Speed/Speedo wheelie difference with 43T rear sprocket

stepaukob

Registered
Can anyone tell me the difference in speed vs speedo for a rear 43T sprocket. I plan to change my rear sprocket but am not planning on a speedo healer, at least not for now.

I'm most concerned with 35MPH 45MPH 55MPH and 65MPH.

Also, what will the changes be for getting the front end up in first gear? I know for me 1st gear was best between 3k-4k, I can only imagine that it will come up at a lower RPM.

Also, how about second gear? Will it come up easy? What speed/RPM works best? I hope to get the front up with ease at highway speeds. Thanks for any input

Not at home, someone posted a good gear calculator the other day. As far as wheelies this bike gets up in 1st and 2nd to easy from the factory. IMHO it's not real good on this bike, you'll blow the seals on the forks and ding the front fender big time.

Do a search on gear commander from memory...

a 43 tooth rear will change your speedo reading by roughly 7%. so when you're showing 65, you'll only be doing around 58 or 59. Keep in mind that the stock speedo is off by a bit already so the actual diference between what you're showing and what you're actually doing will be much larger than that. And the error will be larger the faster you go. Personally, I would recommend getting the speedohealer BEFORE doing kind of gearing changes as every day you ride without it, you're going to be putting extra miles on your bike that arent really being traveled(not good for resale value later down the road). I mean, c'mon...you can get one for under $100 shipped on ebay. :thumbsup:

I personally love the 43t. My Zumo doesn't care what gearing exists, it uses satellites! And no doubt, it sucks running the odometer up so inaccurately fast...mine is about 14% optimistic.
Yes, the bike wheelies like a literbike but don't forget, it gets really slow on the big end...like only 175 or so...can barely keep up with traffic. Raydog

mine is like 14% off as Raydog stated.. 65 indicated is more like 55.. sure chits and gits in first gear..

Back