Why are people on this board nicer than others?

I still think that number is wrong.. I am 43. I forgot BA BUSA's age but I think he is younger than me. Charlesbusa is I think late 20's, busahaya is in his early 20's I believe.

If I were to guess I would say the average age of a Busa rider is around mid 40's (avg)

Maturity......... and respect I'd say that about sums it up.
It's really just plain good manners. To be nice cost nothing, but the friendship, you may gain in RETURN priceless

It's because we're just MORE MATURE
tounge.gif
director.gif

argue.gif

egitarre77.gif

face7.gif
 I think
down.gif

Thought about this a little bit. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the people on this board essentially care about one thing: Riding.

We don't care about showing off our egos to everyone. We have ego's, sure, but we never have a need to blast our ego's all over eveyone else's egos. Well, except for maybe the military dikk-waving contest I saw in another thread today!
wink.gif

We also don't have to stomp on other people in order to feel better about ourselves. People here actually like people. Also, it's nice to see that there is NO bigotry going on here, so far as I can tell. Truly awesome.

We like and respect other people's opinions. Hey, if my opinion is stupid to one guy, it doesn't matter because it's a good thought for someone else. And who knows? Some other opinion I have might be meaningful to the same guy.

So, we enjoy each other's company, we take advice from each other and we help when we can and take help when we need it.

It's a good system, so far as I can tell. Love your Busa, love the next guy's Busa and have a nice life!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I still think that number is wrong.. I am 43. I forgot BA BUSA's age but I think he is younger than me. Charlesbusa is I think late 20's, busahaya is in his early 20's I believe.

If I were to guess I would say the average age of a Busa rider is around mid 40's (avg)
I'm older than you...and faster
tounge.gif

CB is 32, Nelson 26, and Wag is just average
laugh.gif

because we all drink herbal tea.

Seriously, saw your first posts over at sbn and you kind of looked like a troll.
correction: Oh it's "herbal" alright...but we don't..."drink"...it.

well?...everybody but gunny...cause he's gotz issues...

important issues...

like..

national security issues.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

I think alot of it has to do with the anti-profanity, anti-nudity policy Doug and the Mods have made. Those who stay are here for one thing, love of the Busa.

hmmm....ya know something, I think this board just got lucky with the members here. From time to time, I have been known to get a little bent-out-of-shape, but logical reasoning from the members here soon takes effect. And I come to realize Im either just plain wrong, or Im really just right and everyone else is just daydreaming...lol

Ok seriously, I think its partially due to the maturity level of the members here. Most busa riders have to have some wisdom or they arn't members of Earth's general population for very long riding the bike we choose to ride. A general respect is given to females and males here alike. Very little "R" rated material here, and Mods do a heck of a job keeping the inmates inline.

New ideas are shared, and new ideas are welcomed to better our little place we call home. Also, I dont think there is such a thing as a typical Busa rider. Many different personalities on this Forum, which always keeps things intresting and alive. I also believe the people here are truly good people, and maybe care just a little extra because many of us know how short and precious life can be - maybe due to the razors edge many of us have experienced, on the common bike we choose to ride.

Stay safe, and don't sweat the small stuff

Maturity......... and respect I'd say that about sums it up.
It's really just plain good manners.  To be nice cost nothing, but the friendship, you may gain in RETURN     priceless
+1.. I think it comes down to respect. As a Busa owner I respect the Bike. As a member of the board I respect those who ride the beast. Meeting people isn't that hard, making friends does takes a little work and respect.

Back