Tired of the bickering and good people bailing on this board

How do we keep this forum alive? We are nearing self destruct mode.

• Remove all the threads that are not specifically bike related.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Keep all the "non bike" related threads and wait the short time until this forum gets shut down.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Some other: please post.

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
It is pretty simple. When you see something you disagree with be it politics, religion, the fastest color or any other random thought, you can comment or not comment. If you comment then deal with the reply other wise stop complaining. You are an adult no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to even open a thread let alone reply to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bingo, and those banging heads need to realize that one will often post just to get the exact response they want out of the other. Stop feeding that bear if it truly gets to you that much. Life's too short to worry over stupid stuff like this gang...honestly, it's just silly and is spiraling out of control...

It is pretty simple. When you see something you disagree with be it politics, religion, the fastest color or any other random thought, you can comment or not comment. If you comment then deal with the reply other wise stop complaining. You are an adult no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to even open a thread let alone reply to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect.
Lets start there.
With you.
The Bogus leaving thread brought my attention to a thread you started, and which I never saw because I don’t read garbage:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/113422-what-makes-100-a.html

In that thread you said:
“In case you were wondering: B-O-G-U-S = 2+15+7+21+19 = 64 which coincidently is the same percentage of accuracy found in his posts”
That is totally inappropriate and insulting, and not in the spirit of this board.
Do you stand behind that kind of empty, unsubstantiated ridicule?
Where were you on those individual post of his that were incorrect?
Not there, as you had no value to add, and he was not wrong.

I just looked at your stats, and it seems that about 90% of the threads you started and posts are in "random thoughts"
That is why I have not seen much of you.

Hey there is a possible solution to all this.
If you don't have at least 50% of your posts or threads in "bike related" topics and just choose to hang in "random thoughts" then a special section or designation should be assigned to you.
"Lodge posers" is what we called them at the ski hill.
All dressed up in the newest garb, and never go on the slopes, usually because they can't ski.

Last edited:
Nearing self destruct mode??? Gimme a break.......except for a few folks getting all worked up about this little bit of drama, the rest of the thousands of members are going on and posting/living normally. I guess some folks just need more drama in their lives :whistle: Personally I think this thread is laughable :rofl:
Thanks for the laugh :laugh:

Nearing self destruct mode??? Gimme a break.......except for a few folks getting all worked up about this little bit of drama, the rest of the thousands of members are going on and posting/living normally. I guess some folks just need more drama in their lives :whistle: Personally I think this thread is laughable :rofl:
Thanks for the laugh :laugh:

Until Cap gets fed up and shuts it down.
AGAIN.
Real funny.
Those thousands suffered from the actions of a few in the past

Who all has seen "Bambi"?! Remember what Thumper said???

"If you can't say something nice...don't say nothing at all."

My observation is all the trouble is in the threads that are not bike related.
Someone prove me wrong on this.

easy enough, here you go linky

to expand on what VaBusa said earlier, we (admins and mods) have been accused of many negative things and it seemed to be the vocal minorities opinion that our moderation was not needed...after captain shut the board down a while back, we decided to give the members a chance to prove they didn't need us to step in when things got out of hand...as you can see, it failed miserably

actually, this has been a topic of discussion between us for the last couple days and things are changing...personal attacks, name-calling, negative sarcasm or statements aimed at another member, etc. are not going to be tolerated from anyone...we have warned and warned again and that time is over...those who have enjoyed their temporary ability to make whatever kind of remarks they want are going to find that they are no longer welcome to continue doing so

i hope everyone chooses to treat others in a mature respectful manner...discussions and debates need to remain just that without any personal slams or directed remarks...those who don't want to live within the rules (and everyone here knows what they are) are more than welcome to leave

It's not the content of the thread that makes any difference, it's the character of the poster. As we all know there are always a few on any forum that just thrive on drama and get involved with the sole purpose of stiring up trouble. It's the same on every forum and probably the same folks on each forum.

Personally I think there should be no limits on the subject matter. It makes for good discussions.

However, I think Mikey (Mike1180) should be banned altogether for using 90w gear lube for eye shadow! :laugh:

It's not the content of the thread that makes any difference, it's the character of the poster. As we all know there are always a few on any forum that just thrive on drama and get involved with the sole purpose of stiring up trouble. It's the same on every forum and probably the same folks on each forum.

Personally I think there should be no limits on the subject matter. It makes for good discussions.

However, I think Mikey (Mike1180) should be banned altogether for using 90w gear lube for eye shadow! :laugh:

Thanks Tuf.
I needed the levity. :laugh:

Is it possible for a "Random Thoughts" thread to stray?
Posted via Mobile Device

That's an interesting question. I would have to say it would be impossible for a random thread not to stray. Really though are the threads random, considering each topic is selected by the poster?

Is choice random?

cheers
ken

Last edited:
easy enough, here you go linky

to expand on what VaBusa said earlier, we (admins and mods) have been accused of many negative things and it seemed to be the vocal minorities opinion that our moderation was not needed...after captain shut the board down a while back, we decided to give the members a chance to prove they didn't need us to step in when things got out of hand...as you can see, it failed miserably

actually, this has been a topic of discussion between us for the last couple days and things are changing...personal attacks, name-calling, negative sarcasm or statements aimed at another member, etc. are not going to be tolerated from anyone...we have warned and warned again and that time is over...those who have enjoyed their temporary ability to make whatever kind of remarks they want are going to find that they are no longer welcome to continue doing so

i hope everyone chooses to treat others in a mature respectful manner...discussions and debates need to remain just that without any personal slams or directed remarks...those who don't want to live within the rules (and everyone here knows what they are) are more than welcome to leave

Cudos to that.
I wanted to present an alternative to you guys having to look at every post.
Once it gets out that there is a zero tolerance, this will take care of itself.
It is great to disagree, but the first rule in arguing, or debating, is if you call the other fellow a name, you loose.
This will be hard on you guys to turn it around, but when it is done, you will have a lot less work and stress. :thumbsup:
And this will be a much better place.

Last edited:
Who all has seen "Bambi"?! Remember what Thumper said???

"If you can't say something nice...don't say nothing at all."

ok, that does it, you are coming to twotonevert's for a ride!!! you definitely need to spend a weekend with nothing but motorcycles and adults :poke:

:rofl:

Moderation is a necessary evil to maintain order in a chaotic universe. No one like to moderated for anything. It's against human nature to want to be limited, but it has to happen or things escalate until someone gets hurt. Wars have started over less drama.

If we want to enjoy this site, we need to be respectful to the owner. Anyone who opens an account on this site is accepted as a guest of the owner. By showing disrespect and/or contempt toward any of the guests you are disrespecting the owner, as he has been gracious enough to extend his home for their use. Captain happens to be that owner. If you feel the need to disrespect him, you should not be welcome to stay in his house. I wouldn't let a visitor in my house be disrepectful to me, or my other friends. I'd not only ban them, but physically remove them from my house.

Make your choice and act appropriately. Respect or disrespect the Captain and his house?

Last edited:
Sell the site to me... I'll ban all haters and people that think it's okay to bash everybody except leos'...:whistle:

There are a handful of folks on the board that make adult discussions impossible without moderation. As soon as someone doesn't agree with them, instead of a counter arguement or additional information, the racist card is played or personal insults are made.

On a board this size, we will not agree on everything. But some members here require moderation because they aren't mature enough to separate the issues from the people.

There are a handful of folks on the board that make adult discussions impossible without moderation. As soon as someone doesn't agree with them, instead of a counter arguement or additional information, the racist card is played or personal insults are made.

On a board this size, we will not agree on everything. But some members here require moderation because they aren't mature enough to separate the issues from the people.

+1

I had an issue a few weeks back and didnt need admin...just dropped the thread and moved on to something new. LOL. Put my big girl panties on and got over it as I like to say...:poke:

Admin should be here for verbal threats not for hurt feelings. We arent in Kindergarden.

Perfect.
Lets start there.
With you.
The Bogus leaving thread brought my attention to a thread you started, and which I never saw because I don’t read garbage:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/113422-what-makes-100-a.html

In that thread you said:
“In case you were wondering: B-O-G-U-S = 2+15+7+21+19 = 64 which coincidently is the same percentage of accuracy found in his posts”
That is totally inappropriate and insulting, and not in the spirit of this board.
Do you stand behind that kind of empty, unsubstantiated ridicule?
Where were you on those individual post of his that were incorrect?
Not there, as you had no value to add, and he was not wrong.

I just looked at your stats, and it seems that about 90% of the threads you started and posts are in "random thoughts"
That is why I have not seen much of you.

Hey there is a possible solution to all this.
If you don't have at least 50% of your posts or threads in "bike related" topics and just choose to hang in "random thoughts" then a special section or designation should be assigned to you.
"Lodge posers" is what we called them at the ski hill.
All dressed up in the newest garb, and never go on the slopes, usually because they can't ski.

That was a joke. Read the entire post it was all a joke.
For someone who is so bent out of shape over personal attacks it didn't take you long to start making them.

Last edited:
Ok so I am confused. Is it more moderation/zero tolerance, or are we still on our own???? And when is the cut off date? Can i still get in a few barbs at a few people or will you have to delete this thread? Or do you just delete my post? Did I say i was confused? Can we set up a boxing ring at fall bash and Just duke it out?? Can jello be involved? I like strawberry/banana!:cheerleader:

Ok so I am confused. Is it more moderation/zero tolerance, or are we still on our own???? And when is the cut off date? Can i still get in a few barbs at a few people or will you have to delete this thread? Or do you just delete my post? Did I say i was confused? Can we set up a boxing ring at fall bash and Just duke it out?? Can jello be involved? I like strawberry/banana!:cheerleader:

Green jello will be involved, but only on Tuesdays...

:moon:

Back