UUGGHHHH!

Sorry to see the damage lamb. Had a similar situation when I sat my bike down from the rear stand to the side stand. Evidently rolled just a wee bit forward and 10 min. later while I was putting my gear on hit fell against my '61 Panhead. Snapped the left side mirror off and the foot peg on the Pan ripped the tank bra and put a dent in the tank. Fortunately for me the dent is covered by the tank bra. Makes you mad in hindsight to have let it happen.

I'd be hotter that a runaway Ma-duce
firedevil.gif

(Devil Dog @ Jun. 23 2007,17:38) look at the bright side......

It will cost less to fill up on gas now.

DD
ices_rofl.gif

That sucks Lamb, but Charlesbusa knows how it feels... dented tanks suck donkey balls
argue.gif

I`d buy another one, constant reminder of my own stupidity would kill me.
Tanks are cheaper then depression treatment.

sorry to see the damage...i know it kills you every time you see it but don't let it eat at you, we have almost all made mistakes and our bikes have the scars to prove it

(semi @ Jun. 23 2007,23:35) sorry to see the damage...i know it kills you every time you see it but don't let it eat at you, we have almost all made mistakes and our bikes have the scars to prove it
Ummm........maybe "YOURS"....HELLOOOOoooooo
rock.gif
?..........................

Okay, I'l say it, "B-A-D THE LAMB...BAD BOY"................now that we got THAT out of the way.......umm....errr........uhhhhhhh.....

"IT'S STILL THE FASTEST COLORED BUSA !!!!!!!

Bought my pitbull right after I purchased mine back in August 05', put it up on the stand, did maintenance, then promptly took it off the stand with the "side stand" in the upright and locked position. Took the Spudley Busa off the pitbull and it did basically the same thing, ya know, the s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n tip to the left as if it was headed to a down-and-locked sidestand........WELL....it didn't stop and rolled on it's left side cracking the fairing at the allen bolt just short of the motor mount (No really Gofaster can confirm this, I really am an idiot
cool.gif
), John threatened to take my keys away from me
wow.gif
, well it hit the carpet rolling and when it was all over, I was in need of a left fairing from Mr. Cycles about $440 worth. "B-A-D SPUDLEY....BAD".

Took me about twelve months to remedy, but I finally got her back to fastest-colored-perfection..........but I WAS STUNNED WHEN IT HAPPENED AND IT STILL SMARTS TO THINK ABOUT IT NOW....so I'm going to stop thinking about it and what's done is done.

"STOP THINKING ABOUT IT"..plan a course of action, drink some Crown Royal with Vinny and Rich, and know that with or without the dented tank.........................

You're still the owner / pilot of the "WORLD'S FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE IN THE WORLD'S FASTEST COLOR BRUDDAH !!!!!!!!!"
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

Now get it fixed or I'll send this woman, who rather enjoys inflicting pain to your door.......GET MOVIN" !!!

post_12_54256_226578032_l.jpg

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

(Lamb busa @ Jun. 23 2007,17:45)
(DaCol. @ Jun. 23 2007,17:31) "OH" I like that Porsche in the back ground, what is it
rock.gif
? A 911 E-T-S ?
Thats my neighbors 912! Pre 911! It's in great shape! '65! The thing sounds like a VW!
The reason it sounds like a VW is because 912's are using the same engines that were used in Porsche 356's. The 912 was introduced 1965 and ran through 1969 to compliment the 911, but running 1.6 liter(early) to the 2.0 liter flat four cylinder engines offered a lower price with fewer options and a sparkling 30 mpg.
engineopt.jpg

30,000 models were made. It out-sold the 911.

Once Porsche introduced the 911S and 911T models they felt that the 912E (which the 912 had evolved too) was redundant and turn their focus to the short ran 914 and its various models

912! 911 Styling and economical appeal!

They are a great car!

Sorry about you tank.
smileyexhibit.gif

My condolences.
sad.gif

That REALLY sucks, plastics I can handle but gas tanks are a biotch on cost and inconvenience.

I'm not a big guy, so I got a rear stand with a pipe handle and got a three foot section of pipe to help raising and lowering. That way I can work it one'handed and have a hand free to control the bike i.e. push the hump towards the kickstand side.

(Shibumi @ Jun. 24 2007,06:03) My condolences.  
sad.gif

That REALLY sucks, plastics I can handle but gas tanks are a biotch on cost and inconvenience.  

I'm not a big guy, so I got a rear stand with a pipe handle and got a three foot section of pipe to help raising and lowering. That way I can work it one'handed and have a hand free to control the bike i.e. push the hump towards the kickstand side.
A long handle is definitely in the works!

Spudley! You are a freak! Thanks for the story! Don't send your lady friend over without calling first! LOL

(Cookie @ Jun. 24 2007,01:54)
(Lamb busa @ Jun. 23 2007,17:45)
(DaCol. @ Jun. 23 2007,17:31) "OH" I like that Porsche in the back ground, what is it
rock.gif
? A 911 E-T-S ?
Thats my neighbors 912!  Pre 911!  It's in great shape!  '65!  The thing sounds like a VW!
The reason it sounds like a VW is because 912's are using the same engines that were used in Porsche 356's. The 912 was introduced 1965 and ran through 1969 to compliment the 911, but running 1.6 liter(early) to the 2.0 liter flat four cylinder engines offered a lower price with fewer options and a sparkling 30 mpg.
engineopt.jpg

30,000 models were made. It out-sold the 911.

Once Porsche introduced the 911S and 911T models they felt that the 912E (which the 912 had evolved too) was redundant and turn their focus to the short ran 914 and its various models

912! 911 Styling and economical appeal!

They are a great car!

Sorry about you tank.
smileyexhibit.gif
It's a targa model witha fresh repaint (stock color). He got the deal of a lifetime! $5000 UNBELIEVABLE He just redid the interior and it's really a nice clean rust free car! He gets waves from the Porsche community he says!!

Thanks for the condolences on the tank everyone! Gonna have to invest in a bagster tank bag! The $$$ never stops being spent on the missile!

Lambster - man, I am sorry to see this...If it makes Lamb feel any better, I have an unsightly dent in the tank as well - from the crash, not a tip over, but still...

I see a bagster in my future as well... what exactly happened? Might help some people avoid it to know what to look out for...

(Lamb busa @ Jun. 24 2007,11:11) It's a targa model witha fresh repaint (stock color). He got the deal of a lifetime! $5000 UNBELIEVABLE He just redid the interior and it's really a nice clean rust free car! He gets waves from the Porsche community he says!!
We Porsche drivers are like the motorcycle community. We always wave. The addiction to the marque is intrinsic, when you drive one,, it all comes to you without explanation. You know what I mean. It's just built in.

Great price, btw. Targa, too!
beerchug.gif

Lamb, I have a purple / blk tank for you to use until your is repaired. I bought it for when I fund up enough to paint my ride. PM me & i give you my info if you want to take me up on it.

(KoK-LoL @ Jun. 24 2007,11:59) Lamb, I have a purple / blk tank for you to use until your is repaired. I bought it for when I fund up enough to paint my ride. PM me & i give you my info if you want to take me up on it.
Thanks KOK! Don't think it will be necessary but the thought is appreciated!
beerchug.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Jun. 24 2007,11:30) Lambster - man, I am sorry to see this...If it makes Lamb feel any better, I have an unsightly dent in the tank as well - from the crash, not a tip over, but still...

I see a bagster in my future as well... what exactly happened?  Might help some people avoid it to know what to look out for...
Don't park your junk too close to your bike when working on it! It hit my car, just barely, and dented the top as it fell!

Back