I did some Top Speed runs today...

Yeah, Busaman, good work with them pics man, better work editing them... Good Job...
thumbs-up.gif
Just don't wanna share TOO much unintentionally...

Sorry for the Burly Hi-Jacking

hey man your making your way up some real speed,i got my stock motor busa to go 198 g.p.s. with these mods, well first of all the flapper is there for low end pick up but you really wont miss that much,get your bike lowered,(front and back) do whats called the big air box mod ,instructions on that should be on this website ,if there not email me and i will give you the info, also there is a way to pipe your vacuum pump into the pcv (positve crankcase ventilation) which will give you free extra horsepower, you will need a fuel management system, i use a tfi box or get a power commander which works well and is easy to adjust, dont worry about adjuting the timing map as thats how most guys end up slowing their bike up, i really made very many runs topped out in order to dial the fuel system properly in order to go that fast ,of course you got the t.r.e. seems like the busa doesnt mind the hot weather it was probably 85 degrees when my bike went the fastest, i hate saying this but your jacket will take about 3 mph off your top end,i always found running from east to west gave me the fastest mph, seems like when i ran on north and south roads the wind would push you sideways, a new tire will give you more top end due to the circumference,get your body really tucked and keep your legs in and stay on the throttle till you hit the rev limiter, keep in touch and keep us posted on how fast you go and email me with your mph if you got the time

Busaman86,

It's always fun to top out your bike on nice long straight roads.  now let's try it in just 1 mile from a dead stop.  You did a great job and should be proud.  Now hop on a 350+HP Busa and try it again, in just 1 mile.  Can you imagine going 220+mph in just 1 mile?  You should bring your bike to El Mirage, Maxton or Goliad and give it a go at a sanctioned event.  Twisting the throttle and hanging on isn't what everyone thinks.  Being able to wring out another 2 mph just by tucking tight, moving your ankles inward, jutting your head forward into the windscreen so that all you see is the top 1/2 inch of your viewport from your helmet is the mark of a true Land Speeder.  Way to go.  But going 190 on a true stocker with stock gearing isn't possible.  Sorry,  a 17/40 gear with a 79" circumference tire isn't going to get you there at 10,500 in 6th.  You would need to put a 18T on to make better speed. Been there many times and tried that.

Guy

<!--EDIT|2fast4u2c
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104887648 -->

Yup, it was a blast.
Tire pressure was 42lbs both front and rear, and I was REALLY tucked in. I also had the hump on
wink.gif
 oh, and the belly pan (no centerstand or anything like that).
As for skill... Rev, it is NOT easy. Yes, it's simple in theory.. Just twist yer wrist and you're up there... but in actuality, keeping the bike going in a straight line when there's that much wind resistance, when you have a jacket flapping up and down, and when you have to watch out for road hazards... not that easy. I go fast quite often. Whenever I see I have enough space to speed up safely, I peg it... and usually don't let out until I absolutely have too, but for these high speed runs, where you have to hold the throttle open even after the needle is stuck at 185... it starts getting to ya... I don't know if you've ever topped out your busa so I can't say anything about that, but as for me, I've gone pretty fast, and I don't think it's easy (I used to though... I admit it)

Also, I am 6 feet tall (6'01"), 180 lbs, and... I guess of average build. IMO, I can get tucked in pretty well... (I gotta try sliding up and down the seat a little next time, although I'm having a hard time visualizing it when going that fast...)

Also, about the road. There ARE some Florida Highway Patrol Troopers in the area, however not on that particular road. I guess it's because that's not the *main* road that goes to the lake, and it's pretty much only for trucks from the fields. There IS a Camaro trooper that always hides next to 441 RIGHT after the long roads end (as you enter "city" territory) that is ALWAYS giving out tickets to cagers who have probably have their cruise control set at 80mph or so and don't realize that they should slow down when entering civilization...
It's kind of ironic though... Right after the runs, I see this old pickup truck getting a ticket
tounge.gif

OH, and one more thing... I went to the lake today with my dad and my uncle (My dad on the SV650, and my uncle on the Bandit 1200). It was really fun. My uncle thought he stood a chance against the busa in the 1200
laugh.gif
. I had the GPS with me, and I told him... "Ok... why don't you top your bike out... and I'll pull up next to you to see how fast you're ACTUALLy going... then, I'll show you what a *real* bike does
tounge.gif
" And I did... His speedo read about 130mph (he's pretty chubby), and my GPS was reading 115mph... then I downshifted a couple of gears, and took off (almost pulling a wheelie). I could just imagine his jaw dropping inside his helmet when he saw me TAKE OFF like that, after his "100cc" smaller bike was TOPPED OUT
laugh.gif
I can say from experience... the Bandit 1200 is no slouch (I own a B12S), but the Hayabusa will take it every time.  I've had mine indicating 155 (prolly 130-140 true) and it's hell on yah.  Congrats for topping it out and stay fast, but safe out there  
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

race.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Heh.. I didn't know this topic had been brought back to life ;)
Thanks on all the compliments, guys. I haven't really had time to do any more high speed runs, but when I do, I'll let you know.
And btw, since I did these runs, I put Carbon Fiber Yoshimura Bolt-ons... I've been thinking of dropping some teeth actually... getting some better acceleration, but I'm not sure. I wanna get a few more high speed runs before I start trying 1/4 mile times.
cool.gif

Heh.. I didn't know this topic had been brought back to life ;)
Thanks on all the compliments, guys. I haven't really had time to do any more high speed runs, but when I do, I'll let you know.
And btw, since I did these runs, I put Carbon Fiber Yoshimura Bolt-ons... I've been thinking of dropping some teeth actually... getting some better acceleration, but I'm not sure. I wanna get a few more high speed runs before I start trying 1/4 mile times.
cool.gif
If you drop the front sprocket don't evern bother with a top end run. I fyou mean dropping the rear FOR HIGH SPEED, don't do that eiter, yo do not have enough HP for a 39 or 38. 16F will be fine for the 1/4

Back