Pegged stock 09

Well after getting used to my new 09 model busa I decided to go ahead and hit the max speed on it. (of course this was on a closed race course)
I ran up to 90 clicked her up into 6th gear and just rolled it on. Once 130 she really began to pull hard I tucked into the paint and helmet on the tank
Didnt seem long till the shiftlight set for 10.5K started to flash.
I have the Speedo DRD and calibrated with GPS. I also had my GPS in my pocket. I pulled over hit the button on Speedo DRD and she swept to the max, pulled the GPS out and it also read 188MPH, I didnt feel a high side limiter kick in? What is the max speed on the 09's is it by RPM or MPH in the ecu?

:cheerleader::thumbsup::cheerleader:

rvwswj.jpg
[/IMG]

I didnt think so either its right on with what the magazines say.
Thats about to change next week with an Akprovic 4-2-1 carbon exhaust and
an air filter change.
Now if I can find someone here in TN that knows how to tune a GenII with an ECU editor and a good dyno with air forced into the scoops to the mph of the rear wheel I will be set for hopefully 200

I didnt think so either its right on with what the magazines say.
Thats about to change next week with an Akprovic 4-2-1 carbon exhaust and
an air filter change.
Now if I can find someone here in TN that knows how to tune a GenII with an ECU editor and a good dyno with air forced into the scoops to the mph of the rear wheel I will be set for hopefully 200

a good tuner doesn't force anything :banghead:

Nice. Enjoy it a few times and then please slow down :)

You'll need to change the sprockets to get it to go 200.

a good tuner doesn't force anything :banghead:

Hi Johny
I wished I lived closer to TX Ive read many good things about your tuning ability.
I was under the impression that air should be flowing into the air ram ducts as the speed increases on the dyno to get a proper AF ratio?
Example: On dyno roll on 70MPH = wind speed should be around 70MPH from fans, and the fans air speed should increase with the wheel mph just as it would in real world?
Any advice from you, would be greatly appreciated in what I should ask the tuner, and what type of equipment he will use while tuning the Hayabusa, dyno with a break etc.
Thanks for any advice I live in Nashville, TN.

Donn

No the tuner will most likely just have a large blower or fan close to the bike/radiator to keep it cool whilst he does the tune. It would make sense to have something that plugged into or onto the ram air ducts with varying wind speeds to tune it but I've never seen a system or setup like that.

No the tuner will most likely just have a large blower or fan close to the bike/radiator to keep it cool whilst he does the tune. It would make sense to have something that plugged into or onto the ram air ducts with varying wind speeds to tune it but I've never seen a system or setup like that.

Thats what I am saying how can you get a true accurate AF ratio on a dyno when the air pressure is different. On a dyno they just have a fan for cooling purposes. I would like to think they have some sort of thing that goes in towards the ram air scoops and air speed is MPH is accurate with the tire speed in MPH to get a true tune. This seems kinda half ass tuning to me. It would be different if it was a bike that didnt have ram air scoops.

To my knowledge a system as we both think should be does not exist.
Yes it seems there should some sort of funnel or things that would connect onto ram air tubes and also be connected to dyno/computer that would give you accurate air flow at a said speed but I've never seen or heard of one. Seems Dynojet missed the boat on that one. They have not updated their systems since ram air bikes came out?

Back