Can't believe the people on this site

(Shibumi @ Jun. 30 2007,15:22)
(brew @ Jun. 30 2007,08:48) One thing I don't do is post a lot, but I read a lot. During that time I have noticed that this site eats, breathes and poops Hayabusa, that is why I am finding it hard to believe how the new 08 Busa is getting slammed. Sure the back end does look a little funky, but other than that we have been given everything we have asked for. ie better brakes , more power etc

I remember one x-mas getting my son exactly what he wanted, when he opened it up all he did was whine that it wasn't the right color and it wasn't as good as the one his friend received, the people here are no different.

We should be happy that the Hayabusa is the legend that it is and hopefully this new generation of busa will meet up to everyones expectations, but if it doesn't why slam it?

I looked over at bikeland.org's website and they seem to be excited about the new bike, so why is that such a problem here?

I am no expert when it comes to bikes, my 01 busa is stock except for slip ons and some bolt on's, I will never ride the bike to its full potential, as I am sure 95 percent of the people here will not either, who cares if it will beat a kawi 1400, it is still a Hayabusa.

Sorry to rant, just figured people here were a little more openminded thats all,,,,,,

brew
Brew, I believe you win the prize for "Most Opposite of a Post Ho"!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DOT, take notes...
laugh.gif
poke.gif
WTF suddenly I'm a target
ices_rofl.gif

Your post is commonly known as thread jacking. Back to the ugly arse at hand
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

We at the Hayabusa.org are closest to Hayabusa so critisism or praise of the new bike seems revelant and justified.
beerchug.gif

I was shocked the nite of the release, but soon began to like it, especially after reading about the improvements. An under tail would be a must for me personally. Everything else is good in my book, and this bike beats the 14; hell the old bike was nose and nose with it.

Well it is what it is . Love it or hate it , it's all your gonna get . I give most of the new Busa owners a couple months max and they'll be looking for ways to get more power out of it . You'll get use to that big old increase of power in no time flat and be throwing mad loot at the after market scene to squeeze more horsepower out of that Big Old 1340.

(tinmann @ Jun. 30 2007,17:00) Well it is what it is . Love it or hate it , it's all your gonna get . I give most of the new Busa owners a couple months max and they'll be looking for ways to get more power out of it  . You'll get use to that big old increase of power in no time flat and be throwing mad loot at the after market scene to squeeze more horsepower out of that Big Old 1340.
Not in California.....the #1 market on the planet.

Personally, I like it. I wasen't looking for a radically different looking Busa. They have made changes that a lot of have paid for on top of the stock price. If that tail section is anything like the back of the GSXR a lot of it can be unbolted and removed in a few minutes. Personally, I like the new rear turn signals. And... I like the overall look. Will I buy one? Not now for sure. My 05 only has 17000 miles on it and I am totally happy with it.

(brew @ Jun. 30 2007,06:48) One thing I don't do is post a lot, but I read a lot.  During that time I have noticed that this site eats, breathes and poops Hayabusa,  that is why I am finding it hard to believe how the new 08 Busa is getting slammed.  Sure the back end does look a little funky, but other than that we have been given everything we have asked for.  ie  better brakes , more power etc

I remember one x-mas getting my son exactly what he wanted, when he opened it up all he did was whine that it wasn't the right color and it wasn't as good as the one his friend received, the people here are no different.

We should be happy that the Hayabusa is the legend that it is and hopefully this new generation of busa will meet up to everyones expectations, but if it doesn't why slam it?

I looked over at bikeland.org's website and they seem to be excited about the new bike, so why is that such a problem here?

I am no expert when it comes to bikes,  my 01 busa is stock except for slip ons and some bolt on's,  I will never ride the bike to its full potential, as I am sure 95 percent of the people here will not either,  who cares if it will beat a kawi 1400, it is still a Hayabusa.

Sorry to rant, just figured people here were a little more openminded thats all,,,,,,

brew
Dude!

You rant all you want!

And by goodness man, share some more with us!

(Justyntym @ Jun. 30 2007,09:23) I'm a slammer  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I'm pissed at the whole process.

First Zuki is tight lipped like they work for the defense department. WTF...it's a motorcycle.

Then I can't believe it took 'em 9 years for minor improvements to barely eek up over the 14. Which is dumb...By not hammering out a major displacement (increasing the bore) you've begun a tweak war with Kawi...making minor adjustments to (maybe remember it took 9 years to throw us a bone) for minimal gains.

If Suzuki would have thrown down a 1400 -1500 machine with lower compression, it would have gave a great base motor for turbo, big bore kits, and would have forced Kawi to use major retool bucks to keep up.

So, I'm underwhelmed by the engine.

Throw in the tail  
SHOCKED.gif

I already fell zuki cares more about the 1000 gsxr market and uses the Busa for a cash cow,now they throw a minimal effort our way...

The original Busa and philosophy of Suzuki was to kill the flea with a sledgehammer and blew away the competition leaving no doubt who was large in charge. This was obviously NOT the case this time.

Don't misunderstand, to ride the fastest or what someone else thinks is not important to me, and the original busa rocks, love my '06 and Celine was not going anywhere regardless (maybe a 2nd bike was on the way) but I question Suzuki's business ideas, commitment to the Busa faithfull, and overall design philosophy of the bike (hurl icon insert here).

rant.gif
I agree. 9 years! I mean common...
You just may be used to settling for that $5 your wife gives you for lunch everyday for the last 9 years.

Another thing is what someone else said. People on here eat, sleep and crap Hayabusa. Does that make them experts on the Hayabusa. You bet your a$$ it does!! Just because someone doesn't have the old piece of paper on their wall, doesn't mean jack! I see bikes on here and other superbike mags that build completely sick bikes in all capacities.
I bet you anything a few people from this board could have designed something amazing in keeping with the traditional multi-use Hayabusa. New logos, new fonts,
new rim designs...my god, the possibilities are so endless...

Now we get to argue with groups of people we roll up to that see that "1300" on the thunder theighs, how the internal compression and titanium yadda yidda yadda who cares is faster than the ZX14.
I paid good money for bragging rights and now I'M the one that has to explain how 13 is better than 14.
Thanks Zuke.... good lookin out...

This is the last time I'm saying this one.
If Suzuki needs to retire Hayabusa and come up with something completely new.....pleeeeaaase do.
Done talking about this lame half shot wad...

rant.gif

rant.gif

(dadofthree @ Jun. 30 2007,18:27) brew
Brew, I believe you win the prize for "Most Opposite of a Post Ho"!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DOT, take notes...
laugh.gif
poke.gif
[/quote]
WTF suddenly I'm a target
ices_rofl.gif

Your post is commonly known as thread jacking. Back to the ugly arse at hand
laugh.gif
[/Quote]
Thread jacking?
rock.gif

I'd think you would call it appreciation!!
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

suzuki could of done alot better with the design and mechanical improvements. i'm out on the 08'
guns.gif

I am loving the new busa more & more. The rear for me is awesome. I think the more people see it the more there going to like it.

At least Suzuki brought out an update.

They could be like Honda with their BlackBird.
Honda changed from carbs to FI in 1999, then nothing.
After 2003, they quit importing to the US.
2007 is the last year for the BlackBird outside the US.

I think like others I expected a little more for 9 years of waiting. Tail section is not for me but looks are all opinion What i thought we might see was 15-20 HP and 20-25 less pounds with better brakes. While we got an increase in power its a little short it actually gained weight but we did get better brakes. One thing to remember Kawi and Suz are owned by the same people. Why compete against yourself. One thing I dont get is how do they expect to sell these to Hayabusa owners already. There is not that big of an improvment. I just want the motor and electronics please for mine I bet it will fit

(brew @ Jun. 30 2007,08:48) One thing I don't do is post a lot, but I read a lot.  During that time I have noticed that this site eats, breathes and poops Hayabusa,  that is why I am finding it hard to believe how the new 08 Busa is getting slammed.  Sure the back end does look a little funky, but other than that we have been given everything we have asked for.  ie  better brakes , more power etc

I am no expert when it comes to bikes,  my 01 busa is stock except for slip ons and some bolt on's,  I will never ride the bike to its full potential, as I am sure 95 percent of the people here will not either,  who cares if it will beat a kawi 1400, it is still a Hayabusa.

brew
Your Right ! How could I have been so stupid ? From now on I agree with whatever is politically correct. Please excuse my earlier post about ugly tail,minor improvements etc. I really like it because its a Busa.
wink.gif

I think that Suzuki didn't have us in mind at all.  With the subliminal messages emitting from this design, I'm getting the impression they are trying to attract the Harley riders because there is no way in hell any of us are really impressed with the changes they have made. I have seen the supporters comments but seriously....shouldn't there have been more?

Suzuki could have at least changed the name to GSX1400R by upping the cc's a little more. I guess we will have to call it Gen 1 and Gen 2 Busa.

Back