UPDATE: 152 mph Speeding Ticket Dismissed!!!

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
This is a follow up to my prior thread regarding my 152 mph speeding ticket here in Florida (see below).

"Nabbed by a FL Trooper"
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/101475-nabbed-fl-trooper.html

Now I didn't get off scott free, as it was a plea bargain with the Trooper prior to the court hearing based on two conditions:

Condition 1 - Sell the motorcycle and provide proof of sale. I already had the bike for sale when I originally got the ticket, I just had to make sure and have it sold before the court date.

Condition 2 - Voluntarily remove the motorcycle endorsement from my license. Since I don't have a bike I don't need it right now anyway and in the future I was informed by DMV I can simply have it added back on for $25, no testing required. Endorsement is now a full MSF type course and costs over $300.

So, I kept my license, lost no points and paid no $1,000+ fines. The point the Trooper truly wanted to make, as they all should, is that I learned the consequences from my actions. The judge (the hanging judge of traffic court from my understanding) was dumbfounded that the Trooper agreed to dismiss the ticket and asked him more than once if he was sure he wanted to do this (a scary moment, but it was pissing me off at the same time). Any future bike will be more track oriented (so I can take that **** to the track) but armed to the teeth in radar detection nonetheless.

In short, my lawyer, Mark Steinberg (352)222-8533, did a great job and for those in the Central FL region I highly recommend him for counties outside of Hillsborough (Tampa) and Pinellas (St. Pete/Clearwater) such as Pasco, Hernando, Citrus, Sumter, Lake, Marion, Polk, etc.

Fortunately, I have a friend with multiple bikes (one being an 08' orange/black Busa w/ 1,200 miles, so when he wants to go out for a ride I can drive the cage to his house and ride the Busa. Just need to get my endorsement back but want to give it some time. Not sure how much checking up the Trooper may do, although the case is closed.

Glad you got off! Getting a lawyer in many cases is the best thing, I hired one here in San Diego for my last 95 MPH ticket and got it dismissed. Good job. :bowdown:

We've all been there. Make sure you still have the "right" to reinstate your M/c endorsement. Wardie

It's over so you can move on with things. Glad it worked out pretty easily for you.

glad it work out for you!....but no more riding? and for how long?

Well I rode my friend's 08' Busa (he has two bikes) last Sat/Sun. Just need to go get my endorsement put back on before doing so again.

Just need to get my endorsement back but want to give it some time. Not sure how much checking up the Trooper may do, although the case is closed.

This case is over and can not be revisited ( double jeopardy ) Anyway I doubt he'll waste his time doing it and at worst he would just be looking for you and since you're barrowing a bike :dunno:

This case is over and can not be revisited ( double jeopardy ) Anyway I doubt he'll waste his time doing it and at worst he would just be looking for you and since you're barrowing a bike :dunno:

i agree unless you go 150 again and get caught!!:laugh:

Amazing tale. Glad you are not out the cash...and didn't end up in jail!

:beerchug:

Well, if i get caught goin152 I probly won't fight it because Ima be cryin. Maybe they'll have mercy on a cryin man. Glad you got off and good for you you were trying to sell your bike anyway. Start over and be carefull not to get caught.

Send your lawyer a bottle of good wine--he did a great job.

Whatever you do, don't post your experience over at the SBN (Sportbike Net). Some of those crybabies will post all kinds of messages about how you should have taken your medicine, gone to jail, etc.

They just got all spun up because some young rider easily outran a cop in a no-traffic situation. He kept his head and just rode away.

Back