this sucks I'm so sad my baby was taken from me

I thought lo-jack would tell you where the bike is - so do you really need to have a cell phone tied to it too?
The problem might be hiding that stuff so that they don't find it and disable it.

Like GNB said engraving something on it might be worth while. Only problem is from what we have heard is that
a stolen bike is stripped and dismantled ASAP - then probably sold ASAP to so that the thieves are not caught with it.

Any chance of you getting a ground floor apartment and rolling a bike inside. Out of sight seems like one of the best ways
to keep from having a bike stolen. That and a good neighborhood. :laugh:

Personally I would spend the $30/month on insurance. Then at least you would get something for it if stolen vs having a cell phone on it
will not guarantee that you get your bike back and then you are out a phone and a bike. :banghead:

But it's your choice - Good luck with the next bike and the new baby.

All good suggestions. But we agree that if a bike is targeted, a professional thief WILL be able to get it. All anti-theft measures can be defeated given enough time, effort, patience and planning. I'm paranoid about this sort of thing, but long ago I decided that I would pay full coverage and not worry about a theft. Unfortunately, in this world, it's just the cost of doing business and probably doubly so in Miami, which is absolutely NOTORIOUS for such crime.

Best of luck!

to melodicmetalgold, i am sorry about my lack of commas and periods. The day i wrote this i was on fire and the last thing on my mind was proper grammar and punctuation and lol you remind me of my english teacher she used to bust my chops all the time :)

anyways what do u guys think of this busa

original price is 4900 i got the guy down to 4500, i know i know the same thing aint happening twice and if it does i'll have insurance or i might just keep it at my best friends house inside his garage until i move. The bike only has 13k miles the only negative i could see was that it got dropped on both sides, so there are light scratches on both sides.

00Q0Q_cNgYOE5DxAb_600x450.jpg

00404_hVpT5zJmElr_600x450.jpg

Same bike I have. :thumbsup:

Looks good but hard to tell with out some close up pics.

How old are the tires?
Looks like it needs the kickstand mod.
Any extras or totally stock?

tires and battery are new, the bike is pretty much stock except for a cut stock undertail and a clear rear lamp. Well see i guess, my wife is getting c section done tomorrow so i am tied up till at least next week, if the guy still has it i guess ill get it, if not then ill prob end up getting a 2012 and up r1

Front turn signal lenses are not stock as stock are amber.
So rear may be changed too.

No R1 will compare to a Busa. A 2012 will cost more then an 04 Busa too.
Newer bikes are probably more likely to get stolen were as a 10-11 yo bike maybe not so much.
Cheaper to insure an older bike too, right?

Test ride the Busa, if you haven't - All I can tell you is I like mine. :laugh:

Good luck on the new baby addition. :thumbsup:

Post some pics when he/she comes into this world. :poke:

Congratulations !

Is this your first one?
If so, your life just changed in a number of ways.

Welcome to up at 2am and not being in a bar. :laugh:

Congrats. You thought the busa was a wild ride, wait to see what the next 20 years has planned for you.

Wow that's pretty expensive for bike insurance. I pay about $375 for the year for full coverage for mine (04' busa). And that's not with a perfect record. I go through

In either case, any updates?

Unfortunately no updates from the detective, everytime i ask i get the same answer, we are working on it.

Tits on a bull.

Unfortunately no updates from the detective, everytime i ask i get the same answer, we are working on it.

Tits on a bull.

We are working on it - means if it falls in our lap we will let you know. :laugh:

Like most of us on here - we think your bike is long gone.

What ever happened to the Red 04 you were looking at?

with my wife having the baby and all the commotion that was going on i didnt jump on it fast enough and the guy sold it to someone else

I was also to slow to buy another bike just recently but be patient there is a lot more out there also congrats on your first baby :thumbsup:

It looks just like my last bike too which was a 2006 hayabusa and she was taken from the target outside the sawgrass mall in broad daylight. I even put her on the sidewalk and not in the parking lot. I feel your pain. Even though Geico covered it all I felt very violated and upset for months after it was stolen. You get feelings of guilt almost like you didn't protect someone you love from evil. I still have a hard time getting over it or talking about it 5 years later. I just wish I could kill those who did it. The Busa was my first bike and I rode her for 4 years and 20k miles. I always thought I would lose her to a crash since I started off on such a big bike but in the end those bastards stole her.

Do you even want the bike back after all this time? I would rather part ways and start over with insurance money.

Do you even want the bike back after all this time? I would rather part ways and start over with insurance money.

The OP said he never had insurance - so nothing to start over with.

I hope he won't make that mistake again. I feel if you can't afford insurance then you shouldn't get a bike or a least only
get a bike which you can afford to lose. So if that is a 15 year old 500cc so be it. Better then nothing, right?

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. I have to park my bike outside and worry about it everyday. I guess I better start looking at full coverage insurance.

why full coverage? comprehensive is about $300/year with allstate (in my neck of the woods) with $500 deductable.

Wow that's pretty expensive for bike insurance. I pay about $375 for the year for full coverage for mine (04' busa). And that's not with a perfect record. I go through

In either case, any updates?

for full coverage? I find that hard to believe. What are your limits and deductibles? Geico wanted $2k / year for collision on my 2005. I have never filed a claim and I'm near 40 years old. No tickets.

for full coverage? I find that hard to believe. What are your limits and deductibles? Geico wanted $2k / year for collision on my 2005. I have never filed a claim and I'm near 40 years old. No tickets.

I believe it, I have a 2012 full coverage $500 deductible and pay just a bit over $500 a year.

Back