Can't believe the people on this site

brew

Registered
One thing I don't do is post a lot, but I read a lot.  During that time I have noticed that this site eats, breathes and poops Hayabusa,  that is why I am finding it hard to believe how the new 08 Busa is getting slammed.  Sure the back end does look a little funky, but other than that we have been given everything we have asked for.  ie  better brakes , more power etc

I remember one x-mas getting my son exactly what he wanted, when he opened it up all he did was whine that it wasn't the right color and it wasn't as good as the one his friend received, the people here are no different.

We should be happy that the Hayabusa is the legend that it is and hopefully this new generation of busa will meet up to everyones expectations, but if it doesn't why slam it?

I looked over at bikeland.org's website and they seem to be excited about the new bike, so why is that such a problem here?

I am no expert when it comes to bikes,  my 01 busa is stock except for slip ons and some bolt on's,  I will never ride the bike to its full potential, as I am sure 95 percent of the people here will not either,  who cares if it will beat a kawi 1400, it is still a Hayabusa.

Sorry to rant, just figured people here were a little more openminded thats all,,,,,,

brew

Welcome to the .Org, and keep on reading! And if you haven't yet done so, post a pic of your bike.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems that most of us on the .Org seem to like the '08, with the only real comments being the stying of the back of the bike.

Change can be difficult but anyone remember what they thought when it first showed up in '99?

I like it.

Welcome. Here is why I am a little dissapointed in the new busa... I was hoping for something to blow everything else out of the water. Many of us were waiting for that evolutionary leap that we knew the 14 would spark on the part of Suzuki... I would have loved the new updates with no changes to the look of the bike...but that is just me.

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, but in no way mean any harm. I care if my bike out runs a ZX14. I want it to be faster than any other production bike out there. That's why I bought it. I race it. I also want it to look nice while I'm trying to outrun everyone else. With that being said, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And you know what they say about those!! Frankly, the rear of the new Busa is hideous. I hate it. I also don't like the way the front turn signals are mounted to the body. It looks pieced together. It's like they ran out of ideas and took the signals from a 1000 and the tail from a 109 and put them on a busa. But again, that's just my opinion. No harm, no foul!! Maybe it will grow on me when I see one run in the 8's. Now, post a pic of your bike and don't get so worked up about opinions!! Have a cold one on me bro!!
beerchug.gif

Well in general, human nature is to remark on the negative and hold back the positive. I find it to be true on all boards in general.

I like the ZX-14 and the New 08 Hayabusa. Hell I like triumphs etc.. If your worried about beating the 14 then boost it.

(Moparict @ Jun. 30 2007,07:21) I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, but in no way mean any harm.  I care if my bike out runs a ZX14.  I want it to be faster than any other production bike out there.  That's why I bought it.  I race it.  I also want it to look nice while I'm trying to outrun everyone else.  With that being said, everyone is entitled to an opinion.  And you know what they say about those!!  Frankly, the rear of the new Busa is hideous.  I hate it.  I also don't like the way the front turn signals are mounted to the body.  It looks pieced together.  It's like they ran out of ideas and took the signals from a 1000 and the tail from a 109 and put them on a busa.  But again, that's just my opinion.  No harm, no foul!!  Maybe it will grow on me when I see one run in the 8's.   Now, post a pic of your bike and don't get so worked up about opinions!!  Have a cold one on me bro!!
beerchug.gif
+1 i will be keeping my 05, even if it does make me look like a bratty kid on christmas.

I'm personally Zuke to the bone....
Thats just me, always have been, always will be.
Sorry Yamaha, Honda, & Kawi your not my cup of tea..

beerchug.gif

I like the new Busa and I am sure the bike builders are
or have come up with a undertail to clean up the only
problem I have with the bike. As far as people wanting
to one up Kawi with a 1500 if Zuk did that and all the
other things us Busa owners wanted the bike would be
in the chopper price range and we would be crying about
that.

Its much like creating a new scientific theory. It get beaten to a pulp by all the leading authorities of the subject and over time it eventually gains acceptance. It takes time before most can sit down and rationalize things. That's what happens when individuals let emotion dominate their mainstream thinking.

Btw, have many people seen the bike in person or have seen or explored its dynamic parameters? Give it a chance!
lurk.gif

(05 Busa LE @ Jun. 30 2007,09:58) Welcome to the .Org, and keep on reading!  And if you haven't yet done so, post a pic of your bike.
You do realize that you're welcoming someone thats been a member since 2002 right?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm not slamming the new bike . I like everything I've seen so far .

As Grandma would say - That bike is a studly SOB  
biggrin.gif

First of all isn't it nice that we live somewhere we can voice our diverse opinions....Thank a vet. That being said Change is often hard to accept. When I put a Cyclops undertail on my Busa it was raggeed as being hideous, now it's in vogue.
I like most of us looked forward to the new Busa. I must admit my expectations may have high but I did not anticipate being so let down. To me it seems they looked into the parts bin and said lets slap this on . Please don't get me wrong I love the Busa always will. I lost mine in a fire last month but it will be replaced by another Busa.
The 08 doesn't seemed to have been well thought out. As I said time will tell I may change my mind. But that tail section!!
rock.gif
come on!!!! Jmho

I'll take it just like it is. Putting my deposit on one here soon.

Many new bikes are accepted and liked well after they come out.

This 08 Hayabusa will get some real love once they hit the dealers and are seen on the road.

With me on a Black or Blue one... plus I'll keep my 06

Busa___Me_2.jpg

I'm a slammer  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I'm pissed at the whole process.

First Zuki is tight lipped like they work for the defense department. WTF...it's a motorcycle.

Then I can't believe it took 'em 9 years for minor improvements to barely eek up over the 14. Which is dumb...By not hammering out a major displacement (increasing the bore) you've begun a tweak war with Kawi...making minor adjustments to (maybe remember it took 9 years to throw us a bone) for minimal gains.

If Suzuki would have thrown down a 1400 -1500 machine with lower compression, it would have gave a great base motor for turbo, big bore kits, and would have forced Kawi to use major retool bucks to keep up.

So, I'm underwhelmed by the engine.

Throw in the tail  
SHOCKED.gif

I already fell zuki cares more about the 1000 gsxr market and uses the Busa for a cash cow,now they throw a minimal effort our way...

The original Busa and philosophy of Suzuki was to kill the flea with a sledgehammer and blew away the competition leaving no doubt who was large in charge. This was obviously NOT the case this time.

Don't misunderstand, to ride the fastest or what someone else thinks is not important to me, and the original busa rocks, love my '06 and Celine was not going anywhere regardless (maybe a 2nd bike was on the way) but I question Suzuki's business ideas, commitment to the Busa faithfull, and overall design philosophy of the bike (hurl icon insert here).

rant.gif

I am just tired of hereing of it now. Yes, dont bash it. Now it is time to wait. I like 2 of the colors just not into those rear turns. But they make a easy undertail cause no turn to relocate. They may even bolt on or off. Time will tell.

As much as I agree with most (hideous tail section and performance improvements likely to just eek past the ZX-13.5), and upon further speculation, I think Suzuki purposely held back based on securing future marketability. If Suzuki were to have come out with a Busa that made just as big of an impact as the Gen 1 model, where would they go from there down the road. The bike can only be improved so much so often.

I believe Suzuki purposely left the door open somewhat for future improvements that could have been done now but saved them a few years down the road and re-market the all NEW 2010+ Busa model all over again.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kaw and Zuk had some behind the scenes manufacturer's agreement on upping one another every so often to keep the units moving and neither becomes stagnant. These companies are more sneaky than you think.

I guess its cause they made relatively no changes at all over the years . Everyone , Me included thought they were saving the best for last. When there was no 07 limited I just knew they were going to come out Guns Hot in 08 . I just took my ride out for a spin and you know what . I have one hell of a machine . I don't need a new Bike . I feel like with a little work I can surpass the output of what the 08 has to offer in the terms of power . And as far as handling goes , well its longer and heavier . And its still far cheaper to upgrade my existing suspension . Radial Brakes are nice but I can go a long way to improving my brakes with just a set of stainless steel lines .

The B-king shows vision , The new fuel injected 450 dirtbike show innovation , The M-109 , uncompromised power and styling , The GSXR 1000 don't even get me started . They put more effort in the GSXR 650 in my opinion .
If you like the 08 by all means buy one . I'm not trying to dissuade anyone else from buying one I'm saying it's just not enough to satisfy me at the time . They could have done a lot more and in 2010 will it be different enough to make the change again or is this it until 2016 ? Heck I thought by 2020 there'd be flying bikes and we'd all need pilots licenses

Game recognize Game and a Player knows when he's being play'd

Back