220mph gauges

gsx1300Rrr

Registered
I have always loved the look of the 220mph speedo. My question is if I bought aftermarket gauge faces that went up to 220mph and a speedo healer at the same time, is that enough to make the speedometer accurate if I used a gps? Its only about $180 this way, verse paying $600 for a new cluster. Any help would be awesome. thanks

Yep - lots of folks do that. Use the GPS and/or highway mile-markers. You'll get the speedo accurate, but the odometer will be a little off. It's a trade-off. But it will work.

I used to have 220mph faces on mine, IIRC, it slows it down; the odometer will read less than actual.

Aah I notice you said "used to" any reason imparticular you got rid of it? I guess its better to show less then more, just do the oil change every 2700 instead of 3000 i guess, lol.

I made my own gauge faces. Printed them on thick, glossy paper. Looked great during the day, but sucked at night; since the paper was so thick, I couldn't see the light thru them.

I ended up going with Bluegauges.com. I could have gone with 220 faces with them, but opted for the 185. Anyway, no regrets, I love the bluegauges!

I have always loved the look of the 220mph speedo. My question is if I bought aftermarket gauge faces that went up to 220mph and a speedo healer at the same time, is that enough to make the speedometer accurate if I used a gps? Its only about $180 this way, verse paying $600 for a new cluster. Any help would be awesome. thanks
I have seen 1999-2000 220 mph gauges go for as little as $80.00 in earlier years and more recently as low as $120.00 for mid mile (40K+/-)220 clusters.

They are plug~n~play with all years up to Gen II.

Also, Bluegauges.com will ""CORRECT"" and lower REPLACEMENT gauges with the verifiable lower miles of previous or damaged gauges.

Does anyone know where I can get a set of '99 or '00 Hayabusa gauges? Or can I replace the faces on my 2002 busa with a set of 220 mph faces? If so, where can I find a set?

I got the 220 face plates from Scott at bluegauges.com an got a yellow box to correct the mileage but i haven't put the yellow box on yet it's been almost a year since I have been using the force to figure out my speed :laugh:

Wouldn't 220 gauges be still accurate (aside from being 7-10% optimistic)? IIRC, they measure pulses from the ECU or something like that, so if the ECU sends pulses which correspond to let's say 100 mph, both 186 and 220 gaugues will show the same speed of 100 mph.

I have 220 gauges on the 07, I have a Speedo Tuner and I use my TomTom gps. I used the gps to set the speedometer and it is pretty accurate!

Wouldn't 220 gauges be still accurate (aside from being 7-10% optimistic)? IIRC, they measure pulses from the ECU or something like that, so if the ECU sends pulses which correspond to let's say 100 mph, both 186 and 220 gaugues will show the same speed of 100 mph.

Hmm....i always thought they used the number of rotations of the wheel to determine speed.

Back