Trying to quit................

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys, I am 41 years old and have been smoking pretty much for 25 years. I am heading into my 6th hour of not smoking. Have the gum and lozenges as well as celery, carrots and pickles. Wish me luck.

Don

You have been smoking more years than I have been alive :laugh:

And i dont smoke :tongue:

Good luck! I wish you the best! :thumbsup:

You can do it!

Congrats on your decision to quit, it is a big step. Just surround yourself with positive supportive folks (who don't smoke!!).

Keep us posted.....

Dont give in, no mercy, hardcore, the payoff is wonderful!!!!:cheerleader:

just don't get off your bike. it is hard to smoke with a full face helmet on.
:whistle: hard, but can be done. :laugh:

good luck.

Good luck! You might think about getting a pack of twizzlers. I found that after the nicotine was out of my system I wanted the feeling of inhaling rather than just having a sucker or something of the sort. You can do it and let us know how you progress!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck... And from someone who sees the effects everyday, Your body will thank you!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

You can do it. My father and father-in-law quit cold turkey 26 years ago when Robert Andrew was born. Never heard either one of them talk about it. Best of luck sir.

Good luck Bro. I quit March 12th. It's the toughest thing I've ever done. I smoked since i was 13. I'm 35 now. You can do it. just remember no matter how tough things get, smoking is NOT going to make anything better.

good luck man like my brother said smoking will not make it better! i have quit for 5 months now and it was the best thing i have ever done! keep up the good work!

You will get all the support in the world from this group, Don. Every day will be tough, but after a few you will start to see the positive results and not want to go back. You can read GIXERHP's (John's) thread about quitting to give you a little inspiration. Good luck!:thumbsup:

I used chantix to stop smoking and never wanted to pick up another one. Its not for everyone, could make you have bad nightmares
It worked great for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can do anything you put your mind to.

I wish you success.

I never took to smoking cigarettes but took in second hand smoke until I was 26. I hear it is hard to quit...but my Dad quit January 2010 and he smoked all his life...he is 66 now. Cold turkey is the only way.

If you slip and smoke one...dont be hard on yourself...just start the quiting process over...never give up.

Back