Good Burping techniques?

bigoltool

Registered
I Decided to finish the last of my winter break maintenance today and flush and fill the cooling system. I essentially followed this guys technique (see link below) step for step but I also added ~4 oz of Redline Water Wetter to the 50/50 distilled Water/Havoline Dexcool mix for a nice off pink/orange color.

Now for my question. The manual says to swing the bike side to side slowly to burp it and I also massaged (don't even think about it) the hoses. I started it up and let it get hot enough to kick on the fan twice. Shut it down and let it cool enough to get the cap off the Rad. It seems as though it may still have air trapped somewhere because I have it filled to the rim and it is only showing about halfway on the overflow tank and it seems to be running hotter than I think it ought to be. Anybody got any good Busa Burping techniques? I have plenty of coolant and Water wetter left so another flush wouldn't be too much more hassle.

http://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=43

Hmmm. May be something with your massaging technique. I think we need pic/video of that to tell ya for sure!
tounge.gif

I think once you take her our for a couple of rides, all the motion will burp her.

I knew this would take a turn for the gutter!
laugh.gif

I double checked it last night before bed and the Level in the Reservoir had gone down markedly but the level at the filler was exactly the same???

You have to burp it a few times...a ride around the block helps too
beerchug.gif

A little massage again may help relieve the back pressure and stress just make sure you have a towel just in case.

Back