speedo healer ????

dewie

Registered
So I took my girl out yesterday to test out the speedo healer. I have a 16t sprocket in the front and stock rear. The website said -10.8% adjustment. I took a hand held GPS with me to test it. I was out probable another 1% or so according to the GPS..

What are your guys % with same set up?? do I trust the GPS? I want the speedo deadly accurate.

When I set mine up it gave me two choices. A really accurate speedo or a really accurate odometer. I choose the speedo. I tested 60 mph with the GPS and my bike said 60 mph right on the nose.

Last edited:
How did you test it to within 1%? Just curious. That's only 6/10's of one MPH at 60 mph?

Keep in mind, your tire's air pressure and tire wear plays a big part in speedo accuracy.

I set mine dead on the GPS setting with a new rear tire and corrected tire pressure. Now when the tire wears out the speedo will be off alittle in the slightly to fast direction. A 1mph or 2. I am 18/46 (43+3 ) in the rear with a 190/55r17. The site said run -8.7 which put me 2 mph slower then my GPS. Then I went to -11.1 and it was dead on after using the GPS to show the difference in actual mileage and indicated.

I am running the same set up as you are 16/40 and I got the same numbers from their site as well. I had the bike on the dyno and the numbers were only good in the 50-70 MPH range so I sent out an email to Speedohealer and they told me with my set up to use a -13.5. So I put the new number in the healer and got much better results.

thanks fellers, the tire probable has 60% left.. I took my car out and check the GPS and it was pretty close.. I'll bump mine up to 12.9 and 13.5 and see what one seems better for me.. Thanks!!!

how much can the tire affect the speedo?

I had a speedohealer installed, and it seemed accurate, until I bought a GPS and realized that the speedo is reading 10kmph too high when travelling 100-140 kmph.

The tire was new when the 'healer was installed, and not I might have 30-40% tread left.

I also run 38psi in the back on a 190 tire.

Back