Time grows short!

still thinking about making the trip up... looking into the options. Anyone know how far the train station is from the place?
rock.gif
Are folks driving in or riding in ?

Train stops is very very close ... I'm driving in and hope to public parking within a block of the convention center.

I might see how much amtrak is to get up there... wanna say the train arrives around noon though, maybe I'll come up friday
rock.gif
got a friend up there from school that wants me to stay with her.... might be something I can pull off, all depends on work and funds
blush.gif

well looks like if all went well with Amtrak, I'd get into Union Station around 1153am on the 14th. How far is it, how much of a pain is it to get to the Convention center from there
rock.gif

hey, anyone know how far union station is from the convention center? also, whats the cost for getting in? whats the general plan for the day? I know noon at the suzuki spot but are we gonna try to do a group dinner?
rock.gif
Just trying to figure out trip plans
cool.gif

ok, 1.3 miles. so if I did the train up, looks like I'd be a little late for noon... even if all went well.

Now if I drove up, parking as I understand it is a pain. Martin, are you going to drive in or take the train up or
rock.gif
Looks like a metro station really close, so just trying to find the best way
cool.gif

I was thinking.......... This is a GREAT way to spend my birthday weekend, looking at bikes! I think I might have to find a ducati to sit on to finish my day, unless MV Agusta is there............
cool.gif

Zukracer, Jeremy & I will be going to the bike show sat AM.
If you decide to come up let me know asap and we'll try to hook up. Even being local we find it easier to to take metro which has a stop right at the convention center. Depending on where you come into the area we can make some plans for an easy trip if poss. Just checked Ticketmaster and as of 10pm tickets are not yet available, I'll be checking some local dealers to see if there are any discount tickets available.
Last year they cost $12-15 each and you can spend hours looking, food and drinks are pricey. If you want you can call me at 703- 408-4098.

sounds good, I'm trying to talk a buddy into going as well, not sure whats going on just yet but the train sounds like the best plan. Is noon a solid time or can we maybe say 1215-1230ish
rock.gif

Ok 10am.  See you there!  (Got my h.org hat the other day.)
We're picking up GrabnTwist at his hotel in Sterling at 10 am, we're meeting up at the Suzuki kiosk at noon in the convention center.
What hotel you meeting at? How deep is the convoy? It might be out of the way a little but I got free parking at L'Enfant (1 car) and I can park free at DOE (1 car) and just jump on the metro to the convention center.

Martin, are you driving up or takin the train/metro?

One of the best ways to go to the show if your south of DC is to park at the Springfield Metro station and take it into DC. The subway is about 2 blocks from the show.

I should know something in the next few days. Just trying to figure out a few loose ends.

Here is the offer guys. Let's all try to be at the Suzuki kiosk right at 12:00 noon. We will do a group photo at 12:15 sharp! Don't miss out.

P.

hmm, well if we make it up, 1215 might be cutting it very close for us. the train is scheduled to arrive at union station at 1154am, 1.3 miles to the place, figure 15mins walk at worst, then getting in... I'll know for sure if we are coming by the end of the weekend but I'm thinkin 1230ish would work better
blush.gif

Back