this sucks I'm so sad my baby was taken from me

ynavsoy

Registered
my bike was stolen last night right under my nose these people went thru 24/7 security went thru cameras and all and didn't hesitate one bit and stole her about 12:15 am last night this is basically what she looked like except i added red reflective tape to the rims after this picture I'm just so bummed i swear miami feels like its the new wild west these days where people just shoot you for no particular reason and then rob you

Screenshot_2015-01-20-19-31-09.jpg

to be realistic its most def gone by now chopped up and shipped i saw the security video and these guys were professionals in less than 5 minutes they undid the xena lock undid the steering lock if that makes any sense i saw him crouching and reaching under the left front on the bike then got on it started it and took off unbelievable!!

i need your guys opinion ten days ago a neighbors r6 was stolen and then now my busa was stolen it really seems like an inside job and the cameras at my hoa suck and so does the security you would think that they would off tighten their security or fix the cameras

Yep that sucks. :banghead:

Could be an inside job - but probably hard to prove it.

I know hind sight is 20/20 but I guess if they rode it away that would mean if you ever get another bike
or your friends have bikes you either need to remove the battery when you park it or at least have a hidden
switch to disable the battery and/or starter on it.

How about a can of mace pointed at them (with another hidden switch) so if they do get the ignition on it sprays the SOB's.
Unfortunately it appears that you must not have a garage. I assume no cover over it either?

Well I hope you had insurance on it and that it was covered in full.

Sorry I can't help you more. One of the pitfalls of living where it's warm year round.
No one gets there bike stolen in freezing temps with a foot or two of snow.

If it were legal to shoot thieves there would be far fewer thefts to deal with. Sorry about your lose. I hope you get her back.

Sorry to hear that hope you get it back in one piece do you have insurance ? I keep mine in the house and locked up :thumbsup:

Sorry I can't help you more. One of the pitfalls of living where it's warm year round.
No one gets there bike stolen in freezing temps with a foot or two of snow.

Not always true (unfortunately)....my buddy had his ducati stolen last month in north Idaho. :(

You know, in the middle east, if one steals they have offended ALah, therefore the had that stole must be removed to return to his graces. What I'm getting at is this: I bet it's really hard to ride a bike if you've been caught steeling once or twice?

-D

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. I have to park my bike outside and worry about it everyday. I guess I better start looking at full coverage insurance.

Not always true (unfortunately)....my buddy had his ducati stolen last month in north Idaho. :(

Agreed ^^^

I have to wonder if most of the bikes that are stolen are not covered (blanket etc) in any way.
Just having it chained up is a temptation to many thieves. Out of sight is usually also out of mind.

I think if I ever moved some place else and didn't have a garage I would try and build a create - kind of
like what they get shipped in. Then put some Big Air Horns in it connected to motion sensors or something.
Then at least you might have a fighting chance of them running away without it. Video cameras too - even a fake one might help.

Unfortunately - Where there is a will there is a way and thieves are pretty cleaver if they want something bad enough. :banghead:

In other parts of the world don't they cut a thief's hand off if they get caught stealing something? That might slow them down. :whistle:

Might be more fun to start with their feet so they can't run away... Sorry to hear man. Hope she was covered. My 02 1k was stolen almost 10 years ago now, no theft coverage...

I believe I read someplace that Florida is the capital for motorcycle theft, NO?

it def feels like the capitol of motorcycle theft for sure and on my case i feel like it was a tenant because they knew where the cameras were at and more or less the rotation or shift change of the securitys

it def feels like the capitol of motorcycle theft for sure and on my case i feel like it was a tenant because they knew where the cameras were at and more or less the rotation or shift change of the securitys

So - Did you have insurance and are you covered? Plans to replace it?

Do you have to wait to see if the police MIGHT find it or will the insurance cover it right away.
IF I lived in Paradise and could ride all year long I wouldn't want to be with out a bike any longer then I had to.

no insurance i know i am an idiot long story short i was doing 140 on a car got a huge ticket so i got rid of the car because the insurance went thru the roof and then i got the bike

no insurance i know i am an idiot long story short i was doing 140 on a car got a huge ticket so i got rid of the car because the insurance went thru the roof and then i got the bike

So do you live in a State that doesn't require insurance?
Most states do require insurance that I know of.

Well that really sucks if you are out of a bike and have no car either. :banghead:

I guess I would check into if the place you live at could be liable if they had 24/7 security and it got stolen.
What good is security if they let people in to steal property?
Know any lawyers? Couldn't hurt to ask if there might be a case. Do you even feel safe living there?

Back