Christmas Eve LA Mountains/Coast Ride

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Lamb and I left yesterday morning at 6:45 and headed to LA to meet Charlesbusa (Charles) and Shortboarder (Craig) for breakfast in Santa Monica. We made record time getting up there, and the weather, while a little brisk at that early hour, was very nice.

We got to the restaurant (Jinky's) at 8:30 and enjoyed the meeting and catching-up that goes with random occasional gatherings.

After breakfast, we headed toward the hills surrounding LA and north, and shredded them for awhile. The names of the roads mostly escape me, but Charles & Craig lead Lamb & I through them like experts.

We stopped for lunch on the coast north of LA, at a seafood restaurant, then headed back into the mountains. After getting through the twisties, we merged on to the 101 to the 405 and went to the Long Beach airport where Charles gave the three of us a personal tour of the traffic control tower. While air traffic was light, we did get to see how it all works...what an amazing job, Charles.

Anyway, the others will undoubtedly put pix and verbiage to this thread, so I'll just regale you with the images I captured along the way.

Happy Festivus, ya'llz!

...and thanks, Charles, Craig & Lamb for a great, great day.

Scar

Craig_Charles___Lamb_Christmas_Eve__07.jpg

First stop; some place at the corner of "Stunt" (you read it right) Road...

Stunt_Road_Christmas_Eve.jpg

More Pix; you could see Catalina Island through the morning haze...

Catalina_Island__through_the_haze__Christmas_Eve__07.jpg

Famed 'star' hang-out, Rock Store. Jay Leno reportedly hangs out here a lot. He wasn't there when we were. I'll have to phone him and ask why.

Rock_Store_Christmas_Eve__07.jpg

That was a killer day yesterday! Scar - it was great meeting + riding with you. I'll definitely see you out in Pahrump
cool.gif

more pics here.

Back