So I went down...

Echoing the rest...glad you're ok! Sooo those cheap plastics can come in handy after all? Stuff happens...why not just get another set of the cheap stuff and finish out the season? Winter's still a long way off...

From what I saw and your explanation, you did an awesome job of slowing down!!! Glad you were wearing your gear!!!

Glad you are OK and no cars or bikes coming the other way... I still would say WHEW..though....

So when I saw the road name "666" I think I would have went another direction lol. Glad your ok and the bike damage is minimal. Your a better man than I, I could not say,"Oh well at least its cheap plastics"

Man, first off, so glad it was minor and your are ok BUT NOW to the VID....:rulez:Gloves????? Glad your ok, but remember Gear is a gift from GOD....proper gear will keep you riding.........not busting your marbles, but whats the first thing we tend to put down when we are falling, dont know who it is but whoever was not wearing gloves....

Last edited:
He was wearing all his gear, I'll attest to that. I wanted the jacket you were wearing... my dealership didn't have the white version of the jackets we have. Wanna trade?

Well its good to see you were not injured. This is your 2nd get off huh? Take your time getting back in the saddle. May want to consider if continuing to ride is in your best interest. If so...take Big E's gernerous offer above and jump on getting the brakes for the other side of your bike.

Well its good to see you were not injured. This is your 2nd get off huh? Take your time getting back in the saddle. May want to consider if continuing to ride is in your best interest. If so...take Big E's gernerous offer above and jump on getting the brakes for the other side of your bike.

Nah, the OP was just the second get off of the day. Two separate riders went down on the ride. I think the first get off was in everyones head and nobody wanted to see it happen again. The OPs bike came with one frt rotor and caliper and he told me before the ride he wanted to correct it.

Thanks to all for the well wishes etc. I had all gear on, the video was shot by a different rider. This is the first time I have ever dropped a bike...knock on wood. And Kevin is right, the previous one was absolutely in my head. I chose to not risk taking the corner hard and thought smarter to slow down and let others pass. Just didn't quite get stopped before hitting the gravel. The bike is at a shop now getting a new lower triple/damper put on (previous owner cut it off for some reason) and then I am going to address the brake situation as soon as it returns.

forgot about the sharpie, by brother-in-law just said to take a rock and scratch up the other side to make it look custom....think ill pass on that one :laugh:

should be able to get those allen heads at hardware store

Back