Sorry for the late phone calls guys !!!!

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
Scar, Diesel, GoFaster, and The Lamb all received late night phone calls to answer the eternal "What D@MN battery can I use in a pinch" phone calls last night. Lamb answered with a "Spudley" (In a "do you know what time it is ???" tone of voice). Although annoyed, he gave me the info I basically needed, and then GoFaster came through with the dimensions, Lamb didn't have. No fault to Lamb as "he was" half asleep.

I have found that you can install a battery that is 5 1/8th tall if you remove the nub, and the foam battery hold down underneath. The rest, as they say, is history.......

BTW Daniel, you have mail, and possibly Paypal......when this one dies, I'll take that upgrade. If I had bought it three weeks ago, I wouldn't have run into these issues, and the phone calls..... :oldcool:

Scar, Diesel, GoFaster, and The Lamb all received late night phone calls to answer the eternal "What D@MN battery can I use in a pinch" phone calls last night. Lamb answered with a "Spudley" (In a "do you know what time it is ???" tone of voice). Although annoyed, he gave me the info I basically needed, and then GoFaster came through with the dimensions, Lamb didn't have. No fault to Lamb as "he was" half asleep.

I have found that you can install a battery that is 5 1/8th tall if you remove the nub, and the foam battery hold down underneath. The rest, as they say, is history.......

BTW Daniel, you have mail, and possibly Paypal......when this one dies, I'll take that upgrade. If I had bought it three weeks ago, I wouldn't have run into these issues, and the phone calls..... :oldcool:

Glad you got 'er sorted, Spud. :beerchug:

Ya know, I had a feeling there was a reason why no one was answering !!! :thumbsup::rofl: Lamb, in spite of knowing it was me, answered it and was extremely helpful !! Owe ya dinner Brother !!! :super:

Last edited:
Wish Lamb could have been more helpful. Glad you got your missile back on the road. This is not the only story of a guy with an alarm having juice problems, despite having a battery tender and everything. You called all these people at 11:00 pm. Doesn't Diesel live in Wisconsin? It was 1:00 in the morning for him. You must have been desperate. Glad it worked out enought to get you going. See ya in Reno at the latest. Maybe we can hook up over the Nascar weekend in Feb.
Out
Lamb

hehe-no sweat of my back, bro-I was beyond unconscious by that time, and I turnd my phone off to charge it *when it pix up my Vc. msg. right away its off or outta range* while I charged my 'internal' battery.

glad you got your battery issues fixed up:beerchug:

Wish Lamb could have been more helpful. Glad you got your missile back on the road. This is not the only story of a guy with an alarm having juice problems, despite having a battery tender and everything. You called all these people at 11:00 pm. Doesn't Diesel live in Wisconsin? It was 1:00 in the morning for him. You must have been desperate. Glad it worked out enought to get you going. See ya in Reno at the latest. Maybe we can hook up over the Nascar weekend in Feb.
Out
Lamb

Not the first battery, and won't be the last Brother.....here in Vegas, not having a rear rotor-lock, and an alarm spells "buh-bye" !!!! Yes, I called Scotty, but I expected him to be clubbin !!! :super:

Count on February, and count on April as well...h3ll...you might count on December ????..... :oldcool: I need a road trip asap.....

When John took the time to come through with the dimensions it was simply fit it in the hole...... :oldcool:

Last edited:
Back