BusaBrother Went Down!

busabrother

Registered
Well, I must say thank god, i decided to get fully geared up today.  On my way out of my subdivision today leaving my daughters b-day party.  A car was in the middle lane and not enough space to maneuver.  Went into a skid to try to slow down before eating the grass.  Hit the grass then pulled a pro move by holding on to the bike while it slid so as not to go into the house on front of me.  I slid through the grass. across the driveway down the hill 5 feet fron the neighbors front steps.  Quickly got up, cut bike off and pulled her into my garage down the way.  Quickly went over to the neighbor, apologized.  Checked to see if there was any damage to their property(none thank goodness)  then went back home to look her over.

Cracked stator cover, peling painted inners.  And a fucked up left fairing and little scratches on the side.  I slid for a good while, but had on my draggin jeans, leather coat and gladiator ti gloves with boots.  I'm sore but not a mark.....yet anyway.  Helmet took a good hit. I will post pics in the light tommorrow.  

WEAR YOUR GEAR!!

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092064976 -->

That sucks! But it happens to all of us sooner or later.

It's good to hear that you're OK.
beerchug.gif

Shat I just get back and you go down...I can't figure...Anyway glad your O.K. and the bike doesn't sound as though it's damaged badly at all...
evil.gif

Sorry to hear about the accident, but the important thing is your o.k.

Busabro, I know its know help but almost went down myself yesterday, showing off at work. Tires were cold and the asphalt is slicker than snail poop. came around pulling the front wheel then I saw the curb coming. I get on the rear brake hard and locked it up the bike started comming around on me. I hit the front brake and stopped it without the front coming from under me stopping 3 feet from the curb. Sorry to hear about your fall.

post pics of your draggin jeans also, i have a pair. interested in how well they held up.

..yep, gear is everything.. ..I had my moments last year on my XTZ, when I was pushing a little too hard on the mountains.. ..fell once with 45mph just before a cliff, then two weeks later fell with 60mph (and really felt it!..) but other than broken plastics and bended ironwork NOTHING else occured! ..just got up, took off myself the dust, straightened out the main levers on the bike and RODE AWAY!..

The essence of gear is to protect you from physical contact with harder objects - that, my friends, does NOT include air.. ..don't fool yourselves, there's a ditch/curb/pavement waiting for ALL of us out there!

While in the closet, does not work for you... Wear it!
smile.gif

Back