Speed correction

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
SpeedoDRD DRD-S1 SPEEDOMETE R / SPEEDO CALIBRATOR SUZUKI HONDA KAWASAKI - See description for motorcycle compatibility Amazon.com: SpeedoDRD DRD-S1 SPEEDOMETER / SPEEDO CALIBRATOR SUZUKI HONDA KAWASAKI - See description for motorcycle compatibility: Automotive

Just curious of anyone has had any experience with this style speed correction. While looking into it I found some reviews saying it corrected the speedometer but not the odometer which I figured would have worked one in the same but those were people that I think were converting kmh to mph or vice versa. It's only a few bucks cheaper then the speedo healer I just like how small it is and the fact that I don't have to lose what little trunk space I have. I realized yesterday that by going up 2 teeth im the rear I seemed to be off by 5mph according to the gps speedo app in my phone but at about 110 seemed to be off by 10mph and im assuming it'll get worse the faster im going. Of course all my previous bikes have had sick gearing so I'm not sure that the app was off and it wasn't actually getting worse the faster I went or not cause I have no experience with this but I do know I like to have an accurate speedo so I know when to stop if necessary.

Sounds like you just need to do the trunk mod if gen2. Otherwise my speedohealer is mounted just outside the battery area.
Definitely need to do the trunk mod just waiting for @c10 to patent and start selling his in a kit :lol:. I really was more curious if anyone else had tried one of these simply to get some first hand feedback.

the speedo healer takes no space. mine is mounted on the left side just behind the fuse box. leave the fairing panel off until you dial it in then close it up and you are done. you can run the max speed indicator button anywhere if you use it.

To be honest, I don't even use the speedo. I always use GPS speed and stats and with all their flaws the are still more accurate than a mechanical speedo reading wheel turns.

as for this option maybe good but why mess with proven tech for a $100 part?

On fb

Screenshot_20190822-203723_Samsung Internet.jpg

I used a SpeedoDRD on my Ninja 1000. Good product. Easy install, easy set up and worked just like it was supposed to.
I had speedoDRD on my gen 1 Busa and it was great. 12 O’clock Labs hasn’t created one for the wheel speed sensor for gen 3 but they will let me know when they do. I hate thinking I’m going 70 mph and actually only doing 65. This adds extra miles to the odometer that you haven’t driven as well.

I had speedoDRD on my gen 1 Busa and it was great. 12 O’clock Labs hasn’t created one for the wheel speed sensor for gen 3 but they will let me know when they do. I hate thinking I’m going 70 mph and actually only doing 65. This adds extra miles to the odometer that you haven’t driven as well.
Hi. I am adding front and rear wheel speed sensors on my 1999 busa.

You don’t need wheel speed sensors to use SpeedoDRD on gen1. It simply plug and play into the speedometer lead from your front sprocket. Easy to calibrate and you won’t be putting extra unrode miles on your bike.
Hi. I do not have a dash I have an 8 inch tablet. DAS is helping me with the bike. It is an LSR / street bike being built for Loring up in Main. He went 264 but his rear wheel speed was 310 MPH. We are doing up the frame by moving the swingarm pivot up 12mm. to help with traction. The bike has a Garrett G42-1200C turbo with NOS.

Back