Will 220 mph indiglo gauges work on 185 speedo

flashbowski

Registered
I bought a set of indiglo guages for my 01 busa and the company sent me 99-00 220 mph guages. Will these work with a 185 speedo it looks the same just keeps going at the end.

You can replace the entire gauge cluster to get hte true 220 speedos and still have hte odometer accurate...
smile.gif

You can if you don't mind the speedo being inaccurate, then you could buy a yellow box or a speedo healer.

If you replace the entire cluster, your milage will no longer be accurate.

yeah you can do it, just gotta get a way to adjust your speedo.... the weird thing is I just rode it for the first time with the new gauges....seems they arent off *that* much
rock.gif
I was pacing traffic in a 45, was registering ~55-60 on the new gauges.... which if you factor in the "stock +/- 7%" off... really isnt too bad.

I have the sportvue hud system I just installed as well, so probably will be picking up a speedo healer in the future to just validate that the sportvue is accurate
cool.gif

i have a 2004 busa and bought the 220 guages. off alot without a speedohealer. but, you can just ride without an acurate speedo i guess, but what's the point? I don't know how the guages could be acurate after replacing them "cloud9". if you take a marker and markout 185 and put 220 in its place, when you are going 185 your guage would read 220.

Back