Those who have went down

stangman327

Registered
Do you think that going down eventually saved your life?

I went down almost 3 years ago and spent 5 days in the University of Maryland Shock Trauma hospital....yes it was my fault.

I think it opened my eyes and let me see that life is a gift.

I also realized that I hurt my family and friends and they didn't deserve to be hurt and worried due to me being stupid.

Thoughts please...

i have people say that being asleep is what saved my life when i wrecked...i say..NO if i had not been asleep...i would have never went down!!!.... but in all seriousness....no....life is an adventure...ment to be LIVED...not survived...

yep truck pulled out in front of me and stopped blocking 2 out of 4 lanes and i swerved to go around and hit a slick spot and the bike started sliding going under neath the lifted truck hitting the tire and i slit into it feet first... if it wasnt for sliding and my legs working as springs i would have ate the back of the truck face first

life is an adventure...ment to be LIVED...not survived...

exactly, can't life live life playing it safe and sitting on the sidelines. I had a gravel truck turn in front of me with no brake or signal lights and rode into a endo and hit head first, and I mean head first. Paralyzed from armpits down, 5 months in hospital, my first child was born while I was in hospital. Life is a gift but don't take it for granted. Wear your gear, my baby girl wouldn't have a father is it wasen't for over 2grand worth of gear. thats all I can say.

with that said my 07 busa should be ready to roll in a month and will be the first wheelchair accessable Busa.. When I was laid up in hospital a Dr told me " Do what inspires you, and that will inspire your famliy" and I've been trying to do that since I've been home.

dewie; with that said my 07 busa should be ready to roll in a month and will be the first wheelchair accessable Busa.. When I was laid up in hospital a Dr told me " Do what inspires you said:
That's amazing and I wish you the best of luck. Don't let anything stand in the way of what makes you want to live for the next day. I have a buddy in a wheel and he has a 9 second 69 camaro. I love it everytime he takes it out

exactly, can't life live life playing it safe and sitting on the sidelines. I had a gravel truck turn in front of me with no brake or signal lights and rode into a endo and hit head first, and I mean head first. Paralyzed from armpits down, 5 months in hospital, my first child was born while I was in hospital. Life is a gift but don't take it for granted. Wear your gear, my baby girl wouldn't have a father is it wasen't for over 2grand worth of gear. thats all I can say.

with that said my 07 busa should be ready to roll in a month and will be the first wheelchair accessable Busa.. When I was laid up in hospital a Dr told me " Do what inspires you, and that will inspire your famliy" and I've been trying to do that since I've been home.

I know how you feel..... sort of. I spent 5 months in the hospital and had 21 reconstructive surgeries, then i spent another 3 months in rehab learning how to walk again. Took me a year to walk without a cane. Everything happens for a reason. The day i was hit head on on the highway was the worst and best day of my life. The worst because it happened and the best because i lived. I met my wife in the hospital, she was one of the nurse aids. We later got married and have a son together. None of which would have happened had i not got hit. Life is too short to not do what you love. That is why i too got back on a bike. Work hard and you can do anything you want.

I know how you feel..... sort of. I spent 5 months in the hospital and had 21 reconstructive surgeries, then i spent another 3 months in rehab learning how to walk again. Took me a year to walk without a cane. Everything happens for a reason. The day i was hit head on on the highway was the worst and best day of my life. The worst because it happened and the best because i lived. I met my wife in the hospital, she was one of the nurse aids. We later got married and have a son together. None of which would have happened had i not got hit. Life is too short to not do what you love. That is why i too got back on a bike. Work hard and you can do anything you want.
I also got hit head-on by a drunk, on a blind curve of a tight canyon road...decided he liked my side of the road better. I took a year off riding after that to heal up and decide if I still wanted to ride. A year later I was back on a bike, but I was a much wiser rider, especially when it comes to covering my butt from the cagers that will ALWAYS do the unpredictable to try and kill you. That was close to 30 years ago......and I'm still riding strong :laugh:

Last time I went down, I slid close to 50 feet in the opposite lane before almost going over 100 foot drop. I thought how it could have ended that day. I told myself that I'll slow down (wasn't going that fast at the time) and make sure I'm not pushing it on the street anymore. I bought the bike to enjoy not to put me in the grave. I've been down 3 times. Run off the road once in a blind curve by somone text in my lane. Next, riding way too fast on an unknown road( totally my fault). And the last, the front tire let go in the middle of the curve. All different reasons but the last one could have ended so much different than it did. I hope to continue this sport for as long as I'm alive. And I plan on living awhile:thumbsup:

I gave everybody above a like because we're all riders and survivors, and we're all still loving the ride and surviving...(especially Dewie, you rock man!!)......what more can I say :bowdown: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

I have always felt that the goal is to have nothing left to give on the day you die. I love riding and after two crashes (one major) I am smarter, safer, still a little crazy and much more appreciative when I roll into the garage after a ride in one piece. You can't worry about the things you can't control. I had a buddy who went to Iraq, has been racing motorcycles since he was 16, and riding on the street for 25 years. He was killed by a drunk driver driving his wife's minivan.

If you wonder if riding is worth the risk, then maybe you shouldn't be riding. If you just think how can I reduce the risk and then take your chances, then you're a motorcyclist.

Been down twice, both with cars turning in front of me. Last one put me in the hospital for 5 days and took 1.5 years to rehab back enough to ride again. Thought at that time to give it up, but my wife which rides a 750gxr said if you give it up I will just do trips without you. So I started riding again. So yes I am married to a lady which loves to ride and is excided when I buy new bikes. In fact looking at 12's that are black!

Back