SPEEDO HEALER

BOKMAN

Registered
I'm looking at buying a speedo healer for my 2000 busa (has original 220mph speedo). I dropped one tooth on the countershaft sprocket. My memory is bad, does that make it 16/40 gearing? Any of you guys have experience with this combo for setting up a speedo healer? What % works best? Thanks in advance for your replies!

The way i zero'd mine is was jump on the HW and ride next to my friend in his car,him doing 50mph and me rideing along side,did some simple math,dialed it in at 19% and it was right on...

DEVLDOG has it right, you can't just input the same percentage for the same gearing. You will have to play with the numbers to get it to work correctly. I rode with a GPS to see actual vs. indicated and made the adjustments from there. The calculator on the SH site will get you close though.

If you have a stock rear sprocket and a 16 front, use a calibration of -12.4. I got that value by comparing GPS speed to the indicated speed on the speedo then plugging those values into the Speedo Healer magic formula.

thumb_up.gif

I returned to stock gearing - my new calibration is -7.5 based on GPS(120km/h)/Speedo(127km/h) comparison formula, for anyone who needs it.

Back