That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It!!!

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Below you'll find the 'tale' alluded to in a previous 10JAN09 Pix thread... I was unsure what to entitle this 'tale', so I decided that we should call it:

The Beans.​

So, yesterday morning, we were launching out on an effort, the mission of which will remain TS, :laugh:.

Originally, Lamb was supposed to be part of this effort, but at the last minute, realized he had another more pressing commitment. He did, however, offer up his 'busa to be part of said effort. Sometime during the night, Lamb brought his 'busa over to my place, parked it securely and he disappeared into the night as quietly as he'd come. I didn't even know the 'busa was at my house until Lamb texted me to 'look' for it... :laugh:

So, at the last minute, I'm looking for someone I trust to ride Lamb's 'busa. A couple of names came to mind, and I decided that I'd ask one from my 'regular crew', Craig, to take the helm. He agreed. Craig and Lamb have ridden together numerous times...so it wasn't as if Craig was a total stranger to Lamb...

Onward...

After all the players had gathered at my place to head out and meet another contingent on this mission, we decended from Mission Hills. Three blocks into the trek, in a left-turn from the stop light, Craig lost control of Lamb's 'busa and high-sided.

Well, initially we thought Craig had gotten caught at the stoplight when we didn't see him in the rear-view. I called out to him on the C-box; no reply. Our next light turned green and we proceeded onward with still no sign of Craig and nowhere to U-turn. At the top of the hill, with still no visual, and no radio response from Craig, we finally got to a place where we could turn around. At that time, a truck rolls up and asks if we're looking for a guy on a red/black bike. Um...yeah. So, he says: Well, he went down and is layin' in the street at the bottom of the hill. Holy crap.

So, we proceeded as fast as was judicious, down the hill to collect our friend. Minutes later, the fire engine rolled up, then the police, then the ambulance. They put him on a body-board and hauled him to Mercy.

As is customary with all our primary crew members, Craig was in full gear. His head hit the asphalt face first. The gouges in the chin and up along the shield are testimony to the 'wear your gear' chanting you hear coming from this board... Anyway, he had some pain in his ankle and a headache... Seemingly minor. Everything checked out as reported by the Doctors at Mercy. Whew.

And Lamb's 'busa? Well, the front brake lever broke off, the frame-slider did it's job. It's rashed and bruised lookin', but overall, didn't fare as badly as some here have. In fact, Lamb even said, when he was first able to see it...it didn't look as badly damaged as thought it might. Whew.

Kind of a crazy event. In fact, the entire day, yesterday, was completely messed up. I'm going to blame it on the effects of the insanely full-moon :moon: on it's closest annual passing to earth. It does strange things to men and dogs...

Well, there are no pix of Lamb's 05 'busa laying at the foot of Washington Street, no pix of Craig before the ambulance got there...

However, to show you how nicely it all turned, out, here's a picture, originally described as an "Unscheduled Stop" in my thread launched yesterday.

I didn't go into the fact that Lamb's 'busa had hit the skid, because I didn't know how he'd feel about that public notice being made without his consent. Evidently...he's quite onboard with it.

If anyone noticed in that thread...there are only three people pictured and four 'busas, yet no one said anything... :rofl: Ha!!! I know, I know...the leaves are so pretty! :whistle:

The parking lot where those pix were taken is the lot into which we pushed the damaged bird. I know this is going to seem kinda cold...but after the accident, while we were waiting on the LEO to 'talk' to us, we "propped" the bikes and made 'em look, well, like they do...

Special thanks to Lamb for not coming unglued.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!!

Mission.jpg

Mission 3.jpg

Sorry to hear about you friend and the bike. Sounds like all will be OK though, thats good news.

It's been a rough week all over. Bosshound went down this AM on the way to join us for a ride to Chico, got a call while waiting for him that he was not going to make it.

Here are some pics posted by Bosshound.
Bosshound is down !!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about Craig, Hope he is goingto be OK. ALso sorry to hear about Lamb's bird.
Lamb seems to be one heck of a great guy like you Scar. :beerchug: to Lamb. And you also Scar for looking out for both parties interests.
Says alot about all of you in your "Group"

wow, that sounds like a bit of a nightmare. Glad your friend is ok!

I got an extra brake lever if lamb needs it.

The missile is in the shop to have an accident report done. It was leaking some oil from the right side. Looks like a cracked crank case cover piece thingy? Broken peg on right side, scratched up right side plastics, Scratched up exhaust, general light scratches on the bar end and mirrors, Slider did a great job of keeping the headlight piece from seeing any road surface. My after market folding "cycle pirates" rear brake lever is ground down but still intact.

Craig, the "rider" of missile spent about 4-6 hours in the hospital and as of the time that the bike was picked up, some 7 hours after the incident, he had been released. Don't know of his condition as of yet, believe it or not, Lamb has not spoken to him yet.

That is some kind of voicemail to recieve though. Hi Lamb, this is Scar. I have some really bad news about your bike. Craig just wiped out on it and is in the hospital. He left some more on the message but for the life of me, can't remember even one word more. blah bla blah blah blah, it went on blah bla bla blah. HOLY CRAP! Lamb knew they were supposed to do some highway style riding for the top secret project. Wipe-out! OH NO! It continued Blah bla bla blah blah. Blah bla bla blah blah- and call me when you can! Thanks and sorry. Weekend jobs for Lamb pay for rubber, gas, and trackdays! It consists of getting yelled at by grown men who are supposed to be playing softball. Grown men who think their caca doesn't stink and they are always being singled out by the umpire because he has a grudge against their scary talent. Anyway, Lamb got this message after his 3rd of a 5 game schedule for the day. Needless to say, the only 2 games where Lamb didn't "take it" the whole game, where Lamb didn't "have a thick skin" were in the last 2 games. Both games someone got tossed, on the usual garbage that usually gets left alone, but it didn't help like it was supposed to.

Work done at 2:00 and head down "3" blocks from the domicile to where the bike is. Talked to Scar and found out it wasn't a freeway get off, so feeling better Lamb was. Mind was racing though, what would be there? Pieces, parts, oil all over. Surpisingly little damage, however. So hopefully Craig is in as good a shape as the bike is in.

What a day!

Wow, sorry, but I had to laugh a little. Good write up Scar, and Lamb.....very sorry about your bike.

Scar, how is Craig?

Just talked to Craig and he expressed his sincerest apologies to missile and myself. He is very sore but will not miss work. He said his ego hurts as much as his body, poor guy.

Wow, sorry, but I had to laugh a little. Good write up Scar, and Lamb.....very sorry about your bike.

Scar, how is Craig?

Hey James & all...

I talked to Craig a little while ago...he said his limp is less pronounced and his head seems clearer...so I guess he's better than yesterday. A few muscles tighter than they were but that's to be expected. In all, things could have turned out much worse.

I gotta tell ya...that event occurred at about 6:50 a.m.; the rest of the day saw some other very strange happenings...happenings which I shall not address...kinda like an ad for a 'garage sale'; items too numerous to mention...

I have a few written in stone rules:rulez:....one being: never ride someone elses bike. I have the worst luck. Craig has to feel SO BAD, as I would. Tell Craig it happens to the best of us..... Lamb, let me know if you need parts....I have rearsets, anything mine is yours.

DD

I have a few written in stone rules:rulez:....one being: never ride someone elses bike. I have the worst luck. Craig has to feel SO BAD, as I would. Tell Craig it happens to the best of us..... Lamb, let me know if you need parts....I have rearsets, anything mine is yours.

DD

Very cool, Vinny. Not at all surprised. I'm going to help get as many of the parts together for Lamb's "Missile" as I possibly can.

As soon as Lamb has the list of what's required, anything that cannot be gotten expeditiously from the "generosity of the .oRg", I will effect the WMD (my special discount) for whatever else Lamb deems necessary.

Seems the least I can do.

Back