220 mph speedometer gauge

john_wahidi

Registered
i like the 08 09 hayabusas new look to the dashboard, so can you keep the dashboard and somehow change the 0 - 180mph to 0 - 220mph face plate and get a yellow box to fix it or do you have to have the whole 0 - 220 gauge? THANX!

I went the BlueGauges option on my '01. I sent them my dash unit and they changed it for me. I also went with a speedohealer rather than a yellow box but it can certainly be done. Keep in mind, the swing of the arm on the speedometer cannot be changed (due to the gearing of the speedo) so the speedohealer/yellowbox can only compensate for so much. For example, I had mine dyno-tuned when all was done and it's pretty much dead on until 80mph and then it begins to be overstated after that the faster it goes.

Suzuki Illumiglo Faceplates

:welcome: to the org btw!

P.S. - I love my new gauges. I figure if I'm going over 80 then I'd be getting a ticket anyway so worrying about exactly what my speed was isn't overly important.

I went the BlueGauges option on my '01. I sent them my dash unit and they changed it for me. I also went with a speedohealer rather than a yellow box but it can certainly be done. Keep in mind, the swing of the arm on the speedometer cannot be changed (due to the gearing of the speedo) so the speedohealer/yellowbox can only compensate for so much. For example, I had mine dyno-tuned when all was done and it's pretty much dead on until 80mph and then it begins to be overstated after that the faster it goes.

Suzuki Illumiglo Faceplates

how much did it cost you?

Well, I combined it with some other mods (to justify the dyno fee) but it was approx the following.

Gauges - $85
Speedhealer - $100
Dyno - $150

Wasn't there a thread a little while ago about 220mph face plates for the 08? I remember something about trying to start a group buy because the cost would be preventive otherwise.

Wasn't there a thread a little while ago about 220mph face plates for the 08? I remember something about trying to start a group buy because the cost would be preventive otherwise.

Yeah, I think you're right. Without enough committed orders I don't think they were willing to make them for the Gen2.

How long has it been since the group buy thread? Maybe there are enough Gen II's in here to make it work now?

YEP, I talked to scott, and he said he would have to have 30 confirmed orders in order to special order 50 and make the 220mph gauges for the 08. I think we had about 27ish left last time I checked in order to get group buy. But he still didnt have a price because he needed the confirmed orders.

Here is link: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...h-clock-faces-k8-post1861429.html#post1861429

Last edited:
Smart use of the Speedohealer.

The box is capable of an adjustment of +/- swing of 99 mph either way. So maybe the 300 wouldn't be so hard to reach after all. :whistle: :laugh:

Back