[from Bike Magazine June 1999]

"Because I'm smaller than Martin I can get tucked in more, but even
so every one was stunned when the Hayabusa howled through the lights
at 198.7 mph. Now it was obvious we couldn't go home until we'd had
a bloody good crack at the 200mph barrier. The next run was slower. With
any kind of crosswind at Bruntingthorpe, the trick is to stay out of
the middle of the runway until about a quarter of a mile from
the lights, then let the crosswind blow you across towards the edge,
where the lights are, so you're going with it instead of fighting it.
On that run I let the wind take me too early and ended up heading
for the adjoining field at 'only' 196.6 mph. But the next run felt fast.
As I came over the slight crest and let the wind take me I was
introduced to a new bizarre experience - nothing that the speedo was
indicating 200 mph, and then changing up to top gear I did'nt even
see the timing lights, but went past where I knew they must be
at just over 215mph,[indicated] and just nudging the red line. Sitting up
into the airstream at that speed was like being punched in the
chest, but the enormously powerful brakes hauled the Hayabusa down
to a more civilized speed with no drama beyond the occasional
chirp from the Bruntinginthorpe's bumpy surface. As we rolled
back up to the lights I knew by the way everyone was jumping
up and down that we'd done it, and the display showed the
proof but the fact remains that after a couple of attempts,
a STOCK production bike that costs £8000 has done 200 mph.
No raised gearing , no folded mirrors, no special fuel, no special
equipment . Amazing!"

Lot's of things can affect your top speed and your height is one of them. Weight, side or head wind, your riding gear ballooning or pulling off your back, tire wear, seat instead of hump and your tuck just to name a few. Nice speed though, 188 kicks butt!
smile.gif

I still dont get why he didn't let redline go to the actual redline of the bike...11k rpms instead of 10,800. I guess a measure of safety??
rock.gif
Dunno, if it was me I'd have made it rev limit @ 11k rpms where the true redline is.

I still dont get why he didn't let redline go to the actual redline of the bike...11k rpms instead of 10,800. I guess a measure of safety??
rock.gif
Dunno, if it was me I'd have made it rev limit @ 11k rpms where the true redline is.
11,000 on the tach is a true actual 10,800rpm

Has anyone gotten thier ECU redone and ran thier bikes ? I think that Ninja eater does that.

Has anyone gotten thier ECU redone and ran thier bikes ? I think that Ninja eater does that.

rock.gif
11,000 on the tach is a true actual 10,800rpm
when does this start? and is the actual redline for the busa 11k or 10,800...if so then why not make the redline on the tach 11,200 so in actuality it will be 11k
smile.gif

i did 310km with a tre installed and a speedohealer,so how accurate is that speedohealer??(i have 340km face plates installed by the way)

I usually top mine out everyday on the way to work.... Does 180 on the speedo--- or pegged on the speedo really mean 180+
rock.gif

Nice job on the 188mph... But with those mods and a 15mph tailwind... you should have gone WAY faster...

When I was 225 lbs (6'2") I took my ZX12R to 195mph on my Garmin Etrex GPS. Only mods were Akrapovic pipe, pc3, 44 rear, mirrors removed, remap. My buddy rode it 10 min earlier and he got 199mph on GPS with my bike (he's 150 pounds).... then he also did 199mph on gps with HIS zx12r which was modified identical to mine.

You should at least be able to hit 193mph with your size and mods... throw it on a dyno and see where your A/F ratio is at. You want your A/F at around 12.9:1 up top.... I'm willing to bet that if you get it tuned correctly.... you'll break 190mph with EASE!!!

Good luck brother!

BMC race filter, a GOOD Full exhaust (arata/akrapovic), 39 rear sprocket, properly degree'd Yosh cams, double bubble, pc3usb, remap, 2 miles and a small rider and you can hit 200mph on GPS on a good day for sure.

Most of it has to do with the TUNING of the combo.. not so much the parts or the rider.

Some good cam #'s and a kick ass fine tuned map can yeild 2-4mph more than a so-so map and "ok" cam #'s.

Back