I went down yesterday...cager took me out

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
I was on my way to work yesterday morning at about 620 am, on a two-lane highway about a mile and a half from my house, and had an elderly guy come across into my lane head-on at me.... (it was still dark) I really thought I was about to be hit HEAD-ON---GOD HELPED ME SURVIVE---NOTHING ELSE COULD HAVE. I only had time to swerve hard to the right to try and miss him, and he still sideswiped me...
The mirror on his car struck my right arm(my forearm area)--it knocked me and the bike off the road but I was still up....Y'ALL WILL BE PROUD OF ME...
wink.gif
I went about 75-80 yards down through loose gravel and deep grass still up on the bike!! funny thing was, all that was going through my mind was KEEP THE BIKE UP!!! KEEP THE BIKE UP!!! I WAS TELLING MYSELF---DON'T DROP MY BABY!!! KEEP IT UP AND STOP!!! Of course, brakes were useless in gravel and grass--only made me slide more out of control..so I got off them and tried to just keep it up until I could get stopped. I did good until I hit a dip down and then back up on a gravel driveway.....I then went down with the bike but THANK GOD I was then going slow enough that it really didn't hurt me or the bike too bad....I thought my left arm was broken from the car hitting me... I couldn't really move my arm or fingers..it was just all numb. My baby has some pretty bad exhaust can and midpipe damage, some cowling damage, and possible right handlebar/throttlemeister damage, but okay other than that from what I initially see. I am gonna take it for a damage estimate...
As for me, my arm isn't broke (after a trip to the hospital)...I have some pretty bad blunt trauma to the muscles,nerves,ligaments in my arm but the doc said after the swelling goes away I'll be okay...So I am alive and want to tell you all.....I thank my GOD for protecting me....PLEASE watch out for all those OTHER DRIVERS... a FOUR THOUSAND POUND VEHICLE WILL HURT YOU BAD!!!! Drive super defensive and don't think you are always in control of everything....'cause you're not!!! I had only a split second to react...

WEAR YOUR SAFETY GEAR and BE CAREFUL

Oh yeah, to top it all off, the guy had NO INSURANCE!!!

Now I've got to file uninsured motorists on MY INSURANCE:
automatic $200 deductible on me, a hurt arm, loss time off work, and my baby needing repair...ain't it just grand!!!

Ya'll pray for me....

100_3440copy.jpg

Wow! Glad you made it through that... It could have been much worse. Can you sue the guy personally? What type of charges is he facing... I hope they are really harsh with him... I hate peopel that don't have insurance... I would go the pound of flesh route.!

Wow... way to keep her up as long as you did. Make sure you post up pics of the damage and what you need from the estimate... people here have a way of helping out when this kind of thing happens...

I would think it would do you no good to sue the fellow, without insurance, he might not have much. at least your ok. p.s. you are right God did protect you.

Yeah , WOW again ! Your guardian angel was working some major brownie points to pull you outta that one !Glad you're hear to tell us about it !

Won't your insurance company sue him to get "their" money back ?

Thanks y'all.....I forgot to mention...it wound up being an elderly gentleman that just so happens to go to my church!!! Poor guy is old, suffering from kidney problems that require him to go to dialysis for the kidneys not working right, AND he's a diabetic--I know he already is poor and don't have anything....I just CAN'T TAKE FROM HIM anymore....GOD WIIL TAKE CARE OF THIS...HE'S ALWAYS BROUGHT ME THROUGH..CHRIS
biggrin.gif

I'm so sorry to read that
sad.gif

Thank goodness you're relatively okay...sounds like you'll heal. I'm sorry about the non-insured motorist
rant.gif

Take care and you're in my thoughts!

Thanks to all for your thoughts and all---- I really do feel priviliged to have some good friends on this site!!!
beerchug.gif

You seem to have an outstanding attitude, only good things in the long run come from it.

Sorry to hear about the wreck and glad you are o.k.

Everything else will be fixed and worked out.

Stay safe and God Bless.

Hey, on the plus side - you must have gotten your throttle body sync worked out if you were riding!?!
smile.gif

Glad ya made it thru! that coulda been ugly for sure good job riding out the storm
bowdown.gif

Glad your ok.

But i am so sick of the "elderly" excuse. If you can't drive a car safely on todays roads you shouldn't have a license or a vehicle.

Sorry if i seem a bit harsh but it seems like every other week i hear about some blue hair running people off the road....or driving through a sears......or mowing down a innocent pedestrian. And they are NEVER charged with ANYTHING. They are just poor elderly victims.

Well these poor confused elderly people kill and mame the same way a younger driver does
rant.gif

Just my take on it, sorry if i jacked your thread i just had to vent.

Glad you're okay! Don't know if I would have kept the bike up or not, but doing so may have lessened your injuries. Let us know if you need anything.

I'm not trying to start anything here.or in anyway insinuating that this didnt happen.but how did you swerve to the right and the car mirror hit you in the right arm area.doesnt make any sense on how this happened.like i said im not trying to start any stuff here but just curious.
crazy.gif

nice recovery from what you said and thankfully you weren't banged up. as for the "elderly", the rmv needs to crack down and make it mandatory for retesting there driving ability skills so this type of thing doesn't happen w/ unfortunate circumstances. i can't emphasize this anymore!
let me know if you need a mirror or a pair of bar ends to get you by for a while.

+1 to the others, glad to hear you are safe.

As unfortunate as it sounds, I have to agree that the elderly make it dangerous to drive. Not discrediting the drunken, under age, drug enhanced, and all other drivers.

(silverfreak @ Oct. 26 2006,14:15) I'm not trying to start anything here.or in anyway insinuating that this didnt happen.but how did you swerve to the right and the car mirror hit you in the right arm area.doesnt make any sense on how this happened.like i said  im not trying to start any stuff here but just curious.
crazy.gif
Looks like a typo.... later in the post Chris says it is his left arm, which makes much more sence...

Back