Man down Daytona

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! How did you haul your bikes down there? Back of the truck or trailer? Ill be down there in a couple days.

Glad you are OK! Hope the rest of your trip goes well. Remember... scars are like tatoos... but with better stories! :thumbsup:

Wow! Bummer. Was it the Florida sand in the road that got you?
Just a lil is all it takes. Heal quick and get a Woodcraft stator cover from Pashnit.

Brush it off Moe your a big guy! Looks very minor. Just think now is the time to upgrade when you fix her up.
In Moes defense Daytona is usually slammed with bumper to bumper traffic and its not uncommon to move 1 city block in an hour due to the grid lock. Every time when I was cruising around I wouldn't wear any gear.
Now if I was going to ride outside of Daytonas city limits I would gear up but just cruising was jeans and a pair of eye wear to meet the law requirments.. OK dont you road racing Alpinestar warriors cuss me I by no means ever say its ok to skimp on protections but if you were ever at Daytona during bike week you would get the picture..
View attachment 1555028

Brush it off Moe your a big guy! Looks very minor. Just think now is the time to upgrade when you fix her up.
In Moes defense Daytona is usually slammed with bumper to bumper traffic and its not uncommon to move 1 city block in an hour due to the grid lock. Every time when I was cruising around I wouldn't wear any gear.
Now if I was going to ride outside of Daytonas city limits I would gear up but just cruising was jeans and a pair of eye wear to meet the law requirments.. OK dont you road racing Alpinestar warriors cuss me I by no means ever say its ok to skimp on protections but if you were ever at Daytona during bike week you would get the picture..
View attachment 1555030

I knew the risks and like the 99% I left the helmet and gear at the car/hotel. 80 degrees in stop n go sucks.

Now that I'm in the club I maybe more careful. Till I get cocky again.

Btw back in the day I had a Honda 85 atc 250r everyone says that don't count for going down. I've jumped, crashed, flipped that many times.

Thats a nice trailer you got there! Expensive...:bowdown: Mine is enclosed. Youre not afraid of someone stealing it off of that trailer at night? How do you prevent thief?

View attachment 1555033

Been there done that and know and understand what you mean, Went there once and am never going back into that mess.

Busa1166: it's dead here this year. I was here in 05 (mad house ) and 07 biketober.

Yesterday I went to the speedway around 5. All the venders were closed.

Here's the kicker. Monday I was heading over there. If I knew they were closed then I would not have been riding there meaning I would not have gone down.

Back