Tired of the bickering and good people bailing on this board

How do we keep this forum alive? We are nearing self destruct mode.

• Remove all the threads that are not specifically bike related.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Keep all the "non bike" related threads and wait the short time until this forum gets shut down.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Some other: please post.

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
It was very disheartening finding this thread.

It was more disturbing to see I'm only the 41st person to cast a vote on a thread that is almost 10 years old !

There seems to be a multitude of issues, from then and now. A common concern, I think, is participation.

A, reason; I browse through older threads is lack of participation on current threads. Another, knowledge. Knowledge of the forum, topics and contributing members.

We all have individual lives. Our common interest of riding has brought us together on this forum.

In my opinion, a group forum with "members," should have membership standards. Social standards and accountability standards.

There's a start, in my opinion.

It was more disturbing to see I'm only the 41st person to cast a vote on a thread that is almost 10 years old !

There seems to be a multitude of issues, from then and now. A common concern, I think, is participation.

A, reason; I browse through older threads is lack of participation on current threads. Another, knowledge. Knowledge of the forum, topics and contributing members.

We all have individual lives. Our common interest of riding has brought us together on this forum.

In my opinion, a group forum with "members," should have membership standards. Social standards and accountability standards.

this is a business.... money rules all.... traffic and advertising/sponsors funds this board... keep posting.... there are no bad posts IMHO... all traffic is good traffic.... bickering can be a good thing in certain instances.

Then you'll get into the arguments of not staying on topic and having to read through a bunch of chit chat posts to find all the info one needs on a certain subject. Random thoughts is good to have. Members just need to have more self discipline.
sooooooooo many people come here for FREE information... never post ANYTHING... and don't even buy their parts from sponsors... priority number one should be to support our sponsors HERE.... I mean honestly.... how many people here buy their parts from one of the active sponsors? I see soooooooo many people say.... go to rezvilla..... get that part from shnitz….. I mean really.... wtf????? those guys don't offer any advice or contribute any info here........ but people wanna save that dollar on that particular part......

support our sponsors

Supporting sponsors is very important, I agree. I am a patron our sponsors. (though no turbo)

Without knowing how the hosting for this forum is contracted, I can not say; "all traffic is good traffic" or "there are no bad posts."

Some cellular services are unlimited, others are no. Hosting services can be contracted in similar terms.

"Bickering" doesn't seem constructive. Dialog, debates, open discussions with mutual respect offer more for everyone. Opposing options, articulated with passion and understanding offer opportunities for growth.

It's a start, in my opinion.

Supporting sponsors is very important, I agree. I am a patron our sponsors. (though no turbo)

Without knowing how the hosting for this forum is contracted, I can not say; "all traffic is good traffic" or "there are no bad posts."

Some cellular services are unlimited, others are no. Hosting services can be contracted in similar terms.

"Bickering" doesn't seem constructive. Dialog, debates, open discussions with mutual respect offer more for everyone. Opposing options, articulated with passion and understanding offer opportunities for growth.

anything that draws eyeballs to this forum helps the bottom line... its a business.

You keep saying ‘it’s a start’. What? What made you open a thread which was last posted over nine years ago?

As for this from 123, “anything that draws eyeballs to this forum helps the bottom line... its a business.” BS as usual.

You keep saying ‘it’s a start’. What? What made you open a thread which was last posted over nine years ago?

As for this from 123, “anything that draws eyeballs to this forum helps the bottom line... its a business.” BS as usual.
its allll traffic...…. why is it that u get older but not smarter? lol... its a joke cbx…

You know, I was about to start a thread re freedom of speech and the backlash from certain political leanings,

Then I saw this old thread dredged up from 9 years ago in 'what's new', and thought 'maybe not, should really stick to talkin' all things Busas'.

Anyway, there's an interesting dicussion in that vid, these two were booked into a venue in Auckland recently to have a talk on their views, and the venue owner cancelled them as soon as he heard it was them, and how controversial their views are.

You know, I was about to start a thread re freedom of speech and the backlash from certain political leanings,

Then I saw this old thread dredged up from 9 years ago in 'what's new', and thought 'maybe not, should really stick to talkin' all things Busas'.

Anyway, there's an interesting dicussion in that vid, these two were booked into a venue in Auckland recently to have a talk on their views, and the venue owner cancelled them as soon as he heard it was them, and how controversial their views are.
Every time I see the dates, all I think about is @RedBull is about to lose his revival master title. :laugh:

1) On the flip side this was a doom and gloom "it's gonna die soon" rant in 2009 and we are still going strong!
2) There is only 41 votes cause the wording was like a political poll (so worded to sway the vote).
3) Doesn't matter what the vote was because we voted with our activity level anyway.
So post any subject you want and people will follow it or go to threads they are more interested, that self filtering has worked for years and will continue for years.

Every so often, something like this gets brought up... and here is an unfortunate reality that’s I had to come to terms with... many people have simply moved on... not just from the board, but also from the Busa.

When I first joined in 2003, the Busa was still new and exciting. Lots of things to to with the bike- improvements, cosmetics, custom stuff. Then a few years later, as the board was slowing down after 8 years of modding pretty much the same bike, in 2007 news of the Gen II reinvigorated the board. Of course, now, the Gen II is going through a lot of the same frustrating drag. Not too many original things happeneing with the Hayabusa these days- in fact there are several members here who no longer even have busas anymore. They stick around and post up occasionally, but for the most part, it is nothing bike related unless it is about other bikes.

Other manufacturers have made some amazing advances in their bikes... while in many ways the Busa has become stagnant. Many of us were hopeful of a 20th anniversary edition new release... but some have flat given up hope.

The Busa is a fantastic machine, and because of that, there is an absolute treasure trove of information here. Some of the members aren’t as friendly and ready to answer questions anymore because of the multitudes of answers available here.

I have met my very best friends in this world on the .oRg. I have been to weddings, seen divorces, participated in life events and relied on people here in times of need.

I still check in from time to time, especially when someone asks me a question. But admittedly, I don’t spend near as much time here as I should- life has gotten in my way.

When the bikes are not as exciting, people find other things to talk and/or argue about... and those arguments invariably lead to people leaving or being kicked out.

Sorry for the ramble...

That's what startled me.

I'm one of the guilty that didn't vote, for the reason already mentioned...the choices were slanted. The third option was an invitation to enter an argument I would rather not have in a forum.

I'm glad you unearthed this thread, it keeps us mindful of civility in social media. It's a bit tenuous.

this forum is obviously a special place.... this guy was waiting for self destruct mode a decade ago... and here it is... still standing... 15th round.

Back