go out into the garage where I smoke.

You can do it.. Don't buy any either. If you don't have them you can't smoke them..

Oh I forgot the side effects.. For me there was only one and it came in the form of about 60lbs.. Now i'm in the lose alot of weight mode.. well tomorrow anyway..
laugh.gif

Good Luck brother you can do it..
ThumbsUp.gif

You can do it.. Don't buy any either. If you don't have them you can't smoke them..

Oh I forgot the side effects.. For me there was only one and it came in the form of about 60lbs.. Now i'm in the lose alot of weight mode.. well tomorrow anyway..  
laugh.gif

Good Luck brother you can do it..  
ThumbsUp.gif
good, I am trying to put some pounds on also. I can kill two birds with one stone....and not kill myself.
ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

easybutton.png

beerchug.gif
I'm offended Doyle
laugh.gif

I've been smoke free for 15 minutes.
whistling.gif

easybutton.png

beerchug.gif
I'm offended Doyle
laugh.gif

I've been smoke free for 15 minutes.
whistling.gif
jump9.gif

I was able to quit drinking with no problems at all. I even quit smoking for 8 weeks once. For some stupid reason I started again. I have tried to quit 2 times since and no luck. I guess deep down I didn't really want to. I am goin to quit again this summer. There is alot more to keep myself busy and not think about it. Like take the busa for a ride.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Good luck to everyone that decides to quit.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back