Frame up Build with mods and carbon fibre.

Yoshimura logo airbrushed in Candy red and Candy black with metallic silver to match other logos on the bike

8A6861C0-325C-4EDE-A91D-EF2EEEABC0E3.jpeg

FDDD1779-F950-4389-A24B-7D1ACD5632BE.jpeg

D15089AE-418F-4D91-90F1-429CC7315264.jpeg

It has moved on quite a bit since last posting on here. Panels are now painted, they are a metallic black very similar to the new Gen 3 metallic black. I had the paint mixed at a local suppliers it looks awesome in sunlight very subtle and glistens as light hits it.
Initially I flatted the panels with 600 grit and repaired a couple of stone chips etc. I modified the front fairing around the mirror mounts as I will be fitting non standard mirrors.
The Busa logo is actually a new version that Suzuki have designed for the Gen 3. I found a picture online then scanned it and reproduced it on the MacBook using Adobe Illustrator. From this I cut a vinyl stencil so I could spray the logo. I'm using a metallic grey same as the fuel tank logo with a hint of gold pearl which gives a gold glow in sunlight.
All paintwork has been sprayed in base coat and sealed with a 2 part Ceramic clear coat. Ceramic clear is 40% tougher (so they say) than regular acrylic 2 part paint... expensive though! There were a few nibs in the paint so flatted these out and machine polished everything.
An engineer made the see through clutch cover, I had no idea how much condensation collects within the engine you can see it on the clear perspex. This soon disperses when warmed up, there was a slight weeping of oil from around the rubber seal on this unit so at present the original cover is fitted. Opinions seem mixed on a transparent cover, I quite like from a bling perspective but if its a potential for leaking oil then I will leave it off. Its back with the guy who made it to see if it can be resolved.

IMG_4343.jpeg

IMG_4344.jpeg

IMG_4345.jpeg

IMG_4346.jpeg

IMG_4347.jpeg

IMG_4348.jpeg

IMG_4349.jpeg

It's off the work stand, first few feet ride and the ABS light went out so the ABS works!! phew! I was getting impatient and my gen 1 Busa was racking up the miles so I have fitted the standard rear fairing so its now rideable over summer. There are still the side fairings to fit, I am making these in carbon fibre. I booked the MOT test (required in UK to ensure a vehicle is roadworthy). It passed first time and the examiner loved it.

IMG_4376.jpeg

IMG_4378.jpeg

IMG_4379.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

IMG_4381.jpeg

IMG_4385.jpeg

IMG_4386.jpeg

Back