this sucks I'm so sad my baby was taken from me

Sofla and especially Miami is bike theft headquarters. If it's left outside it will get stolen no matter the amount of cameras or security.

Please join our local forum and post this theft there. It is daily we have one taken here.

SoFlaSportbikes.com

Get a friends bike and a .12 gauge. Park it where yours was and wait.....
The rest you'll figure out.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope it ends well through whatever chain of events unfold.

Out here I hear the theives have built trailer truck combos where they back up to your motorcycle and hide it from view with a false bottom in the trailer. The back doors are open and the bottom of the trailer is open up to the axel as you view it from the rear. Once parked in position they lift the bike up inside the rear part of the trailer and place it in front of the axel in the front half of the trailer. Any motorcycle sitting in an area with a little space around it can disappear from view on 3 sides in seconds.

Stories like this make me want to install a GPS location system on my bike.... If they are pros it may not help, but at least it would give me piece of mind.

to redbusarider yeah i guess here in fl they don't require insurance heck they don't even require a motorcycle license to register it and man what really sucks about this bull**** is that my wife is due next week with our baby body and i don't know how the hell I'm going to figure it out since driving to work is such a hassle
theres no place to park in downtown miami thats why a motorcycle was such a convenience

i wonder if there are any car guys here that could possibly tell what kind of car this from the side profile

20150124_010626.jpg

i got to vent i guess, theres a particular guest not a resident a person that just recently started visiting this place where i live where theres 5 separate buildings and a total of 295 units/apartments and this guest just so happens to visit a unit on my building and on my floor don't ask me how i know all this i have been living on like 3 hours of sleep a day freaking watching everything and everyone anyways this person does not drive the car i posted above that was just a test even though no one replied the car is a silver late model jetta which is irrelevant but what is relevant is that i have worked at dealers since i was 19 i am 32 now so i know cars !
and even with crappy cameras i can make out what car it is and i know you guys may think I'm overthinking or that I'm paranoid but this particular person of interest when the 1st bike was stolen he drove right after it like within seconds at almost 2am i know ur thinking 1st bike???? **** i wish the association would of notified the tenants or put up a flier or something or even sent an email out but they didn't they thought it was an isolated incident anyways fast forward 10 days and then my busa gets stolen and lo and behold theres a car that follows it out within seconds a very unique car a car like the one that followed the 1st bike out not the same car but a car that no one else drives in this place anyways i find out the 1st car and the 2nd car were both checked in at the gate by the same person and this person has been driving a different car just about every time he comes for a visit. so i find out the persons name google it and Facebook it and instagram and everywhere else you can think of and this person also has a business but just not any business he has a body shop or a chop shop as i would like to believe in the worst possible place its basically two warehouse bays right next to each other with a sign in the middle stating the name of said place now i start to put 2 and 2 together and i am like **** this is the guy it has got to be guy even if he didn't physically stole the bikes himself is just too coincidental that he follows the bikes out the gate he must be involved one way or another so last friday the 23rd i contact the police give them all the information i have with pictures and video and everything and nothing happens no action was taken by them none!!! then on monday i miss work and go to the police station and wait 2 hours to talk to the detective thats on the case and give him all the information i got and the guy is impressed he's like **** with this i can bring him in for questioning but 1st i need to contact all the owners of the vehicles he's been driving and ask questions and blah blah blah and i just can't send a unit to his place of work and more bs and blah blah blah and that all i have is circumstantial evidence that unless i caught him in the act or went to his shop myself and saw the bikes there that theres a long process he has to follow i don't even know if i make sense anymore man i am just so mad they do so little is like they don't really care /not in a hurry to solve the case and catch the guy i mean i know the bikes are most likely gone by now but **** at least question the freaking dude scare him a little he might crack

Sorry to hear about the lack of police help. But like you said the bikes are probably long gone so in less it is an ongoing operation it would be hard to prove anything.
Maybe you could check other apartment complexes and see if other people are being ripped off in the same or similar way.

Do they ride the bikes away? If so, then that means they get them started, right? Is it so easy to bypass the ignition switch and touch wires together and it starts?
I've toyed with changing the starter button with the pass to flash button. That might slow them down hitting starter button and nothing happening. Not sure if it's doable or worth it though.

I feel for you man. I would be sick if someone stole my bike, and I even have insurance. Without insurance really has to be worse.

Did your wife give birth yet? Wish I could help. Guess if you want another bike get a junker that runs UNTIL you move to a much better place, with a garage maybe?

a simple hidden kill switch wud hav saved u a lot of heartache.... doesn't mean they cudnt roll it off on foot or throw it in a van but it wud hav prevented them from starting it and riding it off.

a simple hidden kill switch wud hav saved u a lot of heartache.... doesn't mean they cudnt roll it off on foot or throw it in a van but it wud hav prevented them from starting it and riding it off.

True ^^^

GNB being a LEO do you know the best way to keep a bike from being stolen?

Is there any benefit to engraving any info on the frame or engine etc?

True ^^^

GNB being a LEO do you know the best way to keep a bike from being stolen?

Is there any benefit to engraving any info on the frame or engine etc?
there is always a benefit to engraving but I tell ppl to do it discretely cause if the thief sees it he/she can deface it. same goes with rims.

I had a guy a few years back have his rims stolen off his BMW right out of his lot and left on milk crates. apparently they were custom rims with a custom offset. he was 100% sure they were his. I believed him but the car was outside of an apartment complex. he had no paperwork with him but did have it at home he claimed. unfortunately home was an hour away.

just didn't have enough to tow the vehicle for investigation and we are a very busy city so I wasn't gonna babysit his car till he came back. but if he had some sort of engraving on the inside of the rim and said so I wud hav towed for and forwarded it to auto theft for further investigation.

wen ur bike is essentially stock other then maybe an exhaust or somthn its imperative that u identify ur bike as yours in some way. a simple initial engraving on rims or some other part of the bike discretely behooves u. it doesn't even hav to be initials as long as its personal to you. like ur SS#. ppl just think its some sort of serial number meaning nothn.

it may hav little to do with preventing ur bike from gettn stolen but can sure help to identify it if u think u hav located it possibly.

I also tell ppl around here to invest in Lojack but its not available everywhere. if Lojack goes off and its a motorcycle we almost always recover it. even if its on the move eventually they will get off and they are unaware it has Lojack so it usually recovered without a pursuit and damaged which is more then I can say for cars usually which we find but not always in one piece after a pursuit unfortunately.

yeah they rode both bikes away them ****ers make it look so easy.... and no the wife hasn't gone into labor yet if she dosent go into labor by sunday we have to go to the hospital on monday I'm so excited to finally see mini me :) on the next bike i get i will def get lojack and i was also thinking on getting an old cheap iphone and getting the cheapest prepaid plans possible like 30 bucks a month and rigging the phone permanently with an usb cable charger thingy on the bike that way i can track it too.

yeah they rode both bikes away them ****ers make it look so easy.... and no the wife hasn't gone into labor yet if she dosent go into labor by sunday we have to go to the hospital on monday I'm so excited to finally see mini me :) on the next bike i get i will def get lojack and i was also thinking on getting an old cheap iphone and getting the cheapest prepaid plans possible like 30 bucks a month and rigging the phone permanently with an usb cable charger thingy on the bike that way i can track it too.

I thought lo-jack would tell you where the bike is - so do you really need to have a cell phone tied to it too?
The problem might be hiding that stuff so that they don't find it and disable it.

Like GNB said engraving something on it might be worth while. Only problem is from what we have heard is that
a stolen bike is stripped and dismantled ASAP - then probably sold ASAP to so that the thieves are not caught with it.

Any chance of you getting a ground floor apartment and rolling a bike inside. Out of sight seems like one of the best ways
to keep from having a bike stolen. That and a good neighborhood. :laugh:

Personally I would spend the $30/month on insurance. Then at least you would get something for it if stolen vs having a cell phone on it
will not guarantee that you get your bike back and then you are out a phone and a bike. :banghead:

But it's your choice - Good luck with the next bike and the new baby.

i wonder if any insurance will take me lol i got a ticket doing 124 so if they do I'm sure it will be astronomical i guess i could always get the next bike under my ladys name.

Man, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thieves are my biggest fear since buying mine.

I would think your insurance would be unreasonably expensive. I'm surprised to hear that any of you have full coverage on your busa's. I had an '07 Yamaha VStar worth ~4k insured with full coverage for ~$130 a year and when i called Progressive to change it to the Busa, they said it'd be almost $300 a month/ 3600 a year. I get that it's a 15k bike, and extremely fast but that's ridiculous. I have a clean driving record, multi-vehicle discount, 44 years old, live in a subdivision with a garage < 2 miles from work in a medium sized city, safety course, licensed, riding and insured for over 20 years with no accidents or claims. I can't see how I'd miss even one of the discounts, and yet I could just buy a second bike and still save $1200 a year. So I went with liability only for ~$140 a year and planned to just spend the money on lojack and 1 or more kick ass security systems.

It seems to me a very loud siren or two going off might even discourage the crews that can cut a chain, pick up the bike and into a truck/van in seconds. Unfortunately lojack isn't available, and I've yet to find a security system that isn't easy to bypass by design. I am settling in on either the Scorpio Ride or Scorpio I900, and if i'm on the road staying in hotels or just going to be away from the bike for a long time, a second siren with it's own battery like the Xena.

You didn't say how they got passed that Xena disk lock. Did they break it off somehow? And was the siren sounding the whole time?

BTW, If this is your first child I predict that you won't be too worried about the bike in a few days:) I'm just now getting back into riding regularly since my first was born. He turned 16 last month:) They do become much more important than you can imagine they will. Congrats on that:)

Oh, I considered sticking this on the phone mount on my bike as a deterrent. I think the squawk of an alarm system would be required to really sell it:)

Attachments

• AntitheftSticker7.bmp
    315.6 KB · Views: 110
jesusss for an 04 busa just liability and comp is 210 a month and for a 2012 r1 is 494 a month i guess i am walking to work!!! thats just nuts "allstate" thats 2500 a year on the busa and almost 6k on the r1 on my 07 mercedes r350 i only pay 120 monthly for full cover man i really hate thieves

i got to vent i guess, theres a particular guest not a resident a person that just recently started visiting this place where i live where theres 5 separate buildings and a total of 295 units/apartments and this guest just so happens to visit a unit on my building and on my floor don't ask me how i know all this i have been living on like 3 hours of sleep a day freaking watching everything and everyone anyways this person does not drive the car i posted above that was just a test even though no one replied the car is a silver late model jetta which is irrelevant but what is relevant is that i have worked at dealers since i was 19 i am 32 now so i know cars !
and even with crappy cameras i can make out what car it is and i know you guys may think I'm overthinking or that I'm paranoid but this particular person of interest when the 1st bike was stolen he drove right after it like within seconds at almost 2am i know ur thinking 1st bike???? **** i wish the association would of notified the tenants or put up a flier or something or even sent an email out but they didn't they thought it was an isolated incident anyways fast forward 10 days and then my busa gets stolen and lo and behold theres a car that follows it out within seconds a very unique car a car like the one that followed the 1st bike out not the same car but a car that no one else drives in this place anyways i find out the 1st car and the 2nd car were both checked in at the gate by the same person and this person has been driving a different car just about every time he comes for a visit. so i find out the persons name google it and Facebook it and instagram and everywhere else you can think of and this person also has a business but just not any business he has a body shop or a chop shop as i would like to believe in the worst possible place its basically two warehouse bays right next to each other with a sign in the middle stating the name of said place now i start to put 2 and 2 together and i am like **** this is the guy it has got to be guy even if he didn't physically stole the bikes himself is just too coincidental that he follows the bikes out the gate he must be involved one way or another so last friday the 23rd i contact the police give them all the information i have with pictures and video and everything and nothing happens no action was taken by them none!!! then on monday i miss work and go to the police station and wait 2 hours to talk to the detective thats on the case and give him all the information i got and the guy is impressed he's like **** with this i can bring him in for questioning but 1st i need to contact all the owners of the vehicles he's been driving and ask questions and blah blah blah and i just can't send a unit to his place of work and more bs and blah blah blah and that all i have is circumstantial evidence that unless i caught him in the act or went to his shop myself and saw the bikes there that theres a long process he has to follow i don't even know if i make sense anymore man i am just so mad they do so little is like they don't really care /not in a hurry to solve the case and catch the guy i mean i know the bikes are most likely gone by now but **** at least question the freaking dude scare him a little he might crack

Condolences on the loss. Well done on the investigation, thought I couldn't finish it. Seems the thieves stole your supply of periods, too.

Seriously, I stopped reading this post due to the lack of periods. I'll be I'm not the only one to bail. I understand not bothering with comma's and apostrophes and such, but the period goes a long way towards organizing written thoughts. Just a suggestion.

Hope you get your bike back, the thieves are caught and spend the rest of their lives unable to steal ever again!

Good luck!

Back