Speedo Healer

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
Old topic, but I installed a speed healer yesterday. Based on the estimated speed correction I set mine at -10%. It got me within a couple of tenths of being right on. My wife paced me in her car, and we matched. Really glad I installed it. Now I feel pretty comfortable about riding at the indicated speed. For anyone who hasen't installed a speedo healer, its a very easy and worth while install.

Good to hear Danny. I need to get one myself, especially with the new 43t rear
smile.gif

I have one myself and my mechanic let me "play" with it on the dyno to set the correct speed.

Cool,i just changed mine to a 16 tooth and new chain last week.Also put a new tire on friday i know there is a calculation for the tire but,dose it change with tire wear do you need to keep adjusting the speedo healer with tire wear? Sorry for the stupid question.

(Jester0769 @ Jan. 22 2007,10:41) I got um on sale right now!!!
I couldn't find it on your website. Send me some info or post up the pricing............

When using the online correction calculator on speedohealer.com, what did you use for the busa's stock speedo error?

Seems like I read 8% but I can't exactly recall.

When riding at 100 mph, I estimated I was 10 MPH off. So I input bike speed at 100 and actual speed at 90. Came to -10 percent. I am very close to being dead on.

(Copperone @ Jan. 22 2007,19:flamethrowing:) When riding at 100 mph, I estimated I was 10 MPH off.  So I input bike speed at 100 and actual speed at 90.  Came to -10 percent.   I am very close to being dead on.
Thanks for the input Copperone. I'm going to reset mine to that this weekend.

I have one on my bike and love it. With the extended button thingy for top speed recall. Works great and easy to install!!!

(extreemachine @ Feb. 02 2007,14:12) I have one on my bike and love it. With the extended button thingy for top speed recall.  Works great and easy to install!!!
+1

This is one of the best add-ons anyone can do... even with stock gearing the speedo is off.

+1 on one of the best add ons/mod you can do. I feel a lot better about my speed now. Using a GPS will get you absolutely dead on, but I don't have a GPS. Anyhow they are very accurate.

(Copperone @ Jan. 21 2007,18:28) Old topic, but I installed a speed healer yesterday.  Based on the estimated speed correction I set mine  at  -10%.   It got me within a couple of tenths of being right on.   My wife paced me in her car, and we matched.   Really glad I installed it.  Now I feel pretty comfortable about riding at the indicated speed.   For anyone who hasen't installed a speedo healer, its a very easy and worth while install.
The car could be off too, so go find a place you can travel a couple of miles without hitting your brakes and take a GPS with you and compare. The newer GPS take many samples very second and they are much more accurate than those of the past. This will give you your needed correction, go to speed-o-healers web site and get the setting you will need to do.

I have mine dead on now, but my mileage is off, nothing you can do about that.

The guys at spead0healer are very helpful too if you run into problems.

(Copperone @ Feb. 02 2007,19:39) +1 on one of the best add ons/mod you can do.  I feel a lot better about my speed now.  Using a GPS will get you absolutely dead on, but I don't have a GPS.  Anyhow they are very accurate.
You got to know someone that has a GPS, I agree a good mod to do since knowing what your speed is important when passing that tax collector parked on the side of the road.

Back