Tired of the bickering and good people bailing on this board

How do we keep this forum alive? We are nearing self destruct mode.

• Remove all the threads that are not specifically bike related.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Keep all the "non bike" related threads and wait the short time until this forum gets shut down.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Some other: please post.

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
Oh now I have this "image" BURNT into my brain. Not good!!!! :laugh:
Quick, somebody start singing the meow mix song!!!

Lets drop the "Random Thoughts" and all other topics that don't have anything to do with bikes and Busas, before Cap and the other mods shut this thing down?
This place is for bikers to learn about bikes and skills and techniques about biking and especially Hayabusas.
We went wrong somehow and have lost a lot of that.
If you don’t want to learn about bikes and Busas, we would like you to go somewhere else.
Comments?

Theres always the "other" board.

It is pretty simple. When you see something you disagree with be it politics, religion, the fastest color or any other random thought, you can comment or not comment. If you comment then deal with the reply other wise stop complaining. You are an adult no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to even open a thread let alone reply to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Was unaware people were leaving, but so be it. I consider it attrition in the ranks and over time will be refilled with new blood. Its a forum, a great one at that, and no one here can harm you. Ignore those who rub you the wrong way, and embrace those who appeal to your values. :thumbsup:

Re: (AN IDEA TO HELP) Tired of the bickering and good people bailing on this board

I wish I could say this is unique to this site...sadly it is not. This type of discussion is occurring on forums all around the world. My simple answer is a global funk we all gotten into. War, money, family, political, religious all kinds of issues we are all dealing with and not of them seem to be getting any better. When you turn on the news it is mainly bad news, when you go to work, most people don't have anything good to say, when you come home, while we try to be patient with our families the pressure we are facing outside of home comes inside. Then we get on line and bam! We are carrying on the same attitude we are being assailed with all day long.

How do you fix that? You don't. How do you change it? You don't. There is no way that one person can change everyone else but there is hope! You can change yourself...and by taking on personal responsibility for everything you do and you do alone, that begins to effect everything around you. Proof? How many times have you been at work and had somebody say something negative just when you walk through the door! It takes the wind out of your sails, but when you have had someone say something positive at the start of a day...somehow you are able to let a lot of the little things go by the side.

I am not trying to be overly simplistic but rather what I would like to offer is a challenge. They say it takes us two weeks of changed behavior to make a new process stick. As such, I would offer up a two week challenge to all of us here in that we make zero negative replies about anything! That on every post we reply to we have one good thing to say about the person who posted up the thread! If you read the post and can not in find anything positive to say...close the thread and move to another thread! Then at the end of the two weeks, lets have an open thread discussion about how everyone sees things going here. If we see positive changes, let's extend the challenge for another two weeks.

Again, this is about personal responsibility, not assigning blame or looking at others and saying "YOU...Your the problem"! If we each take care of ourselves and let others take care of themselves...WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Come on guys we are all in this together, we only get on chance at living life, why not leave something good in the wake of where you walk by rather than harsh words, crass comments. Negative words no matter how tough we want to be on the outside hurt. We share a common love of bikes, let's build on the good that we have going here...please!

My comment to Mike1180: Thank you for taking the time to post up this thread and ask the question of how to save the group. You see something is happening and you want to seek a solution. Hats off to you brother for starting this...let's see if we can carry this on.

See what happens when you disappear for a bit......All I can say is WOW. What a bunch of Baaaaaaahhhhhh!!

Okay...I'm leaving now before I get banned! LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :bowdown:

Ace....is strawberry jello okay? :whistle:

See what happens when you disappear for a bit......All I can say is WOW. What a bunch of Baaaaaaahhhhhh!!

Okay...I'm leaving now before I get banned! LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :bowdown:

Ace....is strawberry jello okay? :whistle:
Chicken Sh-t:moon:

Well, for my .02 (and it may not even be worth that). I have seen too many people come and go, for various reasons. Some have sold thier bikes, some had a dispute with the board content or other members, we have even had a few crooks dissappear with quite alot of the board's money and property.

For one, I hate it when anyone leaves - every member takes something with them when they go.
The board goes in something like cycles; people are happy and content, then bang - the collective mood changes. Short term usually, but occassionally it lasts a little while...

Thing is, there are members here who have a polarizing effect; they are popular, friendly, helpful... so when they leave, something must be seriously wrong.

People check in and out, but sooner or later they come back, or show up at a meet and greet - the community here is too amazing and too forgiving not to.

But what we have to remember is that what makes the community so amazing is not just our common fascination with a particular scooter; but also the respect that we demand for ourselves and for others.

The site is a family site and has been from the begining. It is an immutable fact that you can't please everyone, certainly not all the time. Being a mod/admin has been a lot of fun for me, I have met and corresponded with some of the best people that I know.

But every now and then, the hammer has to come down, just to recalibrate everyone's compass. So, what needs to change on the board? Nothing - but we all have to remember that everyone here has something to contribute... be respectfull - many of us know from experieince that the person that you bad mouth today, may very well be the person extending thier hand in assistance tomorrow. This board has done some wonderful things for the members - this isn't just a website - if you haven't been to one of the meet and greets - GO! You will see that this is a family.

Back