Speedo Healer

(manatrader @ Feb. 03 2007,15:10) I have mine dead on now, but my mileage is off, nothing you can do about that.
I dont understand if the spedo is off then the odometer should be off? Do they run off of the same speed sensor? If you show a corrected speed with the spedo healer shouldnt the odometer be corrected as well? I just understand why fixing one fugs up the other!

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 03 2007,14:22)
(manatrader @ Feb. 03 2007,15:10) I have mine dead on now, but my mileage is off, nothing you can do about that.
I dont understand if the spedo is off then the odometer should be off? Do they run off of the same speed sensor? If you show a corrected speed with the spedo healer shouldnt the odometer be corrected as well? I just understand why fixing one fugs up the other!
I think he is saying it is off because of all the miles he rode without a speedo healer.

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 03 2007,12:22)
I spoke with one of the techs at speedohealer about this the unit takes the signal and only corrects the speed not the OD. Good thing is now I'm putting 7% fewer miles on my bike than the rest of you.

(manatrader @ Feb. 03 2007,15:29)
(05BusaLe @ Feb. 03 2007,12:22)
I spoke with one of the techs at speedohealer about this the unit takes the signal and only corrects the speed not the OD. Good thing is now I'm putting 7% fewer miles on my bike than the rest of you.
Where does the spedo healer connect to the bike wiring inside the gauges? or at the speed sensor in the front sprocket cover? Did zuki build these with may be the wrong resistor or something inside the cluster that would make the spedo inaccurate yet allow the odometer to function properly?

(manatrader @ Feb. 03 2007,12:15)
(Copperone @ Feb. 02 2007,19:39) +1 on one of the best add ons/mod you can do. I feel a lot better about my speed now. Using a GPS will get you absolutely dead on, but I don't have a GPS. Anyhow they are very accurate.
You got to know someone that has a GPS, I agree a good mod to do since knowing what your speed is important when passing that tax collector parked on the side of the road.
WTF, you get taxed for breaking da law.
laugh.gif

I believe the speedohealer has a seperate indicator from the factory gauges. I don't know if it indicates anything besides speed. Good question though. Given the 7% error in the factory setup. Is there an error in the odometer, etc. ?
rock.gif

From the factory my odometer was correct and the speedometer was off about 7.2%. The signal for both come from the same sensor. Here is line right off there web page.

Will the SH calibrate both my speedo and odometer?
Yes, but it is not possible to calibrate them separately, as one speed signal drives both the speedometer and the odometer.
You can get 100% accurate speedometer AND 100% accurate odometer only on those bikes, which have zero "speedo-to-odo" error ratio (see FAQ #16) built-in, such as the Yamaha FJR1300.
On most bikes, if the speedo is calibrated to be 100% accurate, the odo will register slightly less miles. While this can be annoying in certain situations, one can always calculate the real distance easily after a long trip.
Alternatively, of course, you can get the factory default indication regardless of the used sprocket ratio: accurate odometer and slightly optimistic speedo.
With our on-line calculator, you can optimize the calibration value easily for either speedo or odo.

FYI, I set mine at -7.5%.   Checked it with a GPS not long after.

30mph nearly right on
70 mph dead on
160 indicated, 157 actual.

Fantastic product tho...great mod, easy install.

So me stinks I will pull my gauges apart again and see if I can just correct the signal going to the spedometer and not the odometer. Call me anal but I think everything should be dead on!

Back