All She's Got????!!!!

swimmer7946

Registered
OKay kids here's my set-up. Yosh full system PC3 with the yosh map, 16/42 gearing, front end lowered 1 inch, small airbox mod.

I have a speedo healer that I calibrated using a GPS at 100mph so the speedos pretty much on, and BTW i love the top speed recall button.

So I go out to an undisclosed location to open it up. Clear sunny day, about 65 degrees. I get it up to about 170(indicated) in fifth gear, then I chicken out. A bit later I grow a set and go for it. I'm at 170(indicated) and click into 6th...and that's it..she won't pull no more. You think I'm hitting the speed limiter even with the HEALER? I have a TRE in the tool box. Could this be the way?

You lose top speed with that gearing. 15-20 loss sounds about right to me. Sounds like all you gonna get.
It was a nice day. I spent it at work. :mad2:

Use this slick .

You'll need gearing, rear tire circumference and redline. Then click Calculate.

It will let you know.

Just looked up speedohealer. Disregard everything above here. Speedohealer takes the 186 MPH restriction off Kawasakis, as they look at MPH, but not Busa's, which look solely at gear and RPM. Stick the TRE in and report back. My guess is you'll get 180 before redline neuters your progress. Time for different gearing, if you prefer to play with top speed as your preferred buzz, versus leaving the gearing you have for a great acceleration buzz at the drag strip.

Your setup will get you at max 168mph (actual) and most likely a little less depending on conditions.

I'm happy with the gearing...I love pulling away, and I do mean PULL! away from these liter bikes at 100+ MPH I'll try my tre out and see what happens. What about getting an extended rev ECU. I'm told the 99 busa reved to a little above 11k and everything after hits the ceiling at 10800, and sixth gear tops out at something like 10200 ;(

I just like playing with it!

I think you are missing the point. You do not even need the TRE with your gearing. You can not approach the restricked mark. You shoul also not need the TRE for tunning. Your present gearing will certainly give you great pull and all around fun, it will just not give you high top end.

OKay kids here's my set-up. Yosh full system PC3 with the yosh map, 16/42 gearing, front end lowered 1 inch, small airbox mod.

I have a speedo healer that I calibrated using a GPS at 100mph so the speedos pretty much on, and BTW i love the top speed recall button.

So I go out to an undisclosed location to open it up. Clear sunny day, about 65 degrees. I get it up to about 170(indicated) in fifth gear, then I chicken out. A bit later I grow a set and go for it. I'm at 170(indicated) and click into 6th...and that's it..she won't pull no more. You think I'm hitting the speed limiter even with the HEALER? I have a TRE in the tool box. Could this be the way?

10,200 in sixth is all she'll do :beerchug:

You do not even need the TRE with your gearing.

Obviously with 10000 posts you have much knowledge. :bowdown: Educate me.

I thought Busa's just looked at gear and RPM, in which case a TRE would be needed to go above 10,200. The amount of teeth on the gears or the MPH on the speedo didn't matter.

I've heard Kawasaki's look at the speedo alone, and a Speedohealer that keeps the MPH under 186 is all that is needed.

10,000 post i doubt give me the knowledge but having a Busa from stock, to NOS to Turbo, and Turbo built with 350hp should. I have tried most gearing combination in one time or another. My point is the TRE would be a waste because you would be hittting the limit and with the TRE at higher RPMs would not get you much more, you will just be out of gear. You could reflash your ECM and get a little more about 11,000RPM. That along with the TRE would get you to about 168-170mph with the gearing.

Yup, A bigger front for hi-end, a bigger rear for early pull. 2 different set ups for 2 different results. The TRE just fools the computer to think the bike is in 5th gear. It is the richest fuel air mixture gear. A PC III, up a tooth in the front and a diet for the bike will get you top end. You need room and more HP to get to 200. I agree that with the gearing you have you are topped out.
I did the up one in front and PC II adjustment to tame my beast and to improve mileage. I was pleasantly pleased with the top end rush after the simple changes. I do have other power adders and my ride has been put on a 30 pound diet.

I have 17/43 gearing, no Speedohealer and with the TRE off it topped out at 185-186 "indicated", with the TRE on it topped at 192-193 "indicated". Just saying that for whatever reason I got another 6-7 mph indicated with it on. Not sure if it's because the bike registers being in 5th when it's actually in 6th.

You are waisting your time going off the speedo. Buy a GPS and find out the TRUE speed the bike is pulling.... :beerchug:

I think you are missing the point. You do not even need the TRE with your gearing. You can not approach the restricked mark. You shoul also not need the TRE for tunning. Your present gearing will certainly give you great pull and all around fun, it will just not give you high top end.
you could go for the "windowed" block look... :rofl: might be a mph or two before airing her out huh? :whistle:

Thats exactly your problem. The bike will quit revving in 6th gear at about 10,500 indicated (busa tachs read 3-400 rpms high) no matter what your gearing is. The restriction is rpm based, not speedo based (unlike kawi's lol). You need a tre to get the rest of your rpm's. The busa hits the limiter around 11,300 or so on the tach. I have the same set-up as you gearing and all, and with a tre I do a gps/speedohealer corrected 180 no prob without hitting the 11300rpm limiter.....but close. I haven't taken it to the limiter yet to see what she'll do with this gearing though (probably not much more). With the stock top gear restriction in place 170 is all you're going to get :laugh:
TRE time!!

Last edited:
my 08 has atre, full tiforce exhaust, +1 in the rear, pcIII, speedo healer...I honestly haven't had the chance to open her up yet....the ticket fines are a factor...as well as the area i live.....any input?

I think he meant 193hp on the dyno, not the speed. I don't think he'll even see that speed adding a tooth to the rear. I'd be surprised if it pulled 190mph actual. Get a GPS and take her out is the only way to know... ;)

Back