I went down yesterday...cager took me out

Glad to see you're alright.

Nice attempt at the save too ...
beerchug.gif

(coop65sr @ Oct. 26 2006,14:21) Thanks y'all.....I forgot to mention...it wound up being an elderly gentleman that just so happens to go to my church!!! Poor guy is old, suffering from kidney problems that require him to go to dialysis for the kidneys not working right, AND he's a diabetic--I know he already is poor and don't have anything....I just CAN'T TAKE FROM HIM anymore....GOD WIIL TAKE CARE OF THIS...HE'S ALWAYS BROUGHT ME THROUGH..CHRIS  
biggrin.gif
You have the right attitude. Glad you're okay to ride another day.
Maybe there are others in the church that can help him get to his appointments if he is a danger to others and himself.

(MC MUSTANG @ Oct. 26 2006,12:34)
(silverfreak @ Oct. 26 2006,14:15) I'm not trying to start anything here.or in anyway insinuating that this didnt happen.but how did you swerve to the right and the car mirror hit you in the right arm area.doesnt make any sense on how this happened.like i said  im not trying to start any stuff here but just curious.
crazy.gif
Looks like a typo.... later in the post Chris says it is his left arm, which makes much more sence...
yea the farther you read the more it makes since.mabey still in a little state of confusion-shock.but glad he's ok and will ride again.
super.gif

wow that is a scary story, the good man upstairs was keeping a watchfull eye on you. However, i agree with the other gentelmen that elderly people are dangerous and most of them including my own grandmother do not need to be on the public streets. i think states should make anyone over say 70/75 take a annual or bi-annual driving test (not a written test) anyway im glad you are ok
smile.gif

Hey guys/gals....

SORRY 'bout the typo error....AGAIN, IT WAS MY LEFT ARM....

GIVE ME SOME SLACK PLEASE.... I AM LEFT-HANDED TO BEGIN WITH....

AND.......I AM TRYING TO TYPE ON THIS DANG KEYBOARD WITH ONLY ONE HAND (FINGER)!!!!! Hen-pecking this thing with one finger----and with my right hand.... i don't usually do it like this....IT'S ALL GOOD THOUGH!!

(coop65sr @ Oct. 26 2006,10:54) I was on my way to work yesterday morning at about 620 am, on a two-lane highway about a mile and a half from my house, and had an elderly guy come across into my lane head-on at me.... (it was still dark) I really thought I was about to be hit HEAD-ON---GOD HELPED ME SURVIVE---NOTHING ELSE COULD HAVE. I only had time to swerve hard to the right to try and miss him, and he still sideswiped me...
The mirror on his car struck my right arm(my forearm area)--it knocked me and the bike off the road but I was still up....Y'ALL WILL BE PROUD OF ME...
wink.gif
I went about 75-80 yards down through loose gravel and deep grass still up on the bike!! funny thing was, all that was going through my mind was KEEP THE BIKE UP!!! KEEP THE BIKE UP!!! I WAS TELLING MYSELF---DON'T DROP MY BABY!!! KEEP IT UP AND STOP!!!  Of course, brakes were useless in gravel and grass--only made me slide more out of control..so I got off them and tried to just keep it up until I could get stopped. I did good until I hit a dip down and then back up on a gravel driveway.....I then went down with the bike but THANK GOD I was then going slow enough that it really didn't hurt me or the bike too bad....I thought my left arm was broken from the car hitting me... I couldn't really move my arm or fingers..it was just all numb. My baby has some pretty bad exhaust can and midpipe damage, some cowling damage, and possible right handlebar/throttlemeister damage, but okay other than that from what I initially see. I am gonna take it for a damage estimate...
As for me, my arm isn't broke (after a trip to the hospital)...I have some pretty bad blunt trauma to the muscles,nerves,ligaments in my arm but the doc said after the swelling goes away I'll be okay...So I am alive and want to tell you all.....I thank my GOD for protecting me....PLEASE watch out for all those OTHER DRIVERS... a FOUR THOUSAND POUND VEHICLE WILL HURT YOU BAD!!!! Drive super defensive and don't think you are always in control of everything....'cause you're not!!! I had only a split second to react...

WEAR YOUR SAFETY GEAR and BE CAREFUL

Oh yeah, to top it all off,  the guy had NO INSURANCE!!!

Now I've got to file uninsured motorists on MY INSURANCE:
automatic $200 deductible on me, a hurt arm, loss time off work, and my baby needing repair...ain't it just grand!!!

Ya'll pray for me....
Dude,, take him to court, old codger probably has more money than sense. Maybe he'll learn next time!! Did he at least stop? did they take him to jail for no insurance?Who helped you at the scene? How did he hit your right arm with his mirror? Did he cross all the way over or what? Was he asleep? dude the man upstairs WAS looking out for you!! It could have been way ,way worse than a bruised arm!!! Anyway,, hope everything works out. I'll pray for everyone here tonight!!

First, I'm glad you're safe...GOD was with you that day. I was wondering about the left arm...thanks for the correction.

Second, just how old is he and who told you he had kidney problems, diabetes, blind in on eye, cancer, etc.? If people at your church confirmed all this then it's believable, but if he told you that I would take it with a grain of salt.

Also, regardless of how old you are, you'd better have freakin' insurance or don't get on the road. It's un-insured motorists and incidents just like this that cause the rest of us to have such ridiculously high premiums. I hate footin' the bill for complete @ssclowns...old or not.

He should have his license revoked and at least pay for the damages/parts/service unless the guy is surviving solely on SS and eating bread and water every day. But I wouldn 't sue either.

I respect the elderly. Life is tough and for someone to have been through it for 70 years or more is an achievement in itself. I'm in FL and specifically go into red flag mode when I spot the blue hairs nearby. And this time of year is when all the old from up north start to hibernate to FL.

(coop65sr @ Oct. 26 2006,13:49) Hey guys/gals....

SORRY 'bout the typo error....AGAIN, IT WAS MY LEFT ARM....

GIVE ME SOME SLACK PLEASE.... I AM LEFT-HANDED TO BEGIN WITH....

AND.......I AM TRYING TO TYPE ON THIS DANG KEYBOARD WITH ONLY ONE HAND (FINGER)!!!!!  Hen-pecking this thing with one finger----and with my right hand.... i don't usually do it like this....IT'S ALL GOOD THOUGH!!
dang guys cut the man some slack
poke.gif
!!!, he's all wounded and stuff...dang proofreaders!!
pissed.gif
.It's your story bro tell it how ya want to
tounge.gif
...lol

i like your attitude. the world needs more like that. to forgive is divine.
rest assured there is a meaning for it, maybe it was for you to post here and give the glory to God.

you all ARE EXACTLY right about the "older" people.... I agree they become deadly when they get like this gent is.....this guy goes to my church... i've seen enough of him and heard his requests for prayer to know hia ailments are legit...I really don't believe he has much....don't know though....

BUT I really agree!!!! WE are the ones who reap all the negative consequences when something just like this happens....it is REALLY SAD AND AGGREVATES ME TOO!!!

Shawn.........thanks again for your call the other day!!! I enjoyed talking with ya!! I did meet a Highway Patrolman here in my town who is an avid 'Busa owner too!!! Met him through another 'Busa friend...He had me come over monday night. He had some of the motion pro mercury sticks and fixed me up relatively quick...the right tool makes the job a LOT easier!!!!

Tinbender0-----I was stationed at NAS Cecil Field with VS-27 FROM 90-'93....STRUCTURAL MECH TOO!!

Thank God your good to go... As far as the old dude, do what your heart tells ya... You will be blessed for it....

Bass

To forgive is good but no insurance is breaking the law, even here in MS now. Cops should take people to jail with no insurance. In other states you get caught without it that is exactly what happens.

(coop65sr @ Oct. 26 2006,11:21) Thanks y'all.....I forgot to mention...it wound up being an elderly gentleman that just so happens to go to my church!!! Poor guy is old, suffering from kidney problems that require him to go to dialysis for the kidneys not working right, AND he's a diabetic--I know he already is poor and don't have anything....I just CAN'T TAKE FROM HIM anymore....GOD WIIL TAKE CARE OF THIS...HE'S ALWAYS BROUGHT ME THROUGH..CHRIS  
biggrin.gif
Good luck and awfully benevolant of you to suck it up for the old man...

Glad it was not worse. Sounds like it could have been a really bad deal. Hope you heal up soon.

(coop65sr @ Oct. 26 2006,10:54) I thank my GOD for protecting me....PLEASE watch out for all those OTHER DRIVERS... a FOUR THOUSAND POUND VEHICLE WILL HURT YOU BAD!!!! Drive super defensive and don't think you are always in control of everything....'cause you're not!!!
One: Yes God was with you. I always say a prayer of protection before and one of thanks after riding. God's literally my co-pilot...which is why i don't get too naughty on the road anymore unless i have to.

two: control is an illusion. Which is why you should never believe other drivers to be in control and why your attitude should be DTA (DON'T TRUST ANYBODY) Treat everyone like half blind, half deaf with a cell phone hearing aid, attention deficit disorder morons that can kill you if they get too close. Always remember: If they're close enough to touch you they can kill you, and the only safe place around traffic is when your far away from it. Even if it means speeding and a lil "evasive manuevering" now and then, i keep people away from me when in motion. So farry so goody Thank God.

Back