Tired of the bickering and good people bailing on this board

How do we keep this forum alive? We are nearing self destruct mode.

• Remove all the threads that are not specifically bike related.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Keep all the "non bike" related threads and wait the short time until this forum gets shut down.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Some other: please post.

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
Thanks to all that have contributed.

My original proposition was an alternative to the current state of affairs on this board in which the current moderation and policing is not working.
The moderators have expressed dismay, and frustration, and sickness at being called names and having to be policemen, there have been warnings, bannings, and even a shutdown, but it still continues.

Thank you to semi for the excellent post, and preview of the plans for the future. I hope it works and thanks for hanging in, it will be a rough ride for you guys.

Dino: nice attempt at a save by calling it a “joke”
It wasn’t a joke to Bogus and contributed greatly to his leaving (as stated in his post).
My comments about you were not a personal attack. I stated my opinion, and backed it up with the factual presentation of your thread. If you have any evidence to produce or show to contradict what I said the others would be glad to hear it.

I have changed my mind on this subject, and the “Random Thoughts” section and others like it should stay.
I agree with fsusux, and outlawbusa that if we remove the “Random Thoughts” these types of comments will just move into the bike related threads.

I also agree with vabusa this thread illustrates the need for the “Random Thoughts” threads.
The comments like: visit from aunt flo recently, cinch up your flame proof pants, thanks for the laugh, bambi and thumper, can jello be involved, strawberry banana, green jello on Tuesdays, speedo, put on my big girl panties…. illustrates just that very point.

The board was shut down once by Cap which illustrates an extreme amount of stress and frustration on his part.
It wasn’t shut down because everyone was doing what he complained about, but only a select few.
The several thousand others who did not participate, suffered for the actions of those few.
IMO if things don’t change in that regard, it will happen again and finally be shut down for good.
He did not do it lightly, and those of us who have not listened to him do so at the peril of loosing this board.

I must retreat to my “biking’ area of the board and will not contribute in this thread anymore.
Good luck with it all, and good biking!

That was a joke. Read the entire post it was all a joke.
For someone who is so bent out of shape over personal attacks it didn't take you long to start making them.

That's some of the problem of communicating with a keyboard instead of face to face. Sometimes its impossible to tell when someone is serious or kidding. You can't see facial expressions of hear the tone of the voice. There are times I've been rolling on the floor laughing at a response as I'm typing it, and it was taken seriously. There are people here that know each other well enough to call each other stupid morons in a thread and know that is was in jest. But others see it and jump on the name calling bandwagon, get offended for the recipient, or just think its ok to do that to anyone since its an example of how the board swings.

Last edited:
Cudos to that.
I wanted to present an alternative to you guys having to look at every post.
Once it gets out that there is a zero tolerance, this will take care of itself.
It is great to disagree, but the first rule in arguing, or debating, is if you call the other fellow a name, you loose.This will be hard on you guys to turn it around, but when it is done, you will have a lot less work and stress. :thumbsup:
And this will be a much better place.

Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reserve the right to call you funny names as long as I put a funny face after!

Example: Mikey wears a skirt with no panties and he don't even shave his legs, the TARD! :laugh::poke::rofl::please:

:thumbsup:

Here's the deal. We have some internet bullies hanging around and stirring the shid. A few have disappeared after insulting Cap and the admins.

I'm ready for some authority myself because I was being attacked and having others attacked just for the fun of it. It was insane. People that had never met you PMing you calling you names and deriding you for no apparent reason. I would actually respond and ask what the issue was and never got a reply. Personally I don't need that crap.

I like the oRg but dislike the haters. If you can't win the argument then go off and tell yourself you're right anyway or go off and think about your position and retort. But stop with the name calling and hating or go somewhere else.

Things to do before limiting communication globally:

1) Use the ignore feature on anyone that offends you. That way the rest of us can continue to be offended if we so choose.

2) Don't frequent the threads/forums/categories that tend to have dialogue or posters that offend you. Again, that way the rest of the members who wish to can continue to be abused.

3) Stay in the "bike only" related threads. The rest of us will visit from time to time. That's what brought most of us here initially.

4) Go to the off topic forum and start a new thread and complain that there's an off topic/random forum and scream at everyone who posts up with a differing opinion. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. :)

Best of luck!:beerchug:

Here's the deal. We have some internet bullies hanging around and stirring the shid. A few have disappeared after insulting Cap and the admins.

I'm ready for some authority myself because I was being attacked and having others attacked just for the fun of it. It was insane. People that had never met you PMing you calling you names and deriding you for no apparent reason. I would actually respond and ask what the issue was and never got a reply. Personally I don't need that crap.

I like the oRg but dislike the haters. If you can't win the argument then go off and tell yourself you're right anyway or go off and think about your position and retort. But stop with the name calling and hating or go somewhere else.

I told you I was sorry and wrong. :rulez::poke:

Dino: nice attempt at a save by calling it a “joke”
It wasn’t a joke to Bogus and contributed greatly to his leaving (as stated in his post).
My comments about you were not a personal attack. I stated my opinion, and backed it up with the factual presentation of your thread. If you have any evidence to produce or show to contradict what I said the others would be glad to hear it.

I have changed my mind on this subject, and the “Random Thoughts” section and others like it should stay.
I agree with fsusux, and outlawbusa that if we remove the “Random Thoughts” these types of comments will just move into the bike related threads.

Mike

I entered this thread with a general comment, you took it upon yourself to personalize it by directly bringing up posts I made and then editorializing about them.

Did you even read the 100% thread? I doubt it because you would have seen that the whole thing was a joke. And if Bogus didn't think it was funny or it hurt his feelings he should have acted like an adult and let me know, to which I would have gladly apologized as it was never my intent to be offensive. Instead he posted a thread playing the victim and feeling all sorry for himself acting like a little kid with the internet equivalent of taking his toys and going home. Give me a break. He is as much an instigator as anyone on here, and his preschool behavior is laughable.

Then you with your passive aggressive snipe at me with:

I just looked at your stats, and it seems that about 90% of the threads you started and posts are in "random thoughts"
That is why I have not seen much of you.

Hey there is a possible solution to all this.
If you don't have at least 50% of your posts or threads in "bike related" topics and just choose to hang in "random thoughts" then a special section or designation should be assigned to you.
"Lodge posers" is what we called them at the ski hill.
All dressed up in the newest garb, and never go on the slopes, usually because they can't ski.

Then you have the nerve to come back and say it was just your opinion. Give me a break. This is exactly the kind of stuff you are complaining about.

At least we can all sleep well knowing that you, in your infinite wisdom, have decided that you changed your mind and think there should still be a "Random Thoughts" area.

People that PM others with crap like this is a coward at the highest level.

you seriously bad people sending you insulting PMs? What little punks.
Posted via Mobile Device

You had to be there, but I'm glad you weren't because no one really needs what I was getting.

F'im we are in the old men with young hotties club. At the end of the day that trumps all of it. :thumbsup:

For the most part, I believe that 98% of the .org members pretty much police themselves, but I also believe, as others, that a few members like to stir up stuff for 'sport'. Hard to fathom that admins get 'beat up' for doing their best to keep this place on an even keel. It is human nature that some, whether new or old members, will 'push' the limits past the point of decency, and that's the point that the admins have a responsbility to quietly, privately step in and warn as a teaching point what is acceptable and what is not; then, if the offender continues, take the nuclear option and ban. It is an unfortunate by-product of the internet. I think that by having the 2% move on, it will level things out (until the next 'sportster' shows up).

I missed the part about Bogus leaving; have to check that out.

Tufbusa is 100% correct (Steven, you old fart :moon:)

bingo, and those banging heads need to realize that one will often post just to get the exact response they want out of the other. Stop feeding that bear if it truly gets to you that much. Life's too short to worry over stupid stuff like this gang...honestly, it's just silly and is spiraling out of control...

+1000

Back