correct speed?

Nicholas

Registered
i know the speedo isnt rright on at top speeds, what is the best way to get the right speed, i know some people talk about gps's but what kind do yall prefer and about how much do decent ones cost that i can use just for speed rate?

Any GPS that shows speed will work. They're getting real cheap these days so unless you want one to use full time you shouldn't need to spend much over $100.

once you get a gps you could get a speedohealer from boost by smith to make your speedometer read more accurately.

Ace,

How exactly do you use the speedohealer? I mean do you have to have someone right beside you and then adjust the speed? Sorry for sounding dumb on the subject, but I am. :lol:

Use a gps to get your true speed, check the speedo to get the reading at the time, then go online to use their calculator and it will tell you what to program into the speedohealer to correct your speedo. You can also clock yourself in a mile but it's much less accurate.

Ace,

How exactly do you use the speedohealer? I mean do you have to have someone right beside you and then adjust the speed? Sorry for sounding dumb on the subject, but I am. :lol:

Not dumb at all. It wires pretty simple to you bike. It's a small little box that fits in a little nook in the tail. You go to their website and use the calculator to get a number you put into the healer.

There are several ways to see how far offthe speedo is. One is an onboard GPS. or I have a speed app for my phone. It uses the GPS already in it. OR you can run say 60mph on the highway and time yourself from mile marker to mile marker with a stop watch. If your speedo says you are doing 60 but the stop watch says it took you less than 60 seconds...just do the math.

Once you get how fast you are actually going at a certain speed, you imput that into the speedohealer calculator and it spits out a corrective number to set your speedohealer with. Set it once and you are DONE!

Sorry i dont have a complete write up on it, but it really does follow the instructions that come with it well.

I was tired of calculating in my head as i rode, one of my best mods.

Not dumb at all. It wires pretty simple to you bike. It's a small little box that fits in a little nook in the tail. You go to their website and use the calculator to get a number you put into the healer.

There are several ways to see how far offthe speedo is. One is an onboard GPS. or I have a speed app for my phone. It uses the GPS already in it. OR you can run say 60mph on the highway and time yourself from mile marker to mile marker with a stop watch. If your speedo says you are doing 60 but the stop watch says it took you less than 60 seconds...just do the math.

Once you get how fast you are actually going at a certain speed, you imput that into the speedohealer calculator and it spits out a corrective number to set your speedohealer with. Set it once and you are DONE!

Sorry i dont have a complete write up on it, but it really does follow the instructions that come with it well.

I was tired of calculating in my head as i rode, one of my best mods.

its really easy to install. hardest thing is finding a place you like for it and the top speed recall button if you use it.

heres their site.

HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro and X-TRE -

and user submitted how tos

SpeedoHealer - Electronic Speedometer and Odometer calibrator for motorcycles

and it comes with some pretty good instructions.

on of my best mods too.

Oh on another note, what is your opinion of the XTRE? Seems to me like it could hurt the bike running like that with the ignition timing set to run like it is in 5th all the time?

The App is just called Speedometer. I know very little about the TRE, but i think it is mainly used to by pass the 186 mph restrictor which limits speed in 6th gear. Tricks it to think it's in 5th? I think? I also dont think it helps fix the speedo issue.

Back