99 220 mph speed to 185 mph speedo question.

I have a 99 and installed a 185 speedo because I didnt have any gauges. I thought I read where guys had to use a "speedo healer" to make the speedo work properly. Am I looking at the same situation ?

Thanks
Todd

Either type of instrument cluster is interchangable with your bike....speedohealer, works with both for more accurate reading of speed.

The hayabusa is notorious for inaccurate readings. A speedo healer is a must regardless of the 220 or 185mph speedometer if you want close to an accurate reading.

Healtech speedo healer V4 is probably the best 1 out to get. Retails for about $120 give or take and most online stores offer free shipping on orders over $100. Definitley buy it brand new cause they are real fickle and any water or moisture could damage it and you don't wanna pay 1/2 the cost of a new 1 for a broke healer. Take it from me I know 1st hand

Also check out SpeedoDRD at about half the price of the SpeedoHealer. it doesn't have the numeric readout like the SpeedoHealer, just flashing LEDs. But since you bascally set it and leave it unless you change your gearing, do you really need the numeric readout? Had I known about the SpeedoDRD before I bought the SpeedoHealer, I think I would have gone the less expensive route.

Of course, a Garmin Zumo has a complete motorcycle dashboard display and is dead accurate....I don't even look at the OEM panel anymore!

mt lassen ride 6-19-07008.JPG

IMG_0009 (2).jpg

Back