Lamb & Scar's Day Out

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Well, the weather was as great today as it was predicted to be.

Word was put out on SoCalRiders that a ride would commence between 10:30 and 11:00 a.m. this morning. A bunch of us met at Valley Kitchen for breakfast then headed out toward El Cajon for the 'congregation'.

We departed between 10:45 and 11:00; there were ten of us.

Lamb/Busa
Scar/Busa
Jimmy/R1 (soon to be a 'busa owner)
Brian/GSXR750
Brian/R6
Brandon/R6
Craig/R6
Jamie/CBR600RR
Chuck/Aprilia
Len/GSXR600

One of the most memorable points was the S-22. It a fantastic, mostly flat deserted desert road (there are a few winding elevated twisty spots which break up the 50-mile stretch). Lamb & I, for as long as possible, hovered at $1.60-$1.70. It was amazing.

Great weather, great roads, great pace, great friends, and overall spectacular riding.

We didn't stop anywhere for pictures, so I snapped this shot at Carlee's restaurant/bar in Borrego Springs. Eight (of the 10) bikes squeezed into one parking spot.

All in all, a fantastic day.

Hm...weather's supposed to be even nicer tomorrow.

Maybe we can get some better pictures...

Scar

8of10_bikes_in_1_Parking_Spot___Carlee_s_Borrego_1_12_08_e_.jpg

Here's another pic taken this morning before heading out...

I hope you all had great weather this weekend, too...

laugh.gif

Scar_s__08_1_12_08__e_.jpg

On a more serious note. It was a great day with every rider in complete gear head to toe. We were rolling through the desert at one point with 10 bikes doing $1.30 on the downhill through the pass heading down the hill on the I-8 before Borrego springs. Lamb was in the lead and thought he was all alone, as he hadn't glanced in the mirror for a couple of minutes. Upon glancing in the mirror at a short downhill straight away he was surprised to see ALL 10 bikes directly upon his heels. Woohhoooooo! What a train. Everybodies adrenaline was pumping as the conversation that followed was excited and loud! That was just b4 Scar left me wondering where the power was on that new '08. Those things are no joke, he was pulling me pretty easy until he let off the gas and let me by.

On a more serious note.  It was a great day with every rider in complete gear head to toe.  
Right-o, Lamb.
tounge.gif

I forgot to mention the gear. It was impressive to see everyone properly outfitted for that type of ride. It's how we roll...

And that AMAZING stretch on I-8...I wonder what people must think.

Sounds like a great time guys
winkold.gif

I plan on hitting some of the roads next month!

Crap:

I did the southside of 8.... Skyline Truck Trail and Jamul up to Julian... bought a pie, came back down S2 and back through Harbison Cyn and home....mostly twisties. If I had known there
would have been 11 of us.

What a day for a ride!!! This is why we live in-near San Diego

Crap:

I did the southside of 8.... Skyline Truck Trail and Jamul up to Julian... bought a pie, came back down S2 and back through Harbison Cyn and home....mostly twisties. If I had known there
would have been 11 of us.

What a day for a ride!!! This is why we live in-near San Diego
Next time you'll get a PM! Lamb promises.

Sounds like a great time guys  
winkold.gif

I plan on hitting some of the roads next month!
Charles...great to confirm your plans to head down here...

I look forward to sharing our roads with YOU this time. I won't do Palomar Mountain with you, but there are tons of other opportunities...and we're looking forward to hosting you (and whoever else wants to make the trek).

I'm officially jealous. We did, however, go out yesterday. Froze off various essential parts of our anatomy and had to go back and look for them. Otherwise, it was a great "fix!"

--Wag--

Man I have to admit I do feel bad or you guys ... yesterday I did the FULL island cruise adn IT WAS 72 Deggres and I was Frezzing LOL

It was in the 70's here today, as well.

I did, however, go up Sunrise Highway where at 6000 feet elevation, it was 50f. A little brisk, but if you go fast enough, you can get through it and head back down to sea level
laugh.gif

250 more miles today; all told for the weekend, 550 miles. Sweet.

And, I hear the Chargers won.

Back